“WOW” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today.
Muscat, Oman
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the BEST gelato I've ever had! We have been to Venice and Florence and have had gelato on a daily basis but nothing comes close to this creamy gastronomic experience. Definitely a MUST TRY while in Rome. We are here for another 4 days and I intended on going to get my fix every single day :D

1 Thank ntother

• Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Eat everyday if I can”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm not a big fans on ice cream, but this just driving me crazy . It's just prefect matching together , I like the way they will put melted chocolate in the scones and add additional cream on top the gelato, pistachio and biscotti is my favorite ,the thing only I will say is they should put English menu because we can't see the ice cream and is all in Italian . It will be great if tell me what it is then I can try other flavor ,BUT you can ask her choose for you . I have one gelato flavor that she choose for me that I dunno the name .it was delicious, It has nuts and chocolate and taste like ferero Roche. The best gelato I had in Italy.

• Visited June 2014
Bandon
“Join the queue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Walked past this building and wondered why there was a queue of people outside the door, my question was answered by a woman leaving the building with a large ice cream and an equally large smile on her face and she told me to try it, that it was worth it. She was correct,
A multitude of flavours all made in house, it isn't just for the tourists, the locals know about it and are seen taking large containers home.
Enjoy the experience,

• Visited May 2014
Frankston, Australia
“A cake display do drive a sweet tooth to decay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were having dinner across the street from this Gelateria and we could see it had queues down the street and around the corner. After dinner we had to discover if it was worth waiting for.

OMG! It was out of this world. Flavours that were diverse and absolutely delicious. We went back to this Gelateria every night of our stay, sometimes we walked straight in and ordered, sometimes we waited for half an hour. Every time the taste of the ice cream was sensational!

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than Herdera”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We went here and the other top rated Gelato places in Rome and this one is by far the best. There is always a line with locals which says more than all the reviews in the world. Go here and enjoy!

Been to Gelateria La Romana? Share your experiences!