“Absolutely incredible - don't go to Rome without visiting! ”

Gelateria La Romana
Ranked #12 of 775 Dessert in Rome
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

After my first mouthful, It became abundantly clear why, for the hour or so I was there, the queue was consistently out the door. Rated as the second best Gelateria in all of Rome - though I struggle to see how it could be better - I was expecting good things. What I got was truly exceptional, and the food highlight of the whole trip. An array of wonderful flavours, extremely friendly and helpful staff who were obviously very passionate, and fast, efficient service despite how insanely busy they were. I went round three times to sample as many flavours as I could - the coffee; pistachio; and strawberry in particular were to die for (and I don't usually much like strawberry ice cream - and by the end I could barely move. And it was totally worth it. Thank you to the beautiful staff member who suggested I try the cookies and cream, as well. Top notch. Don't go to Rome without visiting this wonderful establishment.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the BEST gelato I've ever had! We have been to Venice and Florence and have had gelato on a daily basis but nothing comes close to this creamy gastronomic experience. Definitely a MUST TRY while in Rome. We are here for another 4 days and I intended on going to get my fix every single day :D

1  Thank ntother
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm not a big fans on ice cream, but this just driving me crazy . It's just prefect matching together , I like the way they will put melted chocolate in the scones and add additional cream on top the gelato, pistachio and biscotti is my favorite ,the thing only I will say is they should put English menu because we can't see the ice cream and is all in Italian . It will be great if tell me what it is then I can try other flavor ,BUT you can ask her choose for you . I have one gelato flavor that she choose for me that I dunno the name .it was delicious, It has nuts and chocolate and taste like ferero Roche. The best gelato I had in Italy.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Walked past this building and wondered why there was a queue of people outside the door, my question was answered by a woman leaving the building with a large ice cream and an equally large smile on her face and she told me to try it, that it was worth it. She was correct,
A multitude of flavours all made in house, it isn't just for the tourists, the locals know about it and are seen taking large containers home.
Enjoy the experience,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were having dinner across the street from this Gelateria and we could see it had queues down the street and around the corner. After dinner we had to discover if it was worth waiting for.

OMG! It was out of this world. Flavours that were diverse and absolutely delicious. We went back to this Gelateria every night of our stay, sometimes we walked straight in and ordered, sometimes we waited for half an hour. Every time the taste of the ice cream was sensational!

Been to Gelateria La Romana? Share your experiences!