“An amazing experience!!!”
Review of Hotel Caravita

Hotel Caravita
Ranked #129 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just came back from our 3 nights vacation in Rome. My wife and I have only good things to say about Hotel Caravita.
Its a small hotel located at the center of Rome, walking distance from all the main attractions (except the Vatican of course), very clean rooms, decent + size (we were at room 108), very quiet at night and very reasonably priced. The Hotel and rooms look totally new from the inside, amazing shower, fast and free Internet connection (we had 4 different devices connected simultaneously and I even downloaded a movie at night using torrent...) very good breakfast (2 kind of eggs, bacon, sausages, cooked vegetable, cereal, granola, milk, yogurt, bread and rolls, different Italian cheese and probably other stuff I forgot) and most importantly a very helpful and nice "breakfast guy" that took care of us and made great coffee and hot chocolate.
The rest of the staff was amazing as well (the two female receptionists) which catered to all our needs.
We ordered in advance (from the hotel) a taxi that took us directly from the airport to the hotel and it was very convenient.
Sorry for not writing the names of the staff, didn't want to make a mistake...
One suggestion - add fresh vegetables to the breakfast, be the first in Rome to do this :-)

We plan to come back to Caravita when in Rome and send everyone we know to this excellent establishment!!!

Itai and Merav

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 123wedsw

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good service, friendly guy at breakfast (he actually fed our son:) BUT! We had 2 rooms. In one of the rooms they found a small (I mean really small) stain on the white leather pouffe. It was, we assume, a stain from a plastic bag. Anyway, the girls at the fromt desl said "the hotel is new and it's expensive"!!! I have to admit I was shocked. Working at a hotel before this is the first time I heard such comments. They decided not to charge us but they didn't leave us a good impression. I think the employees have good intentions but the manager or the owner is very immature. SO: Be careful, don't stain the white leather. Don't even think about accidently breaking sth. Good luck!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Pinar T
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were there with my wife from 7th until 10th Feb 2014. Considering the price you cannot find something better. I tried really hard to choose something good (best value) via Internet. Finally I found this small hotel and I am really proud for my choice. My wife congratulated me!! Exactly as described from the others. SUPER SPOT close to everything. You needed shops?Via del Corso, via de Condotti etc next to you. You needed sights? We were between (3 min from each) Pantheon and Fontana di Trevi. 3 min walk from piazza Venezia with the tourist buses, trams etc. SUPER CLEAN, nice room decorated with taste (simple, no exaggerations), a shower where you really enjoyed to be after walking all day in lovely Rome. We were able to make our coffee in a proffessional coffe machine and they also had cookies,sweets, fruits etc 24 hours a day for FREE. Nice breakfast (small buffet , dont wait 5star buffet but more than decent).I was really impressed because when I was reading the past reviews some travelers have pointed out that the bread could be better (it was typical tost slice) and when we went they had add quality bread pieces (THEY READ THE REVIEWS AND THEY TRY TO IMPROOVE THATS REALLY IMPORTANT). After 9pm no elevator, no reception but that did not bother us at all (the hotel its in the first floor, if you REALLY needed something there was an emergency button and phone numbers). After all, my opinion is that this (no 24 hour reception) is clever from the owners because they can keep their price low. Last but not least the people who work there are FANTASTIC. With a (real) smile, helpful and friendly. When I was booking Sylvia from the reception was extremely helpful (there was a problem with the credit card). Finally , the guy who was there for the breakfast: Rasal the GIANT. Too good to be true. Friendly, hard working trying to satisfy all the customers, interesting tips for nice spots in Rome, even interesting personal stories about himself (in good English , rare in Italy). Friendly and professional at the same time. "Bravo" for the owners for their choice of personnel.

Conclusion: PERFECT choice considering the money

Markos Lavrentiadis from Greece

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ΜΑΡΚΟΣΛ Λ
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I spent three delightful nights in this absolute gem of a hotel, last week. We were totally impressed with the comfortable rooms. The bed was very very comfortable and the shower and amenities were first rate as was the cleanliness. The whole hotel cleanliness was faultless as was the attention to detail. This is a small luxury hotel right in the heart of Rome. All the famous sites are within walking distance. I would also extend my personal thanks to the incredibly caring, friendly and efficient staff who delivered such great service. I would single out Silvia, who was particularly helpful to us when my suitcase was lost by the airline. However, I have to say that ALL the staff were fantastic. The only criticism I could make is that there are no English speaking TV channels. Maybe this will change in the future. This didn't matter to us as we were too busy enjoying Rome. This is a hotel that we would highly recommend and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was searching for a nice hotel in the centre of Rome and luckily i found hotel Caravita! All the reviews you read about this hotel are absolutely true. We loved this place as it offers all you need while you are on vacation in Rome. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. I recommend this hotel and we'll definitely stay at Hotel Caravita the next time we'll be in Rome.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stella K
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After looking at hotels all over Rome to accommodate a party of friends for my wife's birthday, we decided on the hotel Caravita and we weren't disappointed.
The service in booking both the hotel and arranging recommened restaurants was nothing short of superb.
The rooms, service and location were excellent. An amazing long weekend, enjoyed by all.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Caravita B&B was our option no1 for our first visit in Rome. We have originally booked a standard double room through their website on a non refundable rate which seemed great but then we decided to upgrade to one of their junior suites (105)... God I'm glad we did cause that's the right room size .
This is a brand new property and everything in the room is top quality. The TV is great the bed is big and comfortable and sound proofing windows will let you watching people walking down the street without all the noise from busy Via del Corso
The two girls at the reception Silvia and Pamela, always smiling and with a respect to their guests will help you with everything you need
Breakfast was nice in terms of serving with the kind guy there always helpful but it was same every day. I would suggest fresh orange juice since it's a 8 room property so wouldn't need too many oranges. Some soft music and some quality Italian bread wouldn't hurt either. We were not there to lose weight.
The location couldn't be more perfect just a short 3 minutes walk from Pantheon and Fontana di Trevi and believe me when that's your first time in Rome that's a priority. There is also a bus stop Corso-MInghetti right upfront.
As said before it's a brand new B&B and needs a few, not too many, improvements which I'm sure they are aware of.
First a bathrobe should be provided. Amenities are fine and ironing facilities are provided but a closet is not because of limited space so hanging your clothes next to the safe and mini bar didn't look that nice.
Humidity was bit too much and the steam room for which we paid extra for wasn't working properly it just kept showing errors.
The vision of the owners for a family boutique hotel of high standards is obvious they just to work on a couple of things that can be fixed.
Thanks for a wonderful stay & we are definitely coming back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple