“Stunning Little Gem !!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Caravita

Hotel Caravita
Ranked #86 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
mansfield
“Stunning Little Gem !!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Only got back from this little gem yesterday and wish i was still there......

This Hotel was not our first choice but i'm so glad that my first choice was unavailable when i came to book it because the Caravita is absolutely stunning. Upon arriving the taxi driver could not find it although he was literally parked about 30ft from the front door. The Caravita only has a dark wooden door for its entrance and the hotel itself its all on the first floor. You enter is by going up the winding staircase and pressing the buzzer on the door. As soon as the receptionist opened the door it was like W O W !!!!!!!!!! We checked in quickly and our room was ready. We were allocated room 102, there are only 8 rooms so don't be fooled by the number 102 !!!!!! The pictures you see on the internet are exactly whats is like in the flesh. All the rooms are decorated to a high standard including the breakfast room. The young guy who serves breakfast is extremely pleasant and makes a fantastic cappucino and fresh orange just. Breakfast is an ample one, serving nice breads, cakes, cheeses, fruit, yoghurt and a small selection of hot food. Its enough to set you up for the day and if you are passing by late afternoon, you can nip back in for an afternoon cuppa and a piece of cake.

Rome can be explored on foot as we did, The Vatican being the furthest away. It took us 30 minutes to walk it but we are quick walkers. Aim to get there early to avoid the queues. Entrance to The Vatican is free but we paid 7 euros each to go up in the lift of The Dome. We then walked the rest of the way to the absolute top of The Dome. It was a clear day and offered a fanstastic view of the whole of Rome. You can pay 5 euros and walk the whole way but its an awful lot of steps, the last bit to the top of The Dome was bad enough as you could not rest, you had to keep going because there were people behind us and there was not enough to stop to let others pass by. Be warned though, this is not for the UNFIT people out there, its a killer and i mean a killer......

We did all the other tourist attractions and had a fantastic time in Rome... If you are thinking of visiting Rome and wondering were to stay, stay at The Caravita, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Caravita for a wonderful stay. Carolyn & Andy (Room 102)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MinnieMansfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just came back from our 3 nights vacation in Rome. My wife and I have only good things to say about Hotel Caravita.
Its a small hotel located at the center of Rome, walking distance from all the main attractions (except the Vatican of course), very clean rooms, decent + size (we were at room 108), very quiet at night and very reasonably priced. The Hotel and rooms look totally new from the inside, amazing shower, fast and free Internet connection (we had 4 different devices connected simultaneously and I even downloaded a movie at night using torrent...) very good breakfast (2 kind of eggs, bacon, sausages, cooked vegetable, cereal, granola, milk, yogurt, bread and rolls, different Italian cheese and probably other stuff I forgot) and most importantly a very helpful and nice "breakfast guy" that took care of us and made great coffee and hot chocolate.
The rest of the staff was amazing as well (the two female receptionists) which catered to all our needs.
We ordered in advance (from the hotel) a taxi that took us directly from the airport to the hotel and it was very convenient.
Sorry for not writing the names of the staff, didn't want to make a mistake...
One suggestion - add fresh vegetables to the breakfast, be the first in Rome to do this :-)

We plan to come back to Caravita when in Rome and send everyone we know to this excellent establishment!!!

Itai and Merav

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 123wedsw
E
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good service, friendly guy at breakfast (he actually fed our son:) BUT! We had 2 rooms. In one of the rooms they found a small (I mean really small) stain on the white leather pouffe. It was, we assume, a stain from a plastic bag. Anyway, the girls at the fromt desl said "the hotel is new and it's expensive"!!! I have to admit I was shocked. Working at a hotel before this is the first time I heard such comments. They decided not to charge us but they didn't leave us a good impression. I think the employees have good intentions but the manager or the owner is very immature. SO: Be careful, don't stain the white leather. Don't even think about accidently breaking sth. Good luck!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank PinarTr
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were there with my wife from 7th until 10th Feb 2014. Considering the price you cannot find something better. I tried really hard to choose something good (best value) via Internet. Finally I found this small hotel and I am really proud for my choice. My wife congratulated me!! Exactly as described from the others. SUPER SPOT close to everything. You needed shops?Via del Corso, via de Condotti etc next to you. You needed sights? We were between (3 min from each) Pantheon and Fontana di Trevi. 3 min walk from piazza Venezia with the tourist buses, trams etc. SUPER CLEAN, nice room decorated with taste (simple, no exaggerations), a shower where you really enjoyed to be after walking all day in lovely Rome. We were able to make our coffee in a proffessional coffe machine and they also had cookies,sweets, fruits etc 24 hours a day for FREE. Nice breakfast (small buffet , dont wait 5star buffet but more than decent).I was really impressed because when I was reading the past reviews some travelers have pointed out that the bread could be better (it was typical tost slice) and when we went they had add quality bread pieces (THEY READ THE REVIEWS AND THEY TRY TO IMPROOVE THATS REALLY IMPORTANT). After 9pm no elevator, no reception but that did not bother us at all (the hotel its in the first floor, if you REALLY needed something there was an emergency button and phone numbers). After all, my opinion is that this (no 24 hour reception) is clever from the owners because they can keep their price low. Last but not least the people who work there are FANTASTIC. With a (real) smile, helpful and friendly. When I was booking Sylvia from the reception was extremely helpful (there was a problem with the credit card). Finally , the guy who was there for the breakfast: Rasal the GIANT. Too good to be true. Friendly, hard working trying to satisfy all the customers, interesting tips for nice spots in Rome, even interesting personal stories about himself (in good English , rare in Italy). Friendly and professional at the same time. "Bravo" for the owners for their choice of personnel.

Conclusion: PERFECT choice considering the money

Markos Lavrentiadis from Greece

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ΜΑΡΚΟΣΛ Λ
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I spent three delightful nights in this absolute gem of a hotel, last week. We were totally impressed with the comfortable rooms. The bed was very very comfortable and the shower and amenities were first rate as was the cleanliness. The whole hotel cleanliness was faultless as was the attention to detail. This is a small luxury hotel right in the heart of Rome. All the famous sites are within walking distance. I would also extend my personal thanks to the incredibly caring, friendly and efficient staff who delivered such great service. I would single out Silvia, who was particularly helpful to us when my suitcase was lost by the airline. However, I have to say that ALL the staff were fantastic. The only criticism I could make is that there are no English speaking TV channels. Maybe this will change in the future. This didn't matter to us as we were too busy enjoying Rome. This is a hotel that we would highly recommend and we will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was searching for a nice hotel in the centre of Rome and luckily i found hotel Caravita! All the reviews you read about this hotel are absolutely true. We loved this place as it offers all you need while you are on vacation in Rome. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. I recommend this hotel and we'll definitely stay at Hotel Caravita the next time we'll be in Rome.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stella K
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

After looking at hotels all over Rome to accommodate a party of friends for my wife's birthday, we decided on the hotel Caravita and we weren't disappointed.
The service in booking both the hotel and arranging recommened restaurants was nothing short of superb.
The rooms, service and location were excellent. An amazing long weekend, enjoyed by all.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends