“Outstanding, Veramente Fantastico!”

Ranked #74 of 3,645 Rome B&B and Inns
Palm Springs, CA
“Outstanding, Veramente Fantastico!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent a month in Puglia and wanted to spend some time in Rome before returning home. Picking a Roman hotel is always tough because there are more than a thousand from which to choose. Reading several of the reviews, we decided to book four nights here, and we are so glad we did. We stayed in one of their rooms with the huge jacuzzi tub with a view of Via Corso and felt right at home. The room was spotless, the decor modern and well designed, the bed comfortable, we were not disturbed at all by street noise. The A/C and Wi-Fi worked great. They refilled our water in the fridge for free. The location is fantastic. Really central to so much including throwing that coin into the Trevi (even though it is under renovation), and a safe walking area, perfect if you like to shop. They've only been open for a year, and I'd say they have done a marvelous job! So good in fact that as word gets around, I doubt I will be able to book it again since it will probably get booked far in advance.

Silvia and Valeria were the best! They know their city well. They couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. For example if I wanted to try a pizzeria or a restaurant, they would call and make sure they were open, happily giving us walking instructions to wherever we wanted to go...things like that. I had an issue with someone in a different town who spoke Italian too fast for me so they translated for me, but would indulge me while I spoke to them in Italian. Their kindness really helped to make our stay even more enjoyable.

Breakfast was great. The women who set up the breakfast were very sweet. Coffee was delicious and plentiful. The usual pastry options were available but also cheeses and plenty of fresh fruit both whole and chopped up. As a vegetarian I really appreciated having some cooked veggies every morning too, whether I combined them with eggs or not. They offered scrambled and hard boiled eggs, plus more, like cereal and probably some breakfast meats too-but I didn't pay attention. In the afternoon they put out snacks like pizza or home made cakes and Bacci chocolates. After breakfast was over, you can help yourself with their coffee machine.

I have stayed in Rome numerous times. Most of them were not memorable-including a couple I'd like to forget, a few of them were too expensive for what you got, and I wouldn't stay in any of them again (unless I got a great Priceline deal on one of them) but in any case, the next time we go to Rome I will definitely be checking with Hotel Caravita FIRST to see if there is a room available for us.

Ciao Silvia e Valeria! Auguri!!!

1 Thank Pilates_Gal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I suprised my fiancé with a weekend in Rome for his birthday. I'm so pleased that I chose this hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of all the main sights and is clean and tastefully decorated. The staff are all really lovely and helpful & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

luvPR
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is on the second floor of a building very close to the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. It's just steps from Via del Corso and close enough to everything that taxis aren't always necessary. We had a nice room with a comfy bed and a bath that had a huge Jacuzzi tub. The staff is very helpful and friendly, all spoke English very well. I would recommend this place as long as you don't have mobility issues. There are steps to navigate throughout the space, and the floors are kind of glassy, making the bathroom a little scary when the floor is wet. Aside from this, I would still recommend the Caravita. It's comfortable and in a great location.

Room Tip: Our window opened on the smoking area, which wasn't really a problem. I never smelled anything...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in June. The staff were so hospitable, and no request was too great. We loved our stay here, and would not hesitate to stay here again. The bathrooms with their quirky light shows were amazing. We spent 2 nights in the a juniour suite, and 2 nights in a standard room.
The location is wonderful as well, an easy walk to the Spanish Steps, Piazza Novono, Trevi Fountain, Pathenon etc and close enough to walk to the Colussieum too!

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Cannot praise this hotel more . Fantastic location right in the heart of a Rome .staff brilliant . Breakfasts could not fault . Bedrooms spotless with extremely good fit out . Only complaint , the room was a bit noisy due to outside traffic , but overall brilliant hotel .

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights a week ago. I have booked this hotel based on the reviews by the fellow reviewers and I have to say..The reviews are spot on. The room is clean.. The hotel is beautiful.. and what's more important. . The staff are great! Especially Pamela who never seems to say no to any questions or requests. The location is good.. and can I say that I am very fascinated by the small elevator! The breakfast set is probably of one of the better ones I had so far in italy. Maybe... If they can.. pls include more English channels on the TV. While they have the smart TV... The Internet channels require additional payment.

Other than that...everything else is great. Will definitely come back again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelAroundBug
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far one of the most excellent hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff were incredibly helpful,our room was gorgeous, the waterfall, colour changing shower was a true highlight. Breakfast was lovely, the hot chocolate was amazing and the fact the hotel have snacks all day for guests to help themselves to is a lovely touch, especially the homemade cakes. Been to Rome 3 times now and if we returned would chose to stay at the Caravita. Location was also excellent.

• Stayed June 2014