“Small Rooms but everything else was Great!”

Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome
Ranked #32 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Small Rooms but everything else was Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

After arriving at Ciampino airport we were taken by arranged car (not with the hotel) to the Hotel Manfredi. It wasn't very clear where the hotel was but we found it with little trouble. After walking up the stairs due too the elevator only taking one person with bags, we arrived at the reception desk and the staff there were very helpful and we were immediately shown to our rooms. The rooms, while extremely small were very nicely appointed with nice bathrooms and enough space to leave your bags and unpack. While you could only have breakfast at the hotel, because of the very convenient location, right by piazza d'espagna and all the upmarket shops, we were able to find many nice restaurants in the surrounding area.
At night, it was quite noisy and you were forced to end up waking up early due to the scooters buzzing by. However breakfast was very nice with any type of thing you could want.
Due to the very near transport links and upmarket shops you could do anything from your hotel. A taxi rank and a metro stop were 5 minutes away from the hotel. This hotel was much better than expected and we could definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest
Our building is around of 1700. The rooms have recently been refurbished. Via margutta is the center of area full of prestigious shops, restaurants and tourist attractions, but it is a pedestrian zone. I'm sorry if this has heard noise. I invite you to come back.
Giovanni Argetina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Hotel Manfredi changed my thinking about Rome. The hotel was beautiful, immaculate, and very well run. The room was quiet and comfortable. The location is fantastic. The breakfast was excellent. And the staff could not be more helpful. We especially appreciated the restaurant suggestions from Roberto, as well as the private tour he arranged for us of the Forum and Coliseum - absolutely worth the cost!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear guest
first of all I'm sorry for the delay about the answer, but we have got some problem with the main server.
I'm really glad to know that you felt good at Hotel Manfredi. Our staff is highly qualified and the breakfasts are all made in house. We would like very much to make the customer feel as if he were at home.I hope to see you again here with us.
Argentina Giovanni
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had the good fortune to stay at Hotel Manfredi for my first trip to Rome. We stayed for 3 days and couldn't have been happier with the accomodations, location and the excellent service that we received. The staff was wonderful. And don't even get me started on the free breakfast... fantastic! I know that when I go back to Rome, I'll be staying here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest
first of all I apologize for the delay in answer you but we had problems with the server. Everything in the room is finished and fine Italian craftsmanship. Breakfast is homemade and the advantage of being the center of Rome means to be near to cultural attraction, tourist and entertainment.
Hillsborough, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I had a little issue with Hotel Manfredi last year in 2010. I had booked a room for my daughter and I to stay at the hotel for 3 nights in October. Rome was our first stop in Italy directly from the US. Three days prior to our departure to Italy , my father-in-law passed away. I had to cancel 4 hotels of the trip. Every hotel graciously gave us full refund although we violated the cancellation rule. Hotel Manfredi was the only hotel which did not respond ! I wrote many emails to both Hotel Manfredi and the agency which I made the reservation through. There was absolutely no response! Finally I had to call Italy from California (at 5:00am California time). After several calls over a period of a month, I finally had the word from the owner and the owner's son (Mr Francesco) to keep my reservation open for future stay. But no refund could be made ! I was very disappointed of the poor service and the lack of response.

We returned to Italy in June 2011, stayed at Hotel Manfredi but had to pay extra due to higher rate in June.

Hotel Manfred is very nice on the 3rd floor of a building. To go up to the 3rd floor, we could take the elevator or walk the stairs. The room is small but very comfortable, The bathroom is tiny but ultra modern and sparkling clean. The shower is extravagently nice with ligths that turn colors like in a disco. Breakfast was very good and the service is extremely outstanding.

The best thing is the location. Hotel Manfredi is on Margutta street which is a cobblestoned and most charming street with houses' facade covered with ivy . Margutta is parallel to a main street and yet it is very quiet. Hotel Manfredi is just a couple short blocks away from the Spanish Steps.
There are a lot of small cute shops in the area and many nice little restaurants just a block away, also in cute cobblestoned streets.

Comparing to more popular tourist areas like Fiore de Campi or Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps area is so much better as it is more quiet and yet very close to everywhere else, even by foot.

Hotel Manfredi is a very nice place to stay. I highly recommend it ..... if you do not get into a cancellation situation !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank trang2010
Giovanni A, Direttore generale at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Guest,
first of all I apologize for the delay whom I'm answering, but we had some problems with the server.
Thank you very much for the compliments that made the structure even after the misunderstanding that has been there. Unfortunately the cancellation policy did not allow us to do more and the period when he returned was the big season. I hope you felf well and that you will return to visit us.
We would know how to make us forgive
Francesco Argentina
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel is above the first floor in a very old building. The location near the Spanish steps and near some excellent restaurants and shopping is great. The elevator works, albeit slowly. The rooms are lovely although the lighting is slightly dim. The bed was great with a very firm mattress. Bathrooms are redone with Jacuzzi and shower and modern fixtures. Air conditioning is excellent. No real views out the window but who cares. The staff is superb. They are considerate. They speak English well. They arranged our transfers and stopped everything to help us with our luggage on arrival and departure. They were happy to advise us or just speak with us. We were totally comfortable and happy. The breakfasts are unbelievably good and served buffet so you can help yourself. A full breakfast is provided. A bar is available near the registration desk which is on the third floor. Prices were moderately high but so was all of Rome. We would certainly stay here again if we revisited Rome.

Room Tip: We took an upgraded double room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveldoc2011
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Rooms are not big, the ventilation is poor, the AC is noicy, there is no curtain in the tub, the rooms are quiet, unless the reception is speaking on the phone but...

Considering the location, the nice interior and breakfast, we were glad to make this choice. The problems I listed are hard to avoid in big cities. It's not a brethtaking experience, but it works if your main agenda is to see the city, not the hotel. 662 EUR/ 2 people in std.superior room for four nights in February is okay price for the quality.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear Guest,
thanks for choosing us.
the showers have no curtains because they are all with bath.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

This was our second visit to the Hotel Manfredi, and we stayed 7 nights this time. The service was absolutely superb---the staff is very friendly, helpful, and seem to enjoy when you practice your Italian on them. They'll also give you directions, get you a car to the airport (use their private car instead of a taxi---it's only Euro 5 more, and a more pleasant ride in a nicer car!) Room was spotlessly clean and fully serviced every day. Breakfast was even better than our last visit---in addition to the large breakfast buffet, they've added wonderful homemade yoghurt as well as homemade little cakes! Location is great too--on the famous Via Margutta, and close to everything. There was nothing else we could have needed--if there was, the Manfredi staff would have sorted it out for us! You couldn't pick a better place to stay when exploring Rome..

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
first of all I apologize for the delay in answer you but we had problems with the server. I bring your regards to the staff, which of course is well prepared and is multilingual. Everything in the room is finished and fine Italian craftsmanship. Breakfast is homemade and the advantage of being the center of Rome means to be near to cultural attraction, tourist and entertainment. You did very well to take our private car.