“Great choice near the Spanish Steps!”

Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome
Ranked #31 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Ottawa, Canada
“Great choice near the Spanish Steps!”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Hotel Manfredi is a boutique hotel, very close to the Spanish Steps, yet nestled away from the busyness! We stayed 3 nights and were very happy that we chose this hotel. Manfredi has excellent breakfasts, with freshly baked cakes & pastries daily and an amazing fruit salad! The staff were friendly, helpful and full of great suggestions. the rooms are very small (we chose the middle size) however they are well appointed and modern. We did have internet difficulties but the staff arranged for us to use their computer once per day.

If you are energetic and active, you can use this hotel as a base and walk to all of the tourist areas.... Colisseum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain, etc. Be sure to plan ahead, most of these areas are best to go to first thing in the morning to avoid long line-ups. There are 3 or 4 different "Hop on-Hop off" bus companies - and we highly recommend doing that for a good tour of the areas, with information provided in your native language.

Room Tip: We chose "Double Superior" which was slightly larger than their smallest room - it was sti...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Giovanni A, Proprietario at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thanks a lot for your time and for your consideration.
It's great for us to read your satisfaction.

We're waiting for having you again here with us.

Giovanni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denmark
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We truly enjoyed our 5 nights stay at Manfredi's. Reservation was made directly and last-minute, and everything including a swift airport pick-up was exactly as promised.
After a quiet nights sleep in a luxurious bed (real king-size mattress, not two twins pushed together) we enjoyed the best breakfast to be had anywhere from freshly prepared ingredients.
The staff was truly pleasant and helpful, and obviously enjoying having visitors.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your time and for your consideration .we're very glad to receive your review.
we're waiting for having you again here.

Sincerely
Giovanni
Senior_Girl
Reviewed 31 October 2011

After taking an early morning train from Venice to Rome, we proceeded directly to the Hotel Manifredi. Even though we arrived at the hotel ~2 hours before check-in time, the front staff welcomed us warmly, provided us a complimentary cold glass of white wine, and got our room readied for us.

The room was well furnished, clean, and decorated very nice. I need a good, comfortable bed to sleep, and was not disappointed. Although the bathroom is on the small size, it was still very nicely appointed. The breakfast at the Hotel Manfredi was superb. Lots of hot and cold food, including eggs/bacon with an absolutely wonderful large selection of pastry.

Hotel Manfredi is close to, but below, the Spanish Steps and only a few short blocks to the Metro train. Nice area, nice street, and very convenient.

Our 2011 European vacation was 17 nights and 7 hotels. The Hotel Manfredi exceeded our expectations, and was the best hotel we stayed in during the 17 nights in Europe. No complaints, only compliments to the Hotel Manfredi, and it's staff. Thank you for making our Rome vacation a memorable one. Hope to see you again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for being with us and I apologize for the late reply, we had some problems with the server. I'm really glad that you have been well. The breakfast is all homemade
I hope to host you again
Best Regars
Argentina Giovanni
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Excellent hotel in a brilliant location for exploring Rome. Smallish rooms but very nicely decorated - Via Margutta where the hotel is located is beautiful and amazingly quite being so close to the action. We stayed for 5 days and found the front desk ever helpful and the breakfasts excellent. I would gladly recommend and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Giovanni A, Direttore at Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest
first of all I apologize for the delay in answer you but we had problems with the server. Everything in the room is finished and fine Italian craftsmanship. Breakfast is homemade and the advantage of being the center of Rome means to be near to cultural attraction, tourist and entertainment.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We had two interconnecting rooms at this hotel - both were beautifully decorated (one with a four poster bed) with an elegance and character which more than made up for the small size of the rooms. Lovely, polite and helpful staff. It is in a great location for walking through historic Rome, close to the Spanish steps. Rather pricey, but not bad value given general costs in Rome. Also provided a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Argentina Giovanni
Alberta
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here last week for five days. Perfect location - we walked everywhere!
Front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was small but we were out all day. Nice touch is the small pocket size guide to Rome the hotel gives to guests. We used it every day for our outings. Only thing I missed was tea-making facilities!

Dear Alberta
London
Reviewed 22 August 2011

It was my first time in Rome, and I was in charge of arranging my family's holiday there. I was quite nervous as to which hotel I would choose, as I had no expreience with any, nor did I know any locals. So, quite randomly I had decided on Hotel Manfredi.
Firstly, don't let the hotel front put you off. The taxi had dropped us off in a tiny street, to what had appeared to be 'Hotel Forte.' After a minute's lookaround, I had realised that Hotel Manfredi was located in the same building, but on the 3rd floor (Hotel Forter, with the bigger sign, was on the 1st Floor). The entrance you probably see in photos is the hotel front, but on the 3rd floor. After such a surprise, I was quite nervous with what I had gotten myself into.
So, into the charming European lift towards the 3rd floor, and now Hotel Manfredi is clearly marked. Immediately, the worker there was welcoming, and did not hesitate to try his English (by the way, it was perfectly good!).
After check in, we were introduced into our various rooms. The rooms were small'ish, with minimal light, but to very good spec, particularly the clean albeit tight washrooms. Mind you, this is a very old city, and at a hotel that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. The room was charming (not a euphemism), the Wifi was consistent, and the hotel as a whole was very quite. I couldn't have been more pleased.
Given that Italians don't really do breakfast (a la English/American 'meals'), it was great that the hotel offered such food. Though I was more than willing to adapt to the continental lifestyle, my elderly parents couldn't be blamed for wanting the breakfasts they're used to.
In terms of the location, it was fantastic. Literally a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps, and a handful of high-label design shops (Gucci, Prada, Bulgari, etc), with about a 5 minute walk to more casual shopping. Rome itself isn't all too big, and this hotel is situated at about the top-middle of the touristic activity. For our longer outings, a taxi queue was literally 3 minutes away (facing the Spanish Steps).
I'd have zero hesitation in returning to this hotel should I find myself in Rome again. I'd say for business, perhaps not the most suitable, but for personal holiday and romantic getaways, this is a deal to be had!

Room Tip: Excellent price point when I booked in conjunction with flight from a travel search engine
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest
thank you for being with us and I apologize for the late reply, we had some problems with the server. I'm really glad that you have been well and that you enjoyed the breakfast which is all homemade. Our staff is highly qualified and why fluent languages. we are located right in the center of Rome and all the shopping here. if you come to find it again you will see the big news