“Choose another - any other!”

Trambus Open - 110 Open
Ranked #760 of 852 Tours in Rome
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The buses are in rough shape and the audio commentary is really poor. Major sites were skipped over (we went past Vittorio Emmanuelle TWICE without any mention) and the audio also would cut out at times. The routes was fine, but really for a savings of about 7 Euro per ticket you'd be so much better off with one of the other hop on buses.

3  Thank geewhiz3

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This got us where we needed to go in the old part of the city, but as other reviewers have noted the audio is absolutely broken. The train station stop is like the land of broken dreams - my daughter and i were on the bus at the end of a long day and sat at that stop for 45 minutes - I counted - apparently waiting for the next bus to catch up. Hardly hop on. Or off. Check the reviews on other lines to do better.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I regret buying a 48 hour ticket for this open topped tour bus in Rome. The busses are clapped out vehicles, had to change busses frequently to get any sound and commentary at all. When complaining to the tour guide they did not care. When I did get some sound through the earphones, the commentary was sparse to say the least. I have been on many such red tour busses all over the world, for this one I would have liked my full refund. Why the 2013 Rough Guide mentions this particular tour bus at all, I don't know. There are other companies which can only be better.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This bus company is a joke. They always have buses only minutes apart coming into the station to pick up customers but they will make you wait for over an hour for the next bus at stops around the city. They don't maintain their buses properly. They tend to go off the mapped routes to wherever they feel like. I had my bus break down on some back street off the planned course. They kicked us off without letting us know where we were or how to find another bus. The audio tour is out of sync with where you are driving quite often. They are cheaper than the other bus company's because they don't deliver what they claim to.

1  Thank A-Eland
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have travelled a lot and this is by far the worst hop on hop off bus we have taken. I so regretted buying those tickets! There are other busses which are probably better if you really want hop on hop off. Rome is a big city with lots of sights- I wish I had read these other reviews. I saw it listed in Rick Steves and he said it was good but none of the audios worked for most of the time, the busses were crowded and the staff were rude. It was a huge disappointment because we only had 1 real day in Rome to see the sights and this was really our best option. This bus started 15 minutes earlier than the other busses from Termini so we thought we wanted to get going quickly but what a mistake. I think the other busses like City Sightseeing which we have taken in so many other citys would have been better. It was a waste of money and time!!!! There were also times when not everyone could get on the bus and had to wait for another bus to come around- too many tickets sold and not enough busses. Don't do it!!!!!