“Nice hotel in a good area”
Review of Hotel dei Borgia

Hotel dei Borgia
Ranked #156 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Calgary
“Nice hotel in a good area”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Comfortable, well located hotel - close to shopping, restaurants and really very walkable to most of the key sites in Rome (we don't mind a good walk). Breakfast was decent, with good selection and long hours to suit everyone. Single beds were comfortable, shower good - safe and mini- fridge in room, what more do you need? Great restaurant recommendation from front desk - they didn't hesitate to help with reservations. Love the elevator chime - had us singing a tune!! :)

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank laracee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Casino, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with an Insight tour, the rooms were very modern and clean and the biggest I had stayed in on my tour, the breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and the staff were very friendly and courteous. The location was very good for sightseeing if you wanted to head off on foot, much to my dismay I only noticed how close it was to shopping as I was leaving.
If I was to go to Rome again and I hope I do I would stay here for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank haveaplan
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff was great. Courtesy at evedy turn. They went beyond what we expected. There breakfast should not be missed. It was a treat to taste items that we won't find in this country. We paid a premium to stay here but it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank yvonneremington
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I could've lived with the small room with a twin bed. No problem. The mysterious door at the base of the bed didn't open, and I wrote it off. Bad idea. When I first heard voices that sounded like they were IN MY ROOM, I woke up. It stopped. It started again. I called '0" as there was no sign on the phone about how to reach the front desk. No answer (turned out you have to dial 9, but there were no instructions on phone). Then it started again. I banged on the wall. They were only talking and it sounded like it was a conversation on my bed. I banged again and asked if they could quiet down. A phone call was made - from the next room - he was attempting to speak quietly, and I still heard every word. The premises were clean and fine, and they would've gotten a better review were it not for the paper-thin walls and absence of proper phone instructions. Who knows if they would've corrected the issue, though I don't know how as it would've involved moving me to a different room..which would've been an added inconvenience. I can't imagine the walls are thicker in some places than others, but I had a horrible night of sleep with a very early flight. When I complained to the person at the front desk as i checked out, he said there was nothing he could do to adjust my bill. It was a poorly timed and over-priced inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with real walls that don't leak sound from neighboring rooms or the hallway...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank zeppo33
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at Hotel Dei Borgia for 2 nights.It is beautifully decorated and quiet but in an ideal location to walk to a lot of the numerous tourist stops.The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful but there was no hotel or city information whatsoever in the room.My request for room service seemed to cause problems which I didn't expect from a 4 star hotel.Breakfast service and buffet were excellent.The general feeling I got was that this is quite a new hotel and maybe lacking some experienced staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim C
Worcester
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was whisked away for a long weekend to Rome for my birthday. Had a wonderful stay at Hotel Dei Borgia.
We arrived at 11 am our room wasn't ready but they were happy to store bags & put into our room when it was available while we went to a walk about - 5 hours later we arrived to our bags in our beautiful room.
We had a inner facing spacious room to the court yard which was perfect as there was no outside noise. Bathroom was a shower only but again large.
Wifi worked well & free!
Breakfast was great - plenty of it & variety for all tastes.
Reception were friendly & helpful.
Would recommend, arrived from the airport by train - a direct fast link to the centre & only a 10 min walk to the hotel.
Close to the main attractions all walkable - the map makes it look larger that it actually is, although our feet & legs were soo tired but well worth it - and a amazing City, and cant wait to come back.
Would recommend this hotel as it was fresh, clean, lovely service.
Advise to bring the most comfortable shoes you own - you will need them!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Snoopy1974
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights here May 9 and 10, 2014. Hotel was stunning. The rooms were spacious, huge bathroom, large armoire. This was our favorite hotel while we were in Italy! The marble floors were so beautiful. We didn't have any issues. No charge for wifi. Worked the best out of our other 3 hotels.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family