“NEVER EVER BOOK a ROOM in this DUMP!”

Hotel Soggiorno Blu
Ranked #1,055 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Cincinnati, Ohio
“NEVER EVER BOOK a ROOM in this DUMP!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

The Worst Hotel I have stayed at in my whole life! All of the things that happened in all the other Negative reviews also happened to us! Made us move to Rubinos Hotel which is also a DUMP! Dirty with mold all over the bathroom and I am talking about both Hotels. I wish I had of read all of these other reviews here before booking! They made us move the first night to Rubinos after we took all our bags up the tiny elevator in 3 trips then back down in the rain to walk a block to Rubinos and another 3 trips up that elevator. I complained all the way to no avail. The next day I went and told them to put us in Blu because that was what we booked and they said the manager would be at Planet so had to go there. Was told that they would try to fix it by the maid as manager was not around. Come back in 30 minutes went back and said ok you can move back but then the manager wanted to be apologetic but I said that was bait and switch and I had not even seen the inside of the Blu rooms which I thought would be better---oops I was wrong. He was very rude and did not want to listen to my complaints instead got in a huff and walked away! I did not even get to the part about the MOLD on the bathroom walls which affected my daughters breathing in the night. She slept with the bathroom door shut and no one took a shower because Rubinos was terrible! The Blu rooms were a little better but still NO 2 star maybe 0 star and that is a stretch. Well I could keep complaining but I feel I have said enough so you know to NEVER EVER STAY in this DUMP or you will be SORRY and Unhappy with your trip to Rome. The only reason we disliked Rome was all because of this Hotel. The trip to Florence then Venice and back was fantastic but Rome Sucked all because I book rooms at the S. Blu. Also do not stay in Planet or Rubinos because they are owned by the same people!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
barcelona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

This hotel was great compared to average italian hotels. Breakfast was included which let us start the day with a good breakfast without having to pay a lot in any of the city center cafes.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

Without doubt, this is the worst hotel I have stayed in.

The Hotel is very dirty. From the moment we walked in, we could see the dirt on the walls. The lift was filty.

They tried to move us to a different hotel - down the street. That hotel was even worse.

We had to pay in advance, and were told to collect the tickets for the breakfast in the morning which started at 7. When we went to the desk - no one was there.

We went down to the coffee shop where we were told to go the previous evening. Did not open on time. This was also filty. They would not entertain us without our tickets.

Do not go to this hotel. Although the location is great for the termini, nothing is worth staying here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

liverpool, england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

Stayed at Hotel Soggiorno Blu after a little corespondence with this and another hotel; Was looking for a budget hotel just to sleep and shower/bathe in before starting another long day sightseeing, so not looking to spend too long in the hotel, so comfortable or plush facilities were not top on my agenda on this visit.
Firstly, value and cleandliness were very good, the cost was 80 euros for a double room per night with breakfast included, and we could check in from 10am - ideal when arriving off early morning ryan air flights!

On arrival at the hotel I was surprised to find it was in a building which housed several other hotels - each occupying a seperate floor.

I had checked with the hotel if it was accessable (I am a wheelchair user but dont need an adapted room as I can stand and manage a few steps with a walking stick) and was assured that there was a room that would accomodate my needs, and as rooms were small, I could leave my wheelchair at reception so as not to clutter room with it, which I thought was kind and helpful, I was also reassured there was a lift - which there was, however it was accessed after first climbing up 3 steep steps.

On arrival at the hotel, we buzzed the doorbell and the maid let us in after only a minute, after another minute we were checked in and given our room. The room was right next to the reception and was small with an extremely small bathroom - the whole thing toilet and shower as sink unit was 1 yard square, however I could sit on loo and shower at same time!

The bed linen was clean an crisp and the room was clean, with tv which had an english speaking, american news channel - cnn I think, but not sure.

The room being next to reception was very noisy, and after 10pm we needed to use our keys to enter as reception does not work, so after this time it was noiser still, as people arrived with no concern for sleeping guests, so if you do consider going to this hotel, ask for another room if given the one next to reception.

Breakfast was taken at a little bar on the corner of the street, however on first morning we slept in till 10am so missed breakfast, and on next morning we could not actually access the bar with the wheelchair and were asked to leave me outside, while my husband went in an ate breakfast stood at bar then brough some out for me, needless to say this option was not taken up and we had a lovely roll and coffee at the station, just round corner and accross road. On the third day we left before breakfast bar opened, so I cannot make any comments on food or breakfast except to say they were not accomodating, wether that was because they had already seen the vouchers the hotel issue to exchange for breakfast, so knew we were not paying customers I do not know but suspect they may have helped more if they thought there was cash at stake.

The hotel arranged our transfere back to the airport for us, and helped us down with bags at 7am.

All in all it is a good location, clean and basic hotel (more of an old B&B than a hotel) but good value, I would recommend it if you were not a wheelchair user and looking for a bargain place to crash near the transport network. If you are looking for a nice place to have a break, look somewhere else or you may be a tad disappointed.

US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

#1 Do not confuse Hotel Soggiorno Blu on Via Magenta with Hotel Blu Roma.
#2 The hotel is located in a 'scary' part of Rome, but is very close to the train station, it's only good quality. A maid checked us in to Hotel Blu by taking our passports, which were returned. We were then notified that we were being moved to Hotel Planet.
#3 Hotel Blu is affiliated with 5 other 2 star or lower hotels and will move you wherever they choose after you check in!
#4 Hotel Planet was dirty, and by dirty, I mean other people's hair in the shower and their leftover soap. I actually had to ask for soap and towels.
#5 The view from the room was of an alleyway. There is a no smoking policy because if the hotel were to ever catch on fire, you would never get out!
#6 The staff was hard to find, once found extremely rude and unhelpful. We lasted all of TWO HOURS and checked-out, that's how bad it was.
You can check in but you can't check out - meaning this nightmare will stay with you whenever you make another reservation........

This review is the subjective opinion

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ineedtotravelmore
Edinburgh, Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

Cheap hotel next to Termini Station, ideal location for travelling around the city. You get a token for a local cafe to get your breakfast which consists of a cup of coffee or orange juice and a pastry. This hotel is very basic and I had read a couple of reviews
on it before I went. Being asked for payment on arrival before seeing the room, being asked to move to another hotel, not the Soggiorno Blu, obviously the other hotel(s) Hotel Planet being one of the hotels run by the same receptionist! So a delay in service at the desk. Internet is not free, you have to go to Hotel Planet to get access to the internet and it costs 5 Euros. The area is noisy and dirty and the rooms facing onto the "courtyard" are quieter but you have the bottles being emptied early in the morning and the waiters from nearby restaurants shouting at night! Your view consists of various makes of air conditioning fans!

My experience was as I expected however on my return home the treatment I received from the manager is explained below.

Economic should not reflect poor service and being asked to pay cash on arrival abruptly was off putting to start with but I had read on Trip Advisor this would happen, despite the hotel advertising they take cards. When the receptionist put my card through, I later found out since arriving home that it was to test the card and they deducted the price of the room and then added it back on however with the difference in exchange rates I am now £22 down. I have been assured by the hotel manager this will be put back onto my account within the next 15 days but the correspondence I have had from him, Fabio Alvisini, is the most arrogant, rude and abrasive I have ever come across. To treat your customers in the manner he has is quite unbelievable, I am flabbergasted! I would not recommend this hotel to anybody as the treatment of their customers is absolutely despicable. The hotel was clean enough but being on my honeymoon I wanted a double bed and got two single beds pushed together! We had to ask for clean towels after two days use also

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. There are other cheap hotels in Rome which will give you far better service. Do not stay in SOGGIORNO BLU

1 Thank GInny_9
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

Hotel is OK. Not a 4 star hotels as it claims more like a 3 stars. Make sur to ask for a room giving to the patio. Very noisy aera with heavy traffic. Closest metro is 12 mns away. Breakfast is good and staff both at desk and breakfast room is polite and efficient.
Internet is NOT free and the network is "protected" which means your laptop wont locate the router by itself. Still womdering when Italy will be up to date with other european countries when it comes to hotel offer and comfort....

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business