“So worth it, we loved it & hope to go back again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smooth Hotel Rome West

Smooth Hotel Rome West
Ranked #860 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Baumholder, Germany
“So worth it, we loved it & hope to go back again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have worked in hotels for 16 years, started out housekeepering in a Comfort Inn & worked up to management in a Four Diamond, JD Powers awarded hotel, so I can say I have seen it all & heard every hotel complaint in the boom! I always go in with the worst expectations. You know prepare myself for the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised! Staff was cordial, not over polite. They were efficient. Only ONE problem entire three nights, when we asked for the directions to the closest Metro. We were told go right about ten minutes, you can't miss it! Wrong! Go right from hotel cross street walk about ten minutes & turn left @ the McDonals, Metro is two blocks up! Thats it my only issue & I am a super picky person. If you are not prepared to use public transportation, pick another hotel closer to town.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Gaither2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Zlin, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, because of the big world-conference, which was organized in the nearby Ergife Palace Hotel. This hotel is located near a busy street Via Aureliano, but I did not hear any bigger noise during the night. Rooms are very modern, clean, well equipped. I had a room at the highest floor (I guess) with lovely terrace and with garden table and swing, and of course with the great view. (see photos) Breakfast is rich and tasty (for Italy), staff was friendly and helpful, they always helped me with the busses, metro, sightseeing plans etc. Teh location of this hotel is more suitable for business purposes, so you simply do not care, that you stay 20 minutes of walk or short journey of bus No. 246 or 247 (stop 50m from hotel) to Cornelia metro station (Linea A) or Bus 916 to Pza. Venezia. Or if you looking for a safe location out of busy city centre or Termini area, it is a good choice. This hotel is also a good choice for those who travels by car, because Via Aurelia is easy accessible by car, and you do not have to be worry, you lose nerves in traffic jams in central Rome. There is a great traditional restaurant just across the street, or Pizzeria (Pizza Bar) 100m from the hotel. The big supermarket (In Grande) is located near Cornelia metro station. The hotel offers a free Wi-Fi service. In conclusion, it was a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Roman813
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed there for just a couple of days but I enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was really nice.
What I really enjoyed was the restaurant on the other side side of the street, it was cheap and very traditional!
I don't have much to say about the location because I was with an excursion, so we had a bus to take us around.
I was there in November 2009, but the system didn't have this date available, so I selected November 2010.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CrisDanna
Salvador, BA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We've stayed at Hotel Aureliano only for 3 days but it was enough. Despite the room was clean and new, it was cramped and, the worst thing, outside the main building and the wi fi and phone wasn't working. One of the days, it was raining and we couldn't leave the room because of the water volume in front of our door. Besides, we cant say the staff were friendly, actually, sometimes they seemed to be very rude. The hotel is far from the metro station and there were few buses available and they were always crowded. It was not a good place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzanaMD

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here in May 2010 mostly because it was very close to another hotel where we were starting a tour and this was definitely the better of the two. We actually loved it. If you don't mind a 30-odd minute walk into central Rome then it's a great spot. We enjoyed being able to see a bit of suburban Rome before we stumbled across the Vatican and city central by foot. It's a well maintained building with a lot of character and the price was very reasonable. We found the staff very warm and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gotthetravelbug123
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Hotel Aureliano was clean, pleasant and convenient, although not a really 4 star hotel.
The staff was helpful, but they could be more friendly (smile, say good morning).

Cornelia metro station is 15 minutes away, but there is a bus station near the hotel (only 2 minutes away). Bus No 246 takes you to the metro and vice versa. We sent an email to the hotel to tell us ways to reach the hotel but no one told us about the bus. Also metro line A (the one that is for cornelia station) stops at 21:00 (except Saturdays) due to the construction of metro line c.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DespoinaThessaloniki
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Firstly, the young guy at reception was very nice and helpful throughout our 5 day stay. I arrived in the middle of august with my parents an teenage daughter.

The rooms were very nice with clean and had a bright clean bathroom. (Bit stingy on the toilet tissue though) We were very comfortable there. However i now realise the importance of having a swimming pool and restaurant facitilies in your hotel grounds.
As we were there in the middle of august, its blazing hot and would of been nice to have the swimming pool to relax in in the evening. Not having a restuarant did cause us problems as we didnt particularly want to east pizza and pasta everyday of our stay. I am aware that that is an italian stable food, but being from London i am very use to multiculturalism and having a variety of foods and supermarkets to hand. The location of Hotel Aureliano is not the best as there wasnt much around apart from a mc d's near the metro station and a kebab shop also near the metro station which is roughly a 15 min walk. And in the sun with temps of 30c+ in the shade, it wasnt the easiest of things to do.

Once you make it to the metro station (Cornelia) traveling to the centre of rome is quite easy. Buses are more tricker and we stuck to metroing it around

For ease and convenience with parents who are getting on a bit i would not really recomment Hotel Aureliano as an ideal located hotel.

If you dont mind staying out of the hussle and bussle then maybe this is for you. But if you want to be near to attractions and want to enjoy a night life nearer to the centre of Rome, then unfortunatley i can not recomend this hotel as nice as it is. Thats just my honest opinion

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family