“Perfect for our 1st holiday together!!”
Review of Raganelli Hotel

Raganelli Hotel
Ranked #414 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Durham, United Kingdom
“Perfect for our 1st holiday together!!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Everything about the hotel was fab! Don't take any notice of the pictures on here that look awful as it has been fully refurbished and the rooms are lovely! Very modern and always clean!! The bed was comfy and plenty of extra blankets etc! The bath plug wouldn't come out which was annoying but they sent someone to fix it when we asked! The staff are amazing! First thing they did was give us a map and tell us the best bus and metro stops to use!! That map was a lifesaver for out whole holiday! The staff helped with everything we asked! All very polite & helpful! The bars lovely too and nice for a night cap before bed!! I ordered prosecco to be in our room when we arrived and it was there chilled!! Lovely surprise for my partner!! The metro is about a 10 min walk from the hotel, however there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel which takes you to the metro. Overall experience excellent, for the price we paid off a wowcher deal. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Dottie644

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I initially booked this hotel via Wowcher, which was straight forward but after looking at the photos of the bedrooms I decided to contact the hotel to upgrade to a junior suite (explaining that it was my 1st wedding anniversary and my husbands birthday). When we arrived we were given a junior suite alright.. one double bed up a flight of stairs and two singles downstairs, which tbh wasn't my idea of a suite !!( and extra 30 euro per night, we stayed for three nights) However our bed was extremely comfy, plenty of pillows and blankets and the room very clean. The tv in the room was large with over 700 channels but nothing that we could understand! The bathroom was ok, a power shower which was lovely but too powerful for the shower door as the water leaked over the floor. Jacuzzi bath mediocre. Could not open the window in the room, but did have very modern electronic blinds. We were also looking forward to using the advertised fitness suite and sauna which was no longer there! why they have not updated the website is beyond me. The staff were lovely and very helpful which cannot be faulted. The buffet breakfast was shall I say plentiful if you love hi carb food and cakes and doughnuts . The journey to the tourist spots did take an age, by the time we clocked we needed to get metro./bus tickets from a local tabbachi , got the bus, then the metro most of the time was spent travelling. On the plus side we were given the password for the wifi without an extra charge. All in all it was not the romantic break that I had first thought and this hotel is definitely not a 4 star.. sorry raganelli but I will not be recommending it and we will not be using you again.

2 Thank H00dy14
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend. There are some bad photos on here which admittedly put me off b4 going...but. it has all been refurbished and is in wonderful condition. The staff are all really nice and helpful. Excellent value for money as it is very cheap. Nice bar area but was a little quiet at the time of our stay...However I'm sure it would be busier during the major tourist season. I'd definitely go back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarahC887XE
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The room was alright - not really 4 star though! A little bit of mould in the bathroom. Maid did an excellent job cleaning during the day. The staff were so helpful - really made a difference to our trip. The buffet breakfast was great - cheese, salami, croissants, doughnuts - filled us up until lunch anyway ! It is a 15/20 minute walk (or a 10 euro taxi) to the nearest metro - there is a bus but it didn't seem to come that often.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel last week (16 -19 Jan 2014). As it market itself as a 4-star hotel I was hoping for a nice room but I should have guessed with it being a Groupon deal that I shouldn't have expected too much.

While the room was clean there was mould and the bed was really uncomfortable - but the shower was great. The complimentary breakfast is very basic and if you get there past 9am you don't get much as they replenish some of the items.

Once of the reason we pick this hotel was because their website states that guests will have access to a sauna and fitness as we were aiming to use these facilities first thing early mornings before venturing out in the city. Unfortunately these facilities are no longer available - not sure why they haven't bothered to update their website.

While there is wifi it isn't free and at 20 euro for your entire stay it didn't seem worth it. Similarly, while there was a tv with a ridiculous number of channels noone were worth watching - although admittedly I wasn't fuss about the tv

A big downer is the location - it's about a 20 min walk to the Metro which I normally wouldn't mind but after 4 hours of walking around Rome another 20 mins is the last thing you want. There are buses and the stops are near the hotel - but it is not the ideal location for getting to know the city. If the hotel was better than it wouldn't be so bad

Generally the staff are nice and aim to be helpful but that you do need more than to justify a 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Get to the breakfast early to avoid missing out on the food options
London
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just returned from a three night stay here and I would like to combine a few general observations about travelling around Rome as well as the Hotel. I will start with the hotel which I think is a similar hotel to out Travelodge ie. basic, functional etc. My biggest complaint was the noise from the road. My home here is quiet whereas Raganelli sits on a point where three lanes come down to two. I have never heard so many sirens from Police/Ambulance/Fire in my life!! As we arrived late Thursday, we had the rush hour Friday morning to wake us at 7am if not earlier. Be aware of this at least. Going back to our arrival at Ciampino: We had nothing arranged although the Hotel can arrange collection etc. As we were walking along the concourse, heading for the Taxis we were 'accosted' by a guy who asked if we were looking for a taxi...etc. Taxi about 80eu but a mini-bus 45eu as long as you wait a bit for them to fill the mini-bus We knew Raganelli was out a bit and toward the airport so we went for it and in about 15mins we were on our way with two other couples. Doing this was cheaper then exclusive taxi and very convenient. Ultimately Public transport is cheapest really. DO NOT BE AFRAID because Metro/Rail is so well set up. You can get a train from Airport to Termini for under 20eu I believe and the ticket machines are soooo user friendly. Our first Metro purchase was 1. choose a language; 2. Select a ticket: 1.50 Eu for a one hour ticket or 6Eu for a one day ticket - how easy is that? So don't worry and I am pretty sure your ticket allows you on busses as well. First night - asked at reception where to eat and Dominic (I think) suggested 'Il Pomederrie' or something similar but it's outside the hotel, turn left and about 800m, there it is with it's yellow signage and a very personable person to tempt you in. Food is good and 0.5ltr of house red is 5Eu...but is cold but OK!!
Back to hotel and bar is OK, you tend to speak to all and sundry, discussing how to get here and there etc. We tended to walk to the local metro and sort out our ticket depending on our itinerary.
Food in Rome, you are spoilt for choice but I can recommend 'That's Amore' near Barberini. We went there twice as it was so good. Bars tend to do a little 'munchie' free with your order. If you leave St. Peter's and turn left by the tram stop, there is a little food place which is dark green in colour. They do a pizza and soft drink for 5Eu and probably other offers. One generalisation I can make is that a lot of toilets don't seem to have seats, so take your wipes etc.
Food at the hotel which is breakfast is OK. Very basic but OK and for the price, I have no complaints although the re-stocking was intermittent at times.
The rooms were kept very well cleaned and re-stocked with towels etc. The TV has no Brit channels although you can get BBC radio on 8 hundred and something. I really don't think that that is acceptable.
I had problems every day with the Wi-Fi. It worked on the day I booked but the next morning I couldn't log in, so it defeated the object of planning my day so it might be a good idea to have an itinerary planned in advance.
Plan for a lot of walking so trainers and soft soles are not good enough. There are many 'cobbled' type streets which take it out of a soft sole. WALKING BOOTS or Timberland may be better.
We strolled to the Vatican on the first morning which took at least 50 mins but we liked that. We had a tour of the Vatican/St.Peter's with 'Enjoy Rome' and Martha seemed quite knowledgeable about things but the only thing I have to pull her up about relates to Pope John 23rd who she said retains his original features due to a 'miracle' but I read that it is actually due to plasticisation.
You live and learn.

Room Tip: Not sure about which room to opt for but Sat and Sunday are OK at front.
2 Thank muppet3
sardinia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

pay only € 70,00 for a double room superior with brakfast included and get really a good accommodation in this four star hotel. booking was made from my wife on their home page, and we had all what they offer:
- large and clean room with a Jacuzzi bath tub
- buffet breakfast with fresh fruits
- free of charge parking place
- italian design hotel
- friendly staff
- warm atmospheare
the only negative point is that to go to the city center you have to get a bus which takes circa 15 minutes, but you cannot get all for € 70,00. It was any way to our satisfaction.
We had a good stay in this hotel at a very reasonable price, best value for money if we consider all services they offer. We will suggest this hotel to all our relatives and friends

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple