“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersGold level
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The staff were fantastic couldn’t of been more helpful - Excellent free shuttle service to and from the train station and very easy to get into Rome - within a few stops you were there for as little as 3.00 euro return (ask at reception). The hotel gave you a lovely feel of what you expect from Rome, the room was clean and spacious and fresh towels everyday - we did ask to change rooms as the attic room where they put us first felt a bit like a prison cell with no light and very small, so ask for a room with a view - but there was no hassle with changing rooms which accommodated our needs much better. The spa wasn't great and only the Jacuzzi was working but we weren't spending our time in doors while in Rome so we weren’t too fussed. The trip was for my boyfriend’s birthday and our expectations were not let down. Rome really is beautiful - would recommend to friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
castelluccia, Responsabile reception at Castello della Castelluccia, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad of your good experience with us.
We have been happy to chenge your room at your request, either if the attic room is a pretty one with wood beam ceiling, parquet floor and it's particulararity is to be very quiet and ... romantic. But we also understand that, being our roms all different, each kind of them meet different tastes. Threby we try to meet our guests personal one.

Just for the readers of this review we want to inform everybody that we have solved the problem with the steam bath which was out of order during your stay, remembering also that the access to our relaxation area is free to all the hotel guests, while is also bookable for exclusive private access and use,

Thank you again for having choose our Castle, while we hope to welcoming back again.

Luca V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have visited Italy over 30 times and this is one of my new favorite places. This place has so much charm and I loved every second of my stay. The castle is well maintained and the location is excellent. You will require a car if you stay here but it is like Tuscany in Rome. You can run, walk, etc. and get your exercise in the morning on the quiet streets surrounding the castle. If you were smart enough to book the room with the jetted bathtub then you can relax in this opulant tub for about an hour and feel like a queen in her castle. The restaurant food is very good but what made the meals most extrodinary was the service. I cannot give more than five stars but the staff in the restaurant were the best I encountered in a long time. Attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, and overall just great. For sure I will come to stay here again. Initially I hesitated due to a few less than favorable reviews, but after my few days here I was so glad I decided to book this hotel. Also there is a small 3 par golf course and driving range close by which was nice. This is my new favorite place in Italy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madame,

becoming your favorite place in Italy is a big honour to us, for which we all do sincerely thank you.
It's a bigger pleasure considering that you decided to book after reading also the few less than favorable review, which we give the right attention, trying to reply with the most honest adn utmost respect.
Being your new favorite place in Italy, we hope to welcoming you back to the Castle at your earliest covenience,

Luca V
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have been at the Castello by now 4 or 5 times. The first time was for a personal occasion (with my wife), the others always business.

Be that one or the other, it was always a very good experience. the location is remote - yes, but peaceful. May people have already commented about the restaurant - to my taste it was oustanding every single time. The staff, the choice of wine, the HUGE fireplace during the winter and the fresh outside area all contributed to the Castle atmosphere.

Talking about the outside area, make sure you have mosquito repellent... especially if you want to eat outside you will get eaten alive.

Rooms can differ a lot: from the one(s?) in the Tower, with a magnificent view and the bathroom downstairs ( :) ), to the lower floor small but typical rooms, to the luxurious ones with a true prince atmosphere.

A last note for the staff throughout: very and always helpful.

Hope my next business trip will take me to the Castello again :)
g

Room Tip: if you need the true castle atmosphere, ask for the tower room! but do remember you will need to use...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you again and again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We visited here on our trip to Rome and got engaged. The hotel was beautiful and grounds stunning. Great staff service although the restaurant is expensive and the hotel is isolated. Our room was spacious and lovely bath. We loved it here, would recommend.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Gorgeous hotel set in the country not far from main road to Rome. Room was beautiful, comfortable and well appointed. We stayed as a family (6 year old daughter) but were well looked after (they felt like Princesses in the Castle).
Hotel better suited to couples on a romantic weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in Dec 2013 for my sister's wedding. This is a beautiful setting for a winter wedding in Italy. Cocktail reception held in a heated outdoor marquee. Lovely, as it was a bit chilly outside. The dinner reception was held in the main dining room and the huge fireplace was lit and gave a wonderful glow throughout the night. The castle was charming and the decor and fireplace made it very romantic. Tons of family from all over the world came to the wedding and we had such a great time.
Hotel review: upon arrival we were assigned to rooms in the chalet outside the hotel. This is a walk down from the actual castle. It was very well appointed and really clean and very pretty inside but lacked the castle atmosphere. (It is a modern addition w/faux wall murals but w nice antique furniture). Nice but I was disappointed as not the castle I was expecting. Will note that it was what I had booked. I was informed prior to my stay that I would be outside on the grounds. I explained to Luca my disappointment and he promptly upgraded me to a two room suite in the castle (huge-kids loved it). Had me switched out in less than 10 minutes.
Staff: Luca was excellent. I had no problems with staff. Sent up tea or coffee to my room when requested. Even late at night. The front desk was very helpful and nice to us. When we missed our train and took last train from trastevere,we called Luca and he had shuttle waiting for us at the station. Danny (Danielo?) waiter was lovely. The staff I encountered at wedding were great.

Negatives: I think Luca and his team are understaffed (as are most in this economy) but they are very approachable and helpful. I found Luca and his team to be very friendly.

Did not eat dinner as we ate in Rome city center. Wedding dinner was great. Room service and dining room needs improvement. Can only order certain items at certain times. Not good for a hotel not near other dining options. (*note: they did make cheese and ham sandwiches for my kids-special off menu-thank you)
Location: great for weddings or larger groups travelling together. Quiet and isolated. Need taxis, car or shuttle service to metro train station. Castle and grounds are fantastic. Not best for sightseeing Rome, but lovely for the tail end of your trip as its very romantic and relaxing. Luca can arrange train metro tickets and shuttle transfer and this is very easy to do and quite fun for the kids. There are not many amenities for kids (pool in summer) or adults but had great wifi in rooms. best for a wedding or quiet romantic getaway.
Cannot speak for the wedding arrangements or pricing. My sister can post that one.
All in all, I loved my stay here and had a great time. Thank you to Luca and staff.
Jennifer - NY

Room Tip: all rooms unique due to old castle layout. Call hotel direct.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice place Would go there again. People at the front desk very cooperative and helpful and nice. Thank you for helping us out with the subway and the places to see and by setting a trip for us We didn't get to go (,Got sick) But they were nice enough to give us a map and show us how to get there, and also reserving a train ride for us.They made sure the water was warm for us at the spa, and they also help us with the stations on television, some stations were in Italian and you could switch them to English.Thank you also for upgrade of a different room.The only thing I could suggest is Have more different kinds of food in the menu instead of pasta, Breakfast was nice,different things to eat in the buffet for that part.. Would come back to stay here, Beautiful area,architect was beautiful also.Like it cause it was in the county not too far from train station.

Room Tip: didnt have a fitness room,ask for a room with a separate area other than with bedroom No noise,was q...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
castelluccia, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Castello della Castelluccia, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for your kind words and suggestion (our menu is reacher now). We hope to welcoming you in another occasion. Take care of you and give our best salute to all your very nice and kind family.

L.V.