“An ok hotel with small bedrooms - 5 min walk from Termini (the main train station)”
Review of Smart Hotel

Smart Hotel
Ranked #140 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The rooms:
I went there with my dad and we shared a twin bed room on the 8th floor. The rooms were small and there were barely space to separate the beds apart... The rooms were clean though, and the hotel had modern interior. I did not like the bathroom - as you couldn’t totally close the sliding doors. There were a small slip between the sliding doors - which is not optimal whomever you’re sharing the room with, let alone your dad...

The elevator was really small - not for people with claustrophobia...!

The breakfast was good. Lot of cakes! And scrambled eggs bacon, cheese, ham etc. You could also order *special" coffee like caffe latte, cappuccino, macchiato etc with no extra cost.

I thought the price was a little high compared to the hotel standard... We paid 340 euro for 3 nights.

The service was good. And it was free wifi at the hotel.

I would only recommend this hotel if it was a little cheaper.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MY30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cagliari, Italy
Reviewed 18 December 2013

At less than 5 minutes walking from the railway station Termini, at the corner of a square. Building with very good acoustic isolation (internal as well as external).
Modern building, anonimous at first sight.
I stayed only one night in this hotel (arrived late - at about 10.00 p.m., left early the next morning).
Very helpful personnel: they suggested me where to have dinner in the surroundings for an acceptable price (you can also get dinner in the hotel). As I had to leave quite early the next morning (train was leaving at 7.20 a.m.) the lady at the reception proposed me to take a "breakfast box" with me the next morning (breakfast at the hotel starts at 7.00 a.m.); the quality of the breakfast box content was an unexpected surprise ! It made me help to enjoy my trip by train.

Room: design room, spacious, comfortable.
Bathroom: all kind of amenities at disposal; the shower was like 1,5 m x 1,5 m.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor (202) of which the window faces a square, so I was concerned about...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Smart Hotel in Rome is amazing. I visited Rome on business last year and my company put me up in a nice hotel not too far from Smart Hotel. I had a chance to look around Smart Hotel and promised myself that the next time I visited Rome I was going to stay at Smart Hotel and that’s just what I did. I absolutely loved my junior suite and the hotel amenities were outstanding, especially the interactive TV that not only allowed me to watch TV and movies, but to get information about museums, restaurants, dancing and other entertainment and events in the city. Another great thing about Smart Hotel in Rome is its proximity to the Roma Termini train station. The staff at Smart Hotel in Rome is so courteous and professional and took every opportunity to ensure that my family and I had absolutely everything we needed and more. I couldn’t be more pleased and will definitely stay at Smart Hotel the next time I visit Rome.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 November 2013

very modern new hotel in excellent location. the best hotel staff we have ever met. special thanks to Mrs. NILU the reception manager- she is a Treasure for the the owners of the hotel. if you are a mature couple our advice to you is not to take the standard room. it is too small and lack of privacy. order the deluxe room and you will really enjoy your staying.

Room Tip: prefer the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Smart Hotel Rome was very hospitable. We received excellent directions from the concierge of where the best attracts were located. My suite was very comfortable, I was highly impressed with the exclusive interactive Power TV which is quite different from what is offered in the states. I also appreciate how peaceful my room was, I could not hear any distractions. I was glad I was able to get sound sleep after a long day of travel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 November 2013

An excellent hotel, modern designed at a central location of Rome. The room was just perfect' with a huge shower, a couch and a smart TV. Loved it. Excellent customer service always with a smile. Breakfast was decent but we were very disappointed on the last day of our stay. We had arrived for breakfast around 9:15 were there was nothing left except for some fruit and a couple of muffins.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel looks brand new and the since the building has obviously been renovated (some things are not yet finished - like the roof terrace). The location is 3 minutes walk from the Termini station so it is ideal for getting around Rome, to and from the airport, etc.

The staff is very helpful and tries to please.

The rooms are quite small with room just enough for the bed and a little space to walk around. And I'm talking about the Deluxe double room which is bigger that a standard double.
Also there is a constant hum/noise coming from pipes or ventilation. It is not the air-con since ours was switched off.
The price is also a bit too high for this hotel in my opinion.

All in all we would stay there again if not for the high price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple