Mr. Rome Hostel
US$279
US$937
US$477
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 December 2013

First time in Rome? I suggest visiting Mr. Rome. Good rooms for the money with a staff that's VERY knowledgeable about the Eternal City. Not only that, they can give you some quick tips on the Italian Lifestyle. Not only will I recommend(which I did during my time in Milan), but I'll DEFINITELY be paying them another visit on my next travels to Rome!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cicero82
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

The moment I stepped into the hostel i knew my time here was going to be awesome. True enough, the service here was awesome and we were well taken care of. Highly recommended! Definitely coming back here to stay when i visit rome in the future. It's also near to the metro so it just makes the whole experience even more amazing.

1  Thank Yamamoto K
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I do not think I could have survived another 48 hours in Rome if I had not stumbled upon Mr. Rome Hostel. The staff is superb and makes this experience unforgettable. The food is delicious and you will for sure feel right at home. I recommend this hostel to everyone, especially single travelers. The location is ideal for experiencing Rome since after a 20 minute walk you will be in the center of everything Rome. The Staff and Marius will make sure you have everything you need and will accommodate to make sure your stay is perfect. BEST PLACE IN ROME TO STAY-MUST STAY HERE!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank phillylondoner
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hostel is clean, well decorated, comfy and welcoming. We stayed in a 4 person room with fireplace, bookshelves and desk which felt more like an upscale hotel or B&B than a hostel room! The staff is what knocks this hostel out of the park. They are extremely friendly and can recommend all the best places to go, things to see and restaurants to hit. Marius really goes the extra mile to make you feel at home and have the best stay in Rome imaginable. Thanks for a great weekend Mr. Rome :D

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A friend and I stayed in Mr. Rome for 4 nights in a 4 bed female only dorm. Located away from the beaten path, this is the place to stay for the people who consider themselves travellers rather than tourists! Intelligent, friendly and super-helpful staff in a beautiful old Roman house decorated to a high standard that will give you that hotel feeling with an atmosphere of visiting a friend's house. They will listen to your wants and needs and will make a custom designed plan for your trip based on what you want like wanting to skip the "must-see" places for some shopping or exploring the outskirts of town. You will feel encouraged to explore Rome on your own terms and have your own Roman Holiday experience.

Some of the biggest highlights of our trip:

Coffee, juice and *fresh* goods from a bakery for breakfast
Great interior and design throughout
Beautiful terrace for smoking or enjoying your lunch/cup of coffee/glass of wine
High quality bathrooms
Comfy beds (and fluffy pillows!)
Not the most central location, but very close to bus, metro and tram stops
15 min walk to the hitorical centre
Close to supermarkets, restaurants etc.
Extremely clean
Towels and hair-dryers provided
Cosy kitchen/lounge
Staff host and encourage evening gatherings in the kitchen and make everyone feel very welcome throughout the stay
Staff have a great (somewhat dark) sense of humour and are open-minded
Hostel is quiet throughout the day and night
Feels very safe and secure

On an additional note, my friend got ill during our stay and we spent a whole day in the hostel in order for her to recover. The staff were amazing - nothing was too much trouble! They wrote down names of medicine and cough syrups, gave her extra blankets, made tea and generally checked in to see how she was doing. I found that staying in for the day while nursing my friend was enjoyable because of the lovely interior and attention from the staff which made me feel like staying at a hotel. It made what could have been a very grim day into a relaxed day of lounging, smoking and having coffee on the terrace and general holiday feeling (I even had time to take a bubble bath!).

Relaxed atmosphere combined with professional service and boutique environment made it a perfect place for us and I'm sure that this place is only going to get better.

Room Tip: we had a chance to have a peak in all of the rooms and they are all excellent - spacious compared to most hostels and BnBs. Hostel is on the 3rd floor (no lift) but the staff will gladly help you with the luggage so it hasn't been a problem for us. You can also get in touch with them on Facebook to arrange your arrival time etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends