“Once agin-Simply the best!!!!”

Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3,755 Rome B&B and Inns
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Once agin-Simply the best!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is my fourth trip to Roma and my fourth stay wih Rosa Maria and Meldy! I will not stay anywhere else in Rome. This trip, I was travelling with my teenage son, so we chose to stay in the Sun Apt. WONDERFUL!!!! Clean, comfortable and stocked well with water, milk, juice, coffes, teas, bread, etc-more than we could eat during our stay for breakfast! Rosa Maria pays such attention to detail and wants to insure your stay in ROme is the best! Maps, information, etc! THE BEST Rome has to offer!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank soloprincess
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor.
We work so hard to insure to all our guest the best stay in Rome and we are happy to know that you are always safisfied with our services.
Best regards,
Rosa Maria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Wellington NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I had a lovely time in Rome at Rosa Maria's. I was travelling alone so a little anxious about where to go and what to do. The location of the small bedroom apartment is just outside the vatican, on the number 64 bus route. Very convenient for the city, although the worst pick pocket bus. Rosa Maria gave me so much advice, where to go, what to see, booked the Gallery Borghese for me, took me on a bus to show me where to go! Helped me devise a plan of attack. I was so grateful and so glad I took her advice.

There are no cooking facilities in the apartment and Rosa Maria doesnt live there, but she arrives every morning to see you on your way. Very good breakfast and I thought excellent value in a lovely location.

Very helpful and just a wonderful few days

Room Tip: One room is a little smaller, so better for a person alone, but a bt small for 2
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
Unfortunately in Italy guests are not allowed to cook in b&b.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

My fiancée and I booked the bed and breakfast following the feedback of the previous visitors. We have not been disappointed!! The location is just perfect; 2 minutes walking from San Pieter and the bus 64 just down the street from the hotel brings you to the main places in the city center. I would recommend when you come or leave the city to/from Fiumicino airport is to arrive via the station Roma San Pietro (5 min walking from the hotel) instead of taking the Leonardo da Vinci train to Roma Termini. The length of the trip is the same about an hour but the cost is half price (8 euro in total for one way against 14+1,50 euro with the Leonardo da Vinci+bus).
The owner, Rosa Maria, is a great advisor to discover the city and a true roman with good tips (restaurants, museums, trattoria etc...). We have really felt treated more than a guest and she was always happy to answer our questions.
We stayed in the blue room which was really clean and tidy and in a very traditional roman style, we really enjoy it. The breakfast is a typical Italian one and was huge and delicious! The only little thing I could say it that you can’t have your breakfast later than 8.30 AM but it’s a good way to wake up on time and discover this amazing city. We will definitely come back as we have spent a great week end.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank olivier a
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review and sharing your precious comments about Al Colonnato di San Pietro.
Your feedback it's the best way to improve our services in order to guarantee a comfortable stay for our guests and meet their expectations.
Best regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I were here last October for our anniversary, and had the most incredible experience at this B&B. Aside from the fact that it's in a great location for visiting Vatican City, Maria and her staff truly went above and beyond in welcoming us and taking care of us! They helped us plan our daily itinerary, and provided some suggestions that ended up being on our list of "favorites". They took special care in providing breakfasts that we liked, and even brought in a bottle of sparkling wine for us to celebrate our anniversary. To top it off, Maria coordinated our transportation to the airport at the end of our journey (we were leaving the B&B at about 4am), and at the great price, too. We spent 2 weeks in Italy, and stayed in 3 different B&B's. This one was our absolute favorite! Thank you, Maria!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christi M
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your anniversary in Rome as well as our location and services.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

This review is long overdue but finally have time to write it. My husband and I stayed here in September for 3 nights. Everything about our stay, from location, to room, to breakfast to the wonderful welcome from Rosa was perfect. We stayed in a smaller room so I'm not sure if they are all that small, but it was very clean with a nice little bathroom and had everything we needed. Rosa was there as promised outside waiting for us. She is a very lovely person and was extremely helpful. She told us where to catch the buses for exploring and they are about a minutes walk from the B&B. It is central enough to walk to many areas as well. She showed us which room was the Pope's bedroom across the street which was amusing. The breakfasts which are served right in your room were wonderful and the price was great. When we left for the airport she arranged a driver to take us and made sure he was there on time and negotiated the price too. We hope to go back to Rome one day and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duncan6
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and services and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed in the "sun" room over mothers day in may 2012 for one week and felt like in a cute and cozy home with a very clean bathroom and room, a cute little kitchenette, that we used in order to cook our own food every evening (great pasta and mozerella and parma can be found all within walking distance at a supermarket and also a small bistro across the street to cook your own great dinner!), a TV with many channels in all languages (we were so lucky and felt so home when at nights we could watch our german TV program after a very long day out in Rome).

Rosa Maria was very energetic and helped whereever she could. She seems a very, very busy woman, but very helpful. She even got us tickets to a pope-speech, which made our trip perfect! She also provided us with a cell phone and told us to call her, whenever we needed her! One time when i couldt get the TV started, I called and she was right there to help instead of giving instructions over the phone...oh she speaks good english, too.

The area to stay in seems very safe, since it is right next to the vaticano. At nights, when our hurting legs would allow, we walked to the vatican and it was a wonderful sight at nights to stand infront of this great building. Also, we loved going to the famous gelateria "The Bridge" i believe it was called, with long lines outside, the most delicious ice cream and also in walking distance, right over the Peter´s Square. That was our highlight after our own cooked dinner.

Overall i can highly recommend the place and i would totally come back next time in Rome. I´m sure Rosa Maria will soon need more people to help her with all the work she has...it was a fantastic choice to stay at her very clean and quiet place in this great area. Thank you, Rosa Maria.

Room Tip: we stayed in the sun room and loved it! we didnt want to leave...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HygenicTravel
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear Guests,
It was a real pleasure to read your review and to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how impressed you were with our location and services.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you again for another enjoyable stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I cannot even start this review without mentioning the communication with Rosa prior to my stay of 4 nights. We emailed back and forth right up until the day I arrived. I was travelling alone on a pilgrimage through Italy and Rosa was incredibly warm and attentive to detail in answering my questions and assuring me of comfort. I arrived in Rome exhausted by 5 previous days of travel which had turned into somewhat of a nightmare. Rosa was waiting out front for me and from the moment we met she did everything she could to make my stay as restful and nourishing as I had hoped for.

My room was lovely and immaculate including some personal touches designed just for me and my needs. The location was perfect- just around the corner from St Peter's. Rosa had suggestions and detailed directions for places to visit. I cannot say enough about her concern for my comfort in every way. When I arrived I felt too tired to even wash and dry my hair. I asked Rosa for a recommendation the next morning. She first walked to her own salon around the block to personally make my appointment and make sure they knew exactly what I wanted since they spoke no English. She then came back and insisted on personally escorting me there.

Her assisant Meldi is one of the most delightful women I have met. She radiates a joy that is infectious! She makes a great cappuccino and the breakfasts are lovely. Like Rosa, she makes you feel that you are one of their own valued family guests visiting from out of town.

I spent 4 of the most wonderful nights I have spent in any of my travels. Although I have been to Rome several times before - this stay was the most memorable because of this place and these two wonderful women. I also had great neighbors in the other room - a couple with whom I have stayed in touch. They are old clients of Rosa's and I mention this because I think this tiny B&B attracts a very special kind of clientele.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Rosa and Meldi - I would come back to Rome just to experience your gracious hospitality!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank annahat
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed our services and assistance and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.