“Stay somewhere else”

Ranked #1,081 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel last year with some friends, and all I can say is gross. I would have preferred to sleep in the lobby. the rooms are disgusting, the bathroom looks like something from a subway trainstation, and the breakfast was horrible. the linens in the breakfast area were dirty and stained, and the location is in the middle of nowhere. We had to catch a bus just to get to thr train station to get back to civilization. Do your homework and stay somewhere else. I'm reviewing this one a little late because I didn't think it would make it on Trip advisor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Atlanta1996

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is far from 4 stars. The pictures are not accurate whatsoever. I wouldn't even call the bed a real bed, more like an oversized cot. The blow dryer was broke and disconnected. The TV did not work at all. I was very disappointed. Room was dirty. I do not recommend this hotel. There are hardly any restaurants nearby aside from a great pizza place within walking distance.

1 Thank jenpete99

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Roodepoort, South Africa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is far from the inner city of Rome. Hotel's outside appearance are dated and needs updating . Rooms are standard but the air-conditioning does not work. Very loud neighborhood at night . Breakfast room hot and humid. Breakfast was terrible! This is NOT a 4 star hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 123456Happydays
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good hotel, but staff were not very helpful, and the hotel is located pretty far out of the city centre. We had to take a bus, and then the metro to get into the hub of Rome. If you want late nights out, I wouldn't recommend this property since the last bus back to the hotel runs just before midnight. Overall, the room was clean, and the breakfast included was a plus, but next time I would stay more central.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff were OK but felt invisible at reception as they did not seem to want to look at you to ask what you required. WiFi somewhat limited. Seems to be the sort of hotel where school trips stay. Breakfast was adequate if you use the correct restaurant as we used the tourist party one on the first morning where food was limited. Room was OK but was 2 single beds shoved together.TV = couple of channels if you like the news. Basically hotel needs updating. Transport to local metro was mostly full to overloaded so better to have hotel in city itself. Pool good. Could do better for evening meal as local bar gets too busy as lots from hotel used it to get food.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank keithypoos1234
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked 4 nights at Quality Hotel Rouge et Noir through Expedia Secret Saver deal and it was definietely the biggest mistake we could make. I don't usually trust reviews very much, but this time I have to agree with most of the bad reviews.

First of all, this is by no means a 4-star hotel it claims to be. I don't know much about the hotels classification in Italy, but I suspect this may have something to do with the Rome city tax, which increases with the standard of the hotel. This hotel is 2-stars at most, although we stayed in 2-star hotels in the past that were much higher quality.

The hotel has a fairly remote location, but we didn't mind walking to the nearest metro station (about 15 minutes away), so it wasn't an issue. The hotel runs a shuttle to the station, but this service is very limited and the times were rather inconvenient for us.

Nice and modern reception area and decent sized rooms make a good first impression. However, at the closer inspection one can notice awful stains on the corridor carpet, soap scum on the shower fittings and other flaws. I also found long black hairs on the desk. They say they have toiletries in rooms, but all we were given were two tiny soaps and two 5ml sachets of shampoo, which were apparently meant to last us for 4 days, as they were never replaced. The room was not cleaned for our entire stay, the beds not made up. The housekeeping team emptied the overflowing bin only after we put the notice on the door asking them to make up the room.

Breakfast was a total chaos. There was one, very disinterested, staff member available during the breakfast service. One morning we had breakfast slightly later than usual (i.e. at around 8.30, with breakfast being served until 10) and there were no plates, no milk, no bread, no cheese and no fruit. After being asked for more milk by one of the guests, the waitress took an empty jug from the counter and casually returned to setting up the table...The only good thing about the breakfast were the pastries and the grapefruit juice, otherwise there was just cheese and bright pink unidentifiable kind of "meat", which definitely wasn't ham. The bread was stale every morning.

But this is all nothing compered to what happened to me during the stay...It turned out that our room (504) was infested with FLEAS! I had some bites after the first night, but I would never expect fleas in 4-star hotel room, so I credited them to mosquitoes. I got more bites over the next 3 nights, but it wasn't until I was back in the UK when I got a really nasty allergic reaction and it turned out I have hundreds of bites all over my body. The doctor I have seen said he didn't see anyone so badly bitten by fleas in his entire career! I just wish I had this reaction slightly earlier - if I did, I would demand the full refund and a compensation for all I have to go through now.

If you value your own health and well-being, don't stay in this hotel! Pay a bit more and stay in a decent place with no fleas and proper housekeeping.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from this hotel as you can!