“Good but a bit far...”

Ranked #1,010 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Antalya, Turkey
“Good but a bit far...”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Although it seems to be a good hotel with its large rooms and bathrooms, it is a bit far from the city, quiet area, not anybody around the reception after midnight, not very safe, Get off at the the last stop of Rebibbia metro line. Then catch the bus outside on the right side of metro. If you can't, walk some around 1,7 km. to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of a 14 day trip to Italy. This hotel was the only hotel I had problems with. During my stay at this hotel one of the friends on the trip with me was harassed by a group of men also staying in the hotel. The men were then seen trying to use their hotel room keys to try and get into our rooms. I understand the hotel is not at fault for this but the way they handled the situation was horrendous. When confronting the front desk with the problem they claimed they "did not see any men" so would not help us and were then seen joking with the men. The second locks on the room doors did not work so we did not feel safe going to sleep in this hotel. Lastly to top off a wonderful time at this hotel when we returned to our room after a day in Rome our suitcases had been rifled through. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn O

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Dubai
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Horrible Hotel.
Far from the city.
Pathetic / non existent customer service.
Terrible breakfast.
Rooms furnished like a budget executive hostel. No dining options in the hotel or near by.
We stayed there for two nights in the 3rd week of August as a part of a tour and it was two nights too many. Not sure on what basis the hotel is given a 3 star rating - it is worth not even a single star rating. The staff at the check in were rude and uncaring.
In all the places, I have stayed in Europe, this hotel has the distinction of being the very worst.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank devbk
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights. The rooms and price was quiet good but the only problem was it was far from the main attractions and also difficult to commute after 12 pm. No close by restaurants, but it has its own small restaurant.
Rooms were clean and well organized, the internet was not free and a bit expensive.

In total we liked the hotel if you are looking for a comfortable place but if you are mostly looking forward to go to the city early and planning for clubbing, then probably its not the best choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It was last (4th) hotel during our (2 couples) 9 days Italy trip and with no doubs I (we) can say - it was the worst as well. We had been in so many places all around the Europe, and this kind of bad quality was met for the first time.
We checked in very late evenig after few days of extremely intensive sightseeing. What we saw was very disappointing.
Tired, we ordered cups of tea. 2 EURO EACH! What is more, barista was suprised that we did not had coins, and had extremely big problem to give me 2 euro of change.
Room smells of dump. Toilet smells of urine. Toilet sit was moving. Floor was dirty. There was no toilet paper. Shower curtain with mould.
When we tried to call reception - no one answered. Twice. My fiance had to go downstairs to tell about everything. Receptionist was suprised and looked "how dare you to interupt me". Receptionist told him to go to the public toilet and grab some toilet paper. I was so shocked!
I used to work for few year in hotels and for the first time I saw that kind of disrespect for customer. No sorry, no help, no anything.
When I asked for an area map (wanted to see, where am I and where is the nearst tube station), lady was suprised and told me, that all she can do is giving me Roma Centre map. And later on added - there is no Idea Hotel on the map. CUTE! This is what did I asked for...
My friends were flying next day in the morning to another destination, so we asked for early breakfast - some bread or anything. They could not do anything for us, because there was no breakfast staff (but kitchen was working all the time). I understand hotel policy about informing about early breakfast 24h before, but there was nothing about it on the website and in my opinion - making two sandwiches and tea is not too much. And do not buy there water - 2 EURO EACH small bottle!
On Thursday we were trying to find information about metro. Lady told us, that it runs from 5am and everything is running. Next day, we find out at metro station, there is stake! No one told us about it at reception of course. Only thanks to two kind Policemen we got to city centre by bus.
Breakfast was good. Maybe eggs were cold, and some kind of weird omllets as well, but the rest was pretty good. Oh, and horrible instant coffe.
Next days housekeeping was much better. Much cleaner, but still there was awful mould curtain in the bathroom.
I think, houskeeping ladies are doing their job well, but supervisor is lazy and does not check every day every room. If this person would check everything properly, there would be no dump smell and everything would be on its place.
I cannot imagine this curtain in any hotel, I worked for. Hotel can be cheap and low standard, but ALWAYS has to be shiny clean with kind, helpful staff. This one does not have any of these, which I am do really sorry for it.
I would not reccomend this hotel for anyone, who got used to good standard (even the cheapest hostel in Oslo was 100 times better that what we saw in Idea Hotel).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank maniuska
Saint Clair, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Do not stay here if you are a tourist. It took a half hour to get into central Rome by car, much longer by public transportation. The hotel is very strange. Our room for three was very spacious but there was only one small desk and a chair, we had to sit on our beds. There was a lot of wasted space. The bathroom was huge, but we had no counter space. Not even a place to put the soap; it kept sliding into the sink. The breakfast was ample enough and the room was clean. It was difficult to sleep because the wind would cause the window to shake as they didn't close properly. For what we paid I would expect a better hotel and it was the small irritations that made the overall experience unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hayley B
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Been many places and countries on business and pleasure. This time had to stay on the area, location was good for me, but is not for any tourist. My room smelled toilet, the windows would not close, a big spot of leakage with mildew above my bed and the price they are allowed to charge is up to 800 € for this particular room. Receptionist visited the room, closed the window and said smell is okay, just like in every room.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.