This was for my Wife's 40th birthday so I wanted something special. The Hotel location is overlooking the Coliseum and our Superior room had a great view. The staff are absolutely wonderful and the breakfast service was excellent. The staff was so helpful and the English receptionist (Phil) and his colleagues have some great restaurant recommendations. We went to the Sangallo (on via. Coronali) on my Wife's 40th and even though we are very fussy, the restaurant was first class. Now the 'me being picky bit':
- Being on a main road and close to some very lively bars, it is a bit noisy. This is obviously the norm in a city and my Wife and I are light sleepers and live in a quiet location.
- The issue with the above is that you can't really open the windows for fresh air. This was a bit of a problem on the first night when we had a very uncomfortably hot night's sleep. This gradually improving during the week after other guests complained. The hotel has climate control and I had complained a couple of times. They say the hotel is on a single system. I would not want to think what it would have been like in June - August...
- The Superior room only has a Queen bed. I think on hindsight I would have preferred a lesser view of the Coliseum for more bed space!!
- Sometimes the breakfast spread was not fully stocked. All we had to do was ask and the attentive staff brought us what we needed.
- \the rooftop bar is ridiculously priced but I guess that keeps the exclusivity of the hotel.
All in all a wonderful stay and a very thoughtful touch of a bottle of bubbly on arrival and on my Wife's 40th. I can't thank the hotel enough. BTW, the Mercedes airport transport is well worth the money for a relaxed arrival and departure. Definitely see the following:
- Coliseum and Forum area
- Vatican museum and St Peters (including climbing the dome).
- The Piazza Venezzia monument and 'see Rome from the Sky' (top of the monument)
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navone
It is just best to walk everywhere and maybe get the Metro to Spagna for the above (just to shorten the walk a little). The Metro has many ticket options available via. vending machines. It is also well worth using advance bookings for Vatican and
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, exclusive, and elegant hotel in the heart of Rome. You will be staying just a short walk from the Colosseum and you will be able to see the ruins of Imperial Rome directly from your room window. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Manfredi Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luxury Manfredi Apartments Hotel Rome
- Gladiatori Hotel Rome