“Outstandin hotel with great service!!!”

Luxury Manfredi Apartments
Ranked #687 of 1,100 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Scottsdale
“Outstandin hotel with great service!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We went to Rome for the first time and had a wonderful time....the hotel Gladiatori was in the perfect location for visiting the major ruins of the city. The staff made our trip very special....including a bottle of champagne...it was my 60th birthday and they noticed that on my passport..step above and beyond. We would recomend this hotel to any traveler, yes it was costly but was worth it to us....

Greeting from Scottsdale, AZ!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maidstone
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We stayed in the Marco Aurelio Suite of the Hotel and were really happy with the accomodation. It comprised of a bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchen which had a washing machine and dishwasher. The front of house at the main hotel were exceptional and they made us feel very welcome. The apartments are located on a side street a few blocks from the main hotel. Breakfast is served in the apartment and consists of a selection of breads, jams and nutella. There is a supermarket nearby to buy any other essential items.

A few things to be aware of when staying in the aparment:
There is a single bed located in the poof, if needed.
The walls in the apartment are thin, and when our neighbour practiced the piano, we felt as if we were all in the same room, thankfully they didn't practice long!
If you want to eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant there is a surchage of 30 euros per person.
The shower is tiny!!
There is no tv in the living area - only in the bedroom, which isn't ideal. The reception was quite poor at times.

The hotel bar is expensive, but the views are second to none. We paid 26 euros for a mojito and a beer.

I would recommend this hotel and the apartment and hope to return next year.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 3 November 2009

This was for my Wife's 40th birthday so I wanted something special. The Hotel location is overlooking the Coliseum and our Superior room had a great view. The staff are absolutely wonderful and the breakfast service was excellent. The staff was so helpful and the English receptionist (Phil) and his colleagues have some great restaurant recommendations. We went to the Sangallo (on via. Coronali) on my Wife's 40th and even though we are very fussy, the restaurant was first class. Now the 'me being picky bit':

- Being on a main road and close to some very lively bars, it is a bit noisy. This is obviously the norm in a city and my Wife and I are light sleepers and live in a quiet location.
- The issue with the above is that you can't really open the windows for fresh air. This was a bit of a problem on the first night when we had a very uncomfortably hot night's sleep. This gradually improving during the week after other guests complained. The hotel has climate control and I had complained a couple of times. They say the hotel is on a single system. I would not want to think what it would have been like in June - August...
- The Superior room only has a Queen bed. I think on hindsight I would have preferred a lesser view of the Coliseum for more bed space!!
- Sometimes the breakfast spread was not fully stocked. All we had to do was ask and the attentive staff brought us what we needed.
- \the rooftop bar is ridiculously priced but I guess that keeps the exclusivity of the hotel.

All in all a wonderful stay and a very thoughtful touch of a bottle of bubbly on arrival and on my Wife's 40th. I can't thank the hotel enough. BTW, the Mercedes airport transport is well worth the money for a relaxed arrival and departure. Definitely see the following:

- Coliseum and Forum area
- Vatican museum and St Peters (including climbing the dome).
- The Piazza Venezzia monument and 'see Rome from the Sky' (top of the monument)
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navone

It is just best to walk everywhere and maybe get the Metro to Spagna for the above (just to shorten the walk a little). The Metro has many ticket options available via. vending machines. It is also well worth using advance bookings for Vatican and

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 1 November 2009

I stayed here for a 3 day break with my husband, 2 children and a friend. We originally booked a 2 bed apartment however were upgraded to 2 separate apartments on arrival ( all for 100 Euro's per night!). The apartments were spacious and included a kitchen which supplied all breakfast cereals/ pastries/ tea/coffee/milk and juice at no extra charge. I had been told that accomodation was usually overpriced and run down in Rome however this was definitely not the case here! The hotel is a stone's throw from the Colosseum and within walking distance of all other main attractions. Grocery store and nice restaurants nearby. Fairly quiet location and a childrens playground closeby.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
staten island
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Great hotel, clean beautiful, service was excellent very comfortable stay.When we arrive we were up graded to the room with the view of the colosseum all i can say is unbelievable beautiful, it's so close to the colosseum you can almost touch it. We ate dinner on the roof top terrace it was very nice, the staff was friendly. All I can say is when in Rome go to the hotel Gladiatori we also had a limo take us to the airport. Everything was breathtaking from the room to the view .

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Gladiatori for 8 nights in May 2009, for the purpose of seeing ancient Rome. The Gladiatori was the ideal location for that purpose, as it is directly facing the Colosseum and adjacent to the Ludus Magnus. Every morning I could have my breakfast on the roof terrace looking at the Colosseum!

The Gladiatori is a small boutique hotel, so all of the rooms are very luxurious. Mine, although somewhat small, was fitted out beautifully, with a blend of both classical and modern decor. The bath is sumptuous, with Etro bath products. Although there was a problem with the AC one evening, the hotel staff immediately sent up a technician who fixed the problem. The lobby lounge area was under renovation while I was there, so I can't comment on it.

The staff was very helpful on several different occasions, arranging a day tour to the Villa d'Este, for example. I also had a friend from Athens who joined me for the weekend, and the staff made him feel welcome as well.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry B
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I was recently at this hotel for the start of our honeymoon. Upon check in, we were greeted with a smile by a wonderful front desk staff (the blonde woman) whom showed us to our room. The room was nice and air conditioned when we first got there.The hotel gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne and canapes, which were lovely. A few hours later it just got hotter and hotter. We called the front desk when we got back from dinner and they said that the maintanence person would not be back until the morning. The next day, my husband and I were exploring all of Rome and did not arrive back until very late. Again, the air conditioning is not working. I went down to the front desk and said I wasn't very happy. The front desk man said he wasn't happy either. I asked him why and he said because he has to work all night. I demanded to speak to the manager, whom was not available until the next morning. Upon check out my husband spoke with the manager, whom credited back our incidentals. I much rather have had a good, cool, night sleep. The hotel is small and chic and in a great location. I would go back during a cooler time of the year.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple