Vintage Hotel Rome
US$239
US$1,067
US$604
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The hotel appears to be really new and the rooms and hallways look really nice and trendy. All the room doors on the hall side have an enlarged scene from a classic movie or a classic actor. The rooms are really spacious with tile flooring, making the place really look and feel clean. The bedding was a nice and comfortable queen bed. Although i did book a twin room for my sister and i, but we didn't bother changing rooms after we informed reception. Don't except any views or anything but this is to be expected for the affordable pricing of the hotel and the location of the hotel. The buffet breakfast was very nice with a wide selection of food including hot and cold food. The hotel is located in the Anagnina region which is about a 20 minute metro ride from Termini station. The downside is though that the metro is only running until 9pm and the public buses that go to the hotel (2min bus ride) don't run after 9pm or there abouts. The hotel does have it's own shuttle bus service, however the times are quite limited. I mention that the bus ride is a short 2 minutes from Anagnina metro station, sad thing is that you cannot walk from the metro as there is a highway in between and there is absolutely no way to get to the other side (i tried a couple of times). So if you arrive to Rome late at night there is a bus service from Termini that will take you to Anagnina and then you will need to take a taxi from there which will put you out of pocket by about 10euros.
Hotel is also in close proximity to Ciampino airport and has a shuttle service there too.
Staff at the hotel were nice and more often than not had a smile on their face. Would definitely recommend this hotel for people who wish to save some money and not stay in the hustle and bustle of the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank L4ZY_80Y
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We were delighted with the room when we checked in, it really is a lovely modern hotel for the price and although the location is not ideal, the shuttle bus to the airport is only 10 euros per room. We could find only kebab vans and McDonalds close by to eat, as we had arrived too late to eat in the hotel, but the continental breakfast was adequate. The PROBLEM is the car race on the street and carpark outside. Hundreds of people lined the streets to watch from 10pm until the early hours of the morning. Speeding cars and bikes drove round and round, skidding and spinning their wheels.When the really noisy souped up cars cars arrived after midnight, the crowd cheered and clapped for them. Not sure if this occurs every night or if the noise is as bad at the rear of the hotel, but please check before booking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Adeyave
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I cannot recommend this hotel as the service we received was unacceptable. We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights through an online booking site and few days previous to arrival I sent the hotel an email asking them to confirm the booking and to inform them we would arrive late at night. They never bothered to reply. On the day we were due to check in I rang them to tell them what time we would arrive in Rome. Then I am told that there is a problem and they don’t have rooms for us! It was very obvious they had over-booked and decided to book us out to another hotel in the same chain. This was located much further from the airport and I had chosen this hotel as it would be close to the airport and cheap to take a taxi as we arrived in the middle of the night. Now we ended up paying 3 times more for the taxi!

Arriving at the other hotel no-one at reception even seemed to take notice. When we finally get to check-in we have to wait for about 20 minutes and when I ask them what the problem is they tell us they are fully booked! All this time they were very arrogant towards us, never apologized for the inconvenience they caused, nothing! For the following to nights we had to go back to the hotel we booked originally, and first they wanted us to go there by the metro. I said we won’t accept that as we have luggage and this wasn’t our fault but theirs, so they arranged a shuttle for us. I was very upset as we only had 2 days to spend in Rome and now ended up wasting half a day to move hotels!
We never received any sort of compensation or any apologies from anyone. I also had problems with the room as there was something wrong with the AC that made an awful lot of noise (even when turned off) so it was impossible to sleep in the room. When I complained about this I wasn’t taken seriously and the receptionist suggested I open the window a bit (!) like that would solve the problem. Eventually maintenance came and sorted it for me.

The hotel looks nice on the photos as they have refurbished the reception and public areas but the rooms are a bit old and especially the bathrooms. Not 4 star standards. Breakfast was also very poor if you are used to continental or hot.

I am in the hotel business myself and if this hotel is nothing close to a 4 star. I am still upset by the horrible customer service, and having travelled all over the world this is my worst hotel experience ever!

Room Tip: Ask for room at back of hotel as the front is close to busy traffic and very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank MariaBham
Reviewed 7 July 2011

It was first time on my trip, when I haven't room in hotel. I was booked two rooms four month before by hotels own websites and still we haven't rooms. What could I do more??? First night we stayed some hotel about 1,5 km from this and two nights we stay here.

In weekend there are really noisy rally outside, don't even dream to sleep. Luckily it's stopped 1 am.

Hotel itself is good. Rooms are nice and breakfast was ok.

Parking is free. You can't walk to metrostation and you must use bus. If you want to see Rome everyday without car, maybe this isn't right place

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The service is terrible, actually no service at all, the location is very bad, far away from city center, only close to airport, restaurant only for breakfast,, very small, many people including groups, not enough food.
If something is wrong in the room, do not expact that it will be fixed!!
many phones in rooms doesnot work, its always:tomorrow will be fixwd", but they never fix it.
in reception some of the receptionists try to be polite, but their english is terrible!!
This is not a way to welcome tourists!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends