“very bad choice”
Review of Hotel Serena

Hotel Serena
Ranked #407 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Terrible hotel. I traveled in Italy last week, and booked a single room for one night on 23th June in this hotel, unfortunately, my card and cash were stolen, so I emailed them to ask whether they have charged me or whether can allow me to cancel my reservation because I didn't have card nor enough cash to pay, but they didn't reply me at all, then I did not show up. After I came back to Ireland, I found they charged me 70 EURO!!! How can they do like this??!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yezi2014

Reviewed 1 July 2014

So gorgeous and relaxing. The rooms are beautiful, the washrooms are clean and modern, and there is a very effective lock system on all of the doors. There is also an elevator!

The breakfast in the morning is exquisite and the service is excellent. The only downside would be the location - though it was walking distance to the major tourist areas, it's quite far. Get ready to walk. A lot. Good thing: it's very close to the train station, which is a nice way to travel to other parts of the country!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel_Bugger345
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I will start by saying that this hotel is a beautifully done up with neat amenities.. Clean rooms, well lit and carpetted alleys, with an old world elevator. We stayed for our honeymoon on 11th may to 14th may.. The desk manager was very kind to offer us the room, before the check in time of 1.30 pm. We were very happy with this and the staffs were actually apologetic for not getting the room arranged!! my personal appreciation for the warm behaviour. The property is well kept and the bathrooms are adequte.. The complimentary breakfast is enjoyable with good juices, yoghurts and breads.. Close to termini station, Hotel Serena is a place to come back again..

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side is peaceful..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was nice to have a lift for my luggage but I took the stairs most of the time. Great friendly staff. Nice to be only a few minute walk from the train station. It took me a while to find it upon my arrival but great after that. Great restaurants right outside. Great shower. You need to be careful of people trying to get into your backpack or pockets in that area. Someone tried it with me. My money was around my neck so I was fine. They have breakfast included. It was nice to have a yogurt and pastry.

Room Tip: I looked at 2 rooms before agreeing to one. It was almost sold out, but I wanted to see if I had a c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Location is just perfect! It's only a 1 minute away from the main Termini station, it means you're connected with all sorts of transportation: met, tram, bus...and if you're coming from the airport you have a direct express train that will leave you on this station...Most of the city attractions are on a walking distance from the hotel, and if you have enough time that's definitly the best way to see and enjoy the best of Rome! Breakfast was excellent! Cereals, ham, cheese, 2 or 3 sorts of bread, fruit, some italian specialities like panetone etc. The bedroom was clean and spacious, with clean towels every day...definitly reccomend this hotel!!! There's only one thing we didn't like: the wi-fi was weak, sometimes it showed full signal but didn't work, sometimes there was no signal etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Location is excellent, very near Termini. Room was OK, nice bathroom and bed, no weird smells out damaged goods. Front desk guy was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a nice surprise! Lots of pastry to choose from and variety, just make sure you go early because there's not a lot of space. Only downside was the WiFi, it wasn't working .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rui S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I would definitely stay at Serena again. This is a small boutique hotel. Marco at the front desk is wonderful. The young lady who runs the morning breakfast is cordial and accommodating. The location is great. The breakfast was filling and good, more like a continental breakfast in the States. 5 minute walk to train station. Great walking and exploring along the way to the historical sites. We walked 7 to 8 hours a day. Amazing what you discover down those small, narrow side roads. There is a laundry mat next to hotel. It's safe and 3.50 Euros each to wash and dry -- takes an hour and you have to buy soap. We walked to the Vatican, which took about :45 minutes and we walked to the Sunday Flea Market, also :45 from hotel. Street lined with restaurants and there were plenty from which to choose within a :15 minute walk from hotel. We tried many restaurants during our 5-day stay, but we found The Electra Restaurant, which was down a few doors from Serena had excellent food. By far the best we had in Rome and the price was competitive.

So definitely yes for Serena Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a larger shower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple