“Great discovery”

Ranked #156 of 3,644 Rome B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Great discovery”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Ruggero is the most perfect host you can find: generous, available, facilitating your trip in Italie even after you left his B&B. The room is clean and so near from the Vatican that we would not be surprised that even the Pope would stay there once and a while! We recommend this B&B that will contribute to the overall success of your trip in Rome. Thanks Ruggero for everything.
Louis Senécal from Montréal Canada

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lousenlou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Bangkok
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I stayed at AGV 2001 with my 6 year old son for six nights during the first week of April 2011. I cannot say enough good things about Ruggero and this B&B! This was my first experience at staying in a B&B. As an expat living in Asia I’m used to staying in style in fancy hotels but couldn’t afford this in Europe so went for B&Bs rather than cheap hotels and I’m so glad I did.

Ruggero provided us with lots of information and suggestions of things to do, sights to see and places to visit. He gave us a map and drew on the bus stops, what bus numbers to take, recommended restaurants, etc. He lives in the B&B (in a private area downstairs) and all you had to do was pick up the intercom if you wanted to know anything else and he’d come up.

The B&B was in a great location and everything was within easy distance for my son to walk. It was only a few minutes walk to the Vatican Museum’s entrance and about 10 minutes walk to St Peter’s Square. There were several small supermarkets within a couple of minutes walk as well as a market with fresh produce around the corner (good for buying picnic food). There was also a Laundromat near the market (closed on Wednesdays). The bus stops and Metro station were all close by. We arrived at the airport after dark so Ruggero arranged a taxi pick-up service for the same price as a regular taxi which was fantastic as I wasn’t keen on making my own way in an unfamiliar city at that time of night after a long flight. When we left the B&B we took the metro to the main train station with no problems at all. The local Metro station is one with a lift so you don’t need to worry about carrying suitcases up and down stairs.

The rooms in the B&B were great. Obviously not 5 star luxury but perfectly adequate, clean, roomy and comfortable. The beds were comfortable enough and it was very quiet during the night (and day) so we had good sleeps. The simple breakfasts were fine and there was more than enough food to fill you up. The fridge and computer with Internet access in the shared area were great.

This B&B was the cheapest of the three I stayed in while in Italy and by far the best value. The others were good as well (see my reviews) but my son and I both especially liked Ruggero’s place – my son wants to go back to Rome just so he can visit Ruggero he loved him so much!

Thanks for the great place to stay, Ruggero! And thank you for the bottle of wine – I brought it all the way back to Thailand with me and shared it with my friends who all loved it!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Melanie C
Kraków, Polska
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My Mom and I stayed at AGV 2001 for 5 nights.The location is absolutely the best for sightseeing, public transport is easily accessible. Ruggero and his wife were very helpful with advice on how to get around and where to go.Room was clean, comfortable with a ensuite. We had free use of the kitchen.
I would recommended this B&B to anyone going to Rome to sight see!!!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank MartaKRK
agv2001, Proprietario at Rome Vatican B&B, responded to this review, 19 April 2011
Dear Marta
My wife and I want to thank you for your words but, above all, we were really happy to help you enjoy our wonderful city. Your pleasure is our pleasure. We hope to meet you and your mother again, be it here in Rome or in Krakow. Greetings from Rome!!!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2011

The B&B is in a fantastic location,5 minutes from the Vatican museums and less than 10 from St Peter's. Cipro is the closest metro again, only 5 minutes walk away.There's a fabulous indoor market just around the corner where you can shop with the locals and also get superb takeaway food. Ruggero and his wife are great hosts and will do anything to make your stay memorable. I have recomended AGV 2001 to friends and family thats how good I rate it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BarryPeaden
Grasse, France
Reviewed 26 March 2011

A group of us stayed here for the Rome Marathon and Ruggero was amazing, booking a taxi to pick us up at the airport,a table at a restaurant for us, contacting the lost baggage service and getting up at 03h00 to reception the suitcase. He went out of his way to help us in every possible way, more like a friend / family, making us feel at home !

Very easy access to public transport , wonderful street markets just nearby, great places to eat. Ruggero gave us lots of suggestions for sightseeing, places to eat and the best bus routes. We all plan on coming back to spend more time here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My partner and I stayed there for 3 nights in March. Amazing location, close to metro, vatican, museums etc... The rooms were very nice, cozy, clean and the kitchen area was well equipped. The owners, Ruggero and Barbara, were very warm, welcoming and helpful, and were really happy to help us plan our outings to see the best of Rome.
Would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
TA
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Cozy 3 rooms B&B (close to cipro metro), few steps from the Vatican Museum.
A warm, knowledgeable and very helpful owner. Extraordinary readiness to help with any question and giving recommendations for off the beaten track places of interest and how to get there in the most convenient way.
The B&B is very close to transportation means and also to a covered market, supermarkets, a bakery, pizza places, gelateries and restaurants.
We had a pleasant homey stay (6 nights) in this B&B and would definitely come back in the future!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple