“Awesome Value in Rome - Best host anywhere - great location - awesome budget B&B”
Review of Rome Vatican B&B

Rome Vatican B&B
Ranked #96 of 3,781 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Ruggerio is an terrific host and a wonderful human being. He will do whatever is necessary to make your stay wonderful. He'll take time to outline the best places to see, the best restaurants, the best museums, and the best sites. If you need something he'll take care of you.

It's important to note that this is a budget B&B. It is not luxorious. It is clean and comfortable. The climate control is very effective.

Rome is an expensive city. The AGV B&B is not expensive. It's location is perfect for visiting the Vatican Museums. There were some things that we didn't like about the neighborhood. For example, there were many piles of dog feces on the sidewalks in the neighborhood. This is more of a problem with the local government than the B&B.

The one negative review indicated that there was laundry hanging out the outside deck and there were dishes in the sink We saw some of this at times, but didn't see it as a major issue. Our towels, clothes, bathroom, and room was very clean.

We stayed only for 1 night. We plan to return and stay longer. Ruggerio's personal touch makes this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I and my family spend three nights in this nice, clean and comfortable B&B. It is situated very close to the Vatican museums . Also there is a metro and bus station nearby.The owner of the B&B Ruggero is welcoming and very helpfull to everyone of his guests .He is answering on all your questions and give very usefull tips ( and the names of the restaurants - ask for one which is the nearest and owned by one nice lady , the meal is very tasty there .)
There is internet , satellite TV . You can buy something extra and keep it in the fridge in the kitchen .
After our intensive days we had a good rest at night , the beds were comfortable and it wasn't noisy outside.
We will definitely recommend AGV 2001 to all our friends .

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We recently spent two nights at AGV 2001. It was my wife's second time in Rome and my first, so she had a good perspective on B and B experiences. AGV 2001 is clean, close to public transportation, and easy walking distance to the Vatican. Importantly, especially in Rome , it was on a quiet street. Ruggero is a wonderful, helpful host who works hard at making sure your travels are well mapped. If we get back to Rome we would stay with Ruggero without hesitation.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We just returned from Rome.
This is a great place to stay away from home. The owners are friendly, very accomodating, and helpful. They have a little girl who is a cutie.
Close to everything, B & B is the place to be.

Patrizia from Texas, USA

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed at this B&B for 3 nights in this August and think it was the best hotel experience during our two-weeks Italy trip. Very conveniently located, clean and quiet, with air-conditioner and free Internet access.
But the special thanks are to Ruggero, the host, who was exceedingly helpful and gave us many valuable advises by email even before we came to Italy, and helped to plan our trip a lot. In Roma he helped us to plan every day of our stay with printouts, bus routes, museum reservations.

We highly recommend this place to everybody.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed one week in Roma at AGV 2001 B&B. It's very well located, 5 min walk to metro, and near Vatican. The room was air-conditioned, clean, bed linen regularly changed. Breakfast is really simple and can be eaten on the nice little terrace.
But the best was our host, Ruggero, who always tried to make sure that we enjoyed our holidays in Roma: he gave us good tips, maps, indicated bus lines to join areas, which don't have metro service and made even reservations for us for museum.
Of course this is not a four star hotel but this place is very warm, friendly and is probably one of the best value for money that we can find in Roma.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I recently stayed 3 nights at AGV 2001 as part of a 50th birthday gift to myself. I was traveling alone so location and price were important to me. I found this B&B to be an exceptional value. The B&B is close to public transportation (metro red line) so it is easy to get to all of the important sites. Upon arrival, Ruggerio gave me maps with detailed information on the bus lines. He also recommended a fantastic pizzeria with a wood burning stove. I felt the restaurant was very reasonable for Rome.
AGV 2001 is located only a few minutes from the Vatican. I would suggest you take advantage of the location and see Saint Peters after 6 pm. There was hardly a sole there at that time! I walked right in...no lines. It is also very beautiful at this time of day. I felt completely safe staying in this neighborhood and going out for after dark dinners.
My room was large by European standards and the bathroom well lit and modern. The air conditioning was heaven as it was VERY HOT during my stay in Rome. The room was also perfectly quiet at night...double pane windows perhaps?
Breakfast was typical, bread, juice etc... The best part for me was Ruggerio. He is a hard worker and yet makes himself available to his guests. I got quite ill while in Italy and was at a loss as to what to do in a foreign country. I followed Ruggerio's advice and saw a doctor at the pharmacy. Thirteen euros later I had the antibiotics I so desperately needed for my sore throat and swollen glands! Thanks to Ruggerio! I suppose you could stay in a hotel and have 24 hour service and pay 300 euro...but why???? My cost for a single was 45 euro a night! This was the least a paid for a room during the 2 weeks I spent in Italy. If I return to Rome, I would most definitely stay at the AGV 2001 again!
One more thing...BUY A ROMA PASS! You can purchase one at the news stand in Termini Station. With it, you walk past ALL of the people in line at the Colosseum and enter directly. People were in line for hours. You can also use it for discounts on other sites and it includes transportation for 3 days...you don't have to worry about buying tickets for buses and the metro. BUY IT!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo