Lowest prices for your stay
US$215
Hotels.comUS$226
eDreamsUS$215
TravelocityUS$226
1,221 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2019

The hotel is well placed for visiting the tourist spots of Rome. The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon for example are about 15 minutes walk, the walk to the Colosseum took me about 25 minutes, the Vatican is a bit further.

Check in and check out were friendly and efficient. No mistakes with the bill. Portering staff also pleasant and helpful.

The room and en suite were clean and the bed comfortable but the room was very small. There were only 3 hangers in the wardrobe which was inadequate. As is usual in Italy there were no tea and coffee making facilities. The safe was free and did work.

I had planned to use the restaurant on one night but it was closed all the time I was there. Food apparently was available in the Blue Bar but the couple of times I went in it was empty and frankly looked quite depressing. I therefore ate out every night and there is a good selection of decent restaurants within a short walk from the hotel.

Breakfast was a typical Italian hotel buffet, pastries, bread, fruit, yoghurt etc; plus scrambled and little sausages if you wanted something hot. Coffee was nothing special.

I found the waiting staff to be uncommunicative. On the first morning they were serving coffee to the tables, it took a considerable time before anyone came to ask if I wanted coffee and a considerable time for it to come.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EnochOllier
Silvano_FOM, Responsabile reception at Empire Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2019

Dear EnochOllier thank you for taking time to review our hotel !

We really appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff to improve our services.

See you on your next time in Rome

Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

Lovely comfortable hotel in a good location. We used the metro at Barberini to get to the Spanish steps and walked home from the Trevi fountain. Close to Termini train stations and we found the hotel staff pretty friendly and helpful. They organised taxis for us and happily took our luggage up. Room was a bit small but clean and well appointed and great shower pressure. Lots of great little cafes and restaurants in the streets nearby. We had a great time.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank fionaj1234
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This was a nice hotel in Rome which is located near alot of restaurants and shopping. It was clean, but I have seen better. We were with a group, so I don't know the cost, but as long as it is inexpensive, it's an ok place to stay

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank GailMassachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Friendly hotel, happy very obliging staff, comfortable beds, very good dinning. Excellent location, walking distance to many attaction and shopping + local dinning options. Would most certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018
3  Thank dianne h
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I had a single room which was very small with no room to open my suitcase. I ended up putting it against the door as there was nowhere else to open it. Apart from that, the room was comfortable with a decent closet, a safe and pleasant decor.
The room had a decent sized bathroom, with an actual vanity with room for my toiletries and makeup bags. The shower was person-sized with the best water pressure of all the hotels I stayed in through Italy.
The bed was clean and comfortable and the room, facing out to a side street was quiet.
I went to the restaurant for dinner one night and had a nice meal. The service was okay, but I waited a long time for my bill, eventually going up to the counter and asking for it when the waitress showed up again from wherever she had been.
Breakfast was okay, with pastries, cereals, yogurt, meats and cheeses, scrambled eggs and bacon to choose from. Nothing exceptional, but it was fine for me and it was nice to not have to go out looking for somewhere to have breakfast.
Location was good. I walked with my bags from Roma Termini train station as Google maps told me it would take 10 minutes. Make it 15-20 sweaty minutes and if you have bags, take a taxi. I caught a taxi back to the train station to take the Leonardo Express to the airport and it cost me €8.00, which I felt was money well spent.
From the hotel it was about a 20 minute walk to Trevi Fountain and half an hour to the Colosseum. Having walked all over Florence and the Cinque Terre, the walk was a breeze!

Date of stay: October 2018