Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
US$1,094
US$598
  • Restaurant
2,345 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat poolmodern designthe main railway stationsuperior roomclose to terminicity breaksight seeingon footcentre of romemain attractionstrevi fountaincolosseumproseccosightsroma
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Area: directly next to the railway station, not close to any of the major sights, not exactely the best area in town.

Parking: If you drive a nice car, use one of the guarded parking structures. There is one right next to the hotel's official parking structure which costs only half as much.

Room: awful outlook over the railway lines. When we arrived the room was rather dirty, apparently there were no other rooms available, so we had to wait until the maid recleaned the room. The shower is in the middle of the room, right behind the bed - futuristic? yes. A good idea - not at all. Sink btw is also not in the bathroom but behind the bed. The rooms are quite small too. Hated the glass doored bathroom. Bed was comfy. No workspace at all in the room.

The room has a tiny wardrobe and a clothes rail next to the shower.

Breakfast was very good (probably the only reason to stay there), view from the rooftop terrace was very charming.

I've been in 6 Radisson Blue hotels so far, not all of the were great, but this is the only one I'd strongly advise against booking..

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank br72CH
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear guest,
we are sorry for your complaint and your viewpoint. We always take suggestions from our guests, so we thank you for taking the time of your review.
Let me share some thoughts with you.
The hotel is really conveniently located near the railway station: this means that our guest can reach the hotel in 30 min from Fiumicino airport, and they can take a train for other destinations in 5 minutes. The hotel is also near to the most beautiful place in Rome: Colosseum and Fori Imperiali (20 minute walk), Spanish Step and Pantheon (30 min walking), San Peter’s basilica 6 stops with subway line A (200 mt. from hotel). And we have an ancient roman street in the lobby.
We are sorry for the room problem, probably you arrived before the check-in time (14 pm) and unfortunately there wasn’t any available cleaned room. Standard rooms have the shower in the middle of the room, as a raft, and the size is in average (25 mq): if you will come again, we suggest you to find a junior suite, more spacious for your needs.
Thank you for your nice words about our super buffet breakfast.
Best regards

Gianluca Capone

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The surrounding streets are intimidating, with open drug dealing nearby. A local guide commented that the hotel is in the only dangerous area in central Rome. I witnessed other guests being hassled by local youths, touting for unlicensed taxis, directly outside the hotel entrance. There is no visible hotel security in this area.

That poor start was reinforced by a room with an awful outlook over the railway lines. We were able to move rooms, but the shower in the next room, located in the middle of the room, surrounded by a curtain, was held together with string and only operated in freezing or scalding. The glass doored enclosed area of the bathroom, with broken fittings, afforded almost no privacy. The hairdryer was also broken.

The bed was reasonable, but for the business traveller there is almost no usable workspace, with the only seating an unstable chaise longue.

It was not possible safely to plug in the kettle, there is no flat space around the sink for make-up or shaving products, and the whole room was shabby, with water damage to the ceiling and gouged and marked walls.

The room has a tiny wardrobe, which wouldn't stay closed, and a clothes rail. The latter is within the splash zone around the shower.

On returning to the hotel the next day, my flight bag had been interfered with. It may be that this was simply a result of it falling over, since nothing appeared to be missing (my valuables were on my person), but this was the final straw and we moved to another hotel immediately.

So why isn't this a one star? We were met with prosecco, the staff were helpful and pleasant, and the rooftop dining terrace, around the pool, is delightful, as was the food. The hotel desperately needs a full room refit, although this would do nothing to alleviate the surroundings.

Room Tip: Half of all rooms overlook the railway station. Ask for one that doesn't. Or find a better hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jon0n0n
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest,
first of all we really thank you for the nice words about our welcoming service, and for your comments about service staff and our special cuisine.
We are sorry for all the inconveniences you’ve incurred in, because when a guest is not satisfied it’s a terrible defeat for us.
We understand that your standard room was not comfortable for your need, and we are pleased to inform you that we offer to our guest some different typolpgies of rooms – junior suites for example are more spacious and the new renovated superior rooms have a comfortable chair and a long desk.
But reading your review, I understand that you didn’t like our style at all, and probably you were searching for a more classic hotel. We advertise our hotel as a design hotel, in every OTA and web site there are a lot of images of the rooms, in order to inform our future guests.

Your local guide has been a little bit untruthful regarding the unsafeness of this area comparison of other centre city areas. And we never know about any problem occurred to our guests or to our staff. Unauthorized taxi drivers are everywhere, at the railway station and in Spanish steps as well: this is Rome! And for inform other travellers, we have a 24/7 security system, with security cams.
I am disturbed for your words about the luggage: your accusation is grave and very damaging for our reputation. We can fail in service, we can make mistakes in welcoming, but no one of my staff is a thief . This is not the right way to complain.
Best regards

Gianluca Capone
general Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Major renovation specially on the guest rooms needed! Service is good bur without a good product there is not much you can do. Location is perfect, near Termini, exteriors are wonderful. I accidently spend a night here do to an over booking and openly complained about it at my original hotel. I am very happy that it was only one night.

Room Tip: Overall renovation needed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked two nights on two different dates at this hotel to use it as a stop off place en route to Sorrento. Chose it for it's nearness to the Termini station where we were catching trains from. I bought the rooms from an Internet auction site at good value prices but dealt directly with the hotel to confirm reservations. I had two different dates and two different reservation numbers.
On arrival at the hotel after a long and arduous journey for our first booking, we were told our booking for this date was notin their system -they only had details of our second booking. And the hotel was full! I had all my email confirmation details with me and the name of the reservations person who had confirmed the booking but they had no room. This was alarming as it was 9 pm at night and we had nowhere to stay. Furthermore we needed to be on a train the following morning at 10 am. On reflection, when dealing with the reservations department I had had to email them several times before I got replies. I had emailed them two days before our arrival for this visit and had had no reply! The hotel receptionist was very apologetic and eventually managed to find us a room in a hotel at the other side of Rome . They offered to pay for a taxi to get us there and I insisted they paid our taxi back the next morning so we could catch our train. This was agreed. I asked for the manager's email address and checked our return booking.
In the week away from the hotel I emailed the manager explaining what had happened and asking for some kind of compensation for our distress. He replied after two days. He apologised for what had happened and said he could not explain what had happened and would not even try to make excuses. He offered us a free upgrade on our return to a deluxe suite and three free drinks each. ( We were supposed to get two free drinks each anyway on our offer!)
On our return visit, we were given the promised deluxe suite. It was very nice. On the sixth floor, with a balcony, two bathrooms, a seating area, dressing gowns and slippers, lovely toiletries and a jacuzzi bath , which didn't work! When it got dark we realised that the lights on the balcony and on one side of the room were not working. We called reception and a maintenance man eventually fixed it. Wouldn't you have thought the room would have been in perfect working order for us after our already dodgy experience ? The pool on the roof was lovely and the bar area pleasant both day and night. The staff were attentive and the drinks were nicely presented and served ( even though they were pricey, but we weren't paying!). Breakfast was a veritable feast with a wonderful selection of food. Restaurant staff kept tables cleared and things ran smoothly at a busy time.
I did speak to the manager to thank him for his intervention. He was visiting the pool area and when I approached him and thanked him he knew my name. He was very apologetic and said on any future visits to Rome I was to deal with him personally. I would go back there. It was a lovely hotel and although the area around it is edgy it is so convenient for the station and metro system.
Just get your reservation department sorted out Fabrizio !

Room Tip: Check your reservation before you go!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank retracenna
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights and it was great. Nice, clean, comfortable room, fast WiFi when needed, friendly staff. Also easy location for getting to the sights of Rome. Lovely atmosphere at the pool, with a large menu selection, albeit quite expensive. Yes I will acknowledge that the area is not the nicest of Rome, but we had no problems with anyone around the area, and it was still walking distance to most major attractions, or a train station if you don’t like walking.
Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William M
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear William,
thank you for your taking time of this review. Your description about our hotel and the surrounding area is perfect. We truly appreciate that you’ve highlighted our friendly staff, the professional housekeeping staff and the convenient location.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your wife again