“Comfort near Termini”

Ranked #537 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Comfort near Termini”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

A very nice modern hotel when you want full comfort near the Termini Train station. Helpful staff modern comforts, and very well maintained. It met all my needs for a stay just after my long flight from New York.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The location of this hotel has its positives as it is close to the train station so it means that you arrive at the airport, get the train and you are pretty much there. Bad points are that the area surrounding the hotel are horrible and at times I felt unsafe especially at night even though I did not take a handbag.
This is not the hotels fault of course!!

In terms of the hotel staff they were great but the room had its drawbacks, the lights didn't work, the shower leaked, the cupboard door did not close properly and the front door didn't lock to which all needed attention.

The spa facilities were average with the Jacuzzi not working and cold. Pool terrace was nice for a drink in the evening.
On the whole I would skip this hotel next time as there seemed to be a lot better hotels which are more centrally located and will not be as noisy.

1 Thank 356Rachael

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on a long weekend in Rome. It is close to the Termini train statin which itself is only 30 minutes from the airport so the connections worked fine. It is a new modern hotel and the staff are really helpful, friendly and welcoming. They helped us locate some restaurants nearby and let us have a later check out on the Sunday to accommondate our extra sight seeing requirements. The rooms are great with a big bed and a shower on a central dias which was fun. We were on a room only basis which was great for our non stop walking tour of Rome so we didn't try the breakfast or restaurant but we did go to the bar on 7th floor for a night cap one evening which was spectacular. There are some great little restaurants near by but on the second evening we discovered that it is only a 25 minute walk into Rome where all the little restaurants are in cobble streets and more atmosphere.

Room Tip: Check out the bar on 7th floor which is really good.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I am a Carlson club member and this was the reason why I decided to go for this hotel despite number of bad reviews I read on trip advisor. Thought my gold status would do me some good.

First of all, location is really shady and unsafe but something I was willing to give up as this was opposite the central station. Anyway, when we checked in, they made us wait for a long time till we were given a room. I was assured that given my membership with Carlson, they will make it up with a good room. However, I got a standard room. The rooms are really badly designed with a shower in the middle of the room with no door and rest of the room looked like a space shuttle. The switches to the lights were right at my head of the bad that at night my hands would just touch it and all the lights will lit on and spoil the sleep. On the first night of our stay, the staff were talking so loudly on our floor at midnight that it disturbed our sleep. I woke up and had to step out to request them to keep it low. I tried to call reception but no one would pick up to receive our complaint. I woke up so tired ! The only reason I chose this hotel was to have a place to crash - given Rome has so much to do that we didn't plan on staying in the room at all. But even sleep wasn't good enough.

The breakfast in the morning has a good spread but it is a bit of chaos. The manager was struggling to get the tables cleaned and made people wait to get them seated for a long time.

The good side is that the reception staff is good and friendly and helped us well with the concierge services (although the reception is so badly designed that you don't want to wait there!).

So, if you find other hotels at the same rate (which you will as this one is not too cheaply priced!), please go for the others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mumbai,India
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Radisson is a good place to stay - the rooms are good - the breakfast spread is great. It also is very close to the station - so if you are heading out of Rome - might be a good place to stay.

However the hotel is not at a walkable distance to the sights of Rome and staying near the Termini is not recommended as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was our first time to Rome. At first the hotel seems very charming. We stayed here for 4 nights. We had to call guest service the 2 nd day because they never gave us fresh coffee or tea bags for the morning. It took them 40 minutes to respond. We had to call them multiple times to get anything. The location is great, next to the train station and the pool was closed while we were there. They overcharged me on my bill at check out time as well. I had that corrected. We had a an excellent time in Rome but I would skip this hotel.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed for 1 night on our return trip from Marrakech to Athens. We like modern style hotels and it is quite difficult to find such hotels in Rome. Radisson Blue es is one of those. Centrally located near Roma Termini and close to Vittorio Emmanuelle Metro Station the hotel is ideal when returning with Leonardo Express from the airport and has easy access for Rome City Centre . Rooms are quite big and modern furnished. We arrived very late and although hotel was quite full we were offered an upgrade to a suite witch was on the 6th floor (Room 612) and had a perfect veranda.
Breakfast if fine but not excellent and the 7th floor restaurant offers a variety of plates in good quality and prices serving until 2300 . We paid 65 Euros for 2 person (No WIne)
It is for sure a good choice if you are looking for modern and large rooms in Rome.

Room Tip: Get a Business Room or a 6th floor suite