Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
US$954
US$468
  • Restaurant
2,340 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat poolmodern designthe main railway stationsuperior roomclose to terminicity breaksight seeingon footcentre of romemain attractionstrevi fountaincolosseumproseccosightsroma
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We enjoyed good service in a stylish hotel, well located for visiting the sights of Rome. We enjoyed several dinners in the restaurant which were served with great care, charm and knowledge of the food and wine. This was excellent and I am happy to recommend you to others.
We had a couple of items in the room that needed attention. These were rectified in minutes with a smile and a genuine apology.
The location is really useful. Good easy connection to the airport by train from the closest platform and easy access to the Rome metro system which whisks you over to the Vatican Museums in less than half an hour. Didn't feel intimidated by its city centre location.
One of the best breakfast services I've ever experienced - huge choice of dishes and a glass of chilled Prosecco to make it all feel quite special.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room. Very quiet despite the hotel's location alongside the main railway station.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Tomas,
thank you for taking the time of sharing your experience with us.
Thank you for suggesting the best way to reach st. Peter from our hotel.
We hope to welcome you soon
best regards

Gianluca Capone

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:

- Close to train station and metro
- Clean room
- The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job on daily cleanups

Cons
- area is not that great, do not walk around at night take a taxi
- bed is soo hard
- no iron for rooms
- very small
- too modern in business suit (not private for toiletries

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for appreciating our convenient location and the cleaning staff.
Regarding the size of the room please note that they are in average size of italian standard and in our hotel is there a dedicated room with irons on the third floor. I am sorry that my staff didn't inform you about.
We hope to welcome you again in Rome.
Best regard

Gianluca Capone

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband whisked me away to rome for my birthday and to add to the surprise booked a 5* hotel. WoW right? As we whers driving to the hotel I was looking at my husband and thinking this place looks really dodgy really run down area. We got to thd hotel and we where not greeted had to
unload our suitcases, we then had to que at the must tacky looking receiption desk ever. We should have been shown to a seat and asked to wait(I'm not a snob but 5* hotel you should be made to feel like royalty from arrival). We eventually checked in(after being sent to our room to find housekeeping still cleaning and had to take our own bags up and down and up to room again this is not 5* service) and got to our 5* room NOT-
*no toilet roll holder
*rug in room dirty dirty dirty
*mini bar not complimentary and HOT
*2 bottlez complimentary water but only on first day never replenished
*no mirrors part from bathroom but no plugs so to straighten my hair I had to stand at the bathroom door and try to see mirror, couldnt sit put make up on had to stand in bathroom
*leather head boards dirty/stained
*bed comfy
*pillows hard and lumpy
*bedding not white or crisp more old and discoloured
*room not the cleanest-it is clean but not spotless
*air con switch broke
*decor horrible
*restaurant food and cocktails yum
*great pool
*requested a late check out but was disturbed by house keeping 3 times even with do not disturb sign on door
No effort made from hotel to wish me a happy birthday(not that I was worried but it was a big birthday and my husband did declare this on booking).
Staff where ok. Area looks really rough with lots of rubbish everywhere but was actaully ok.
I have stayed in 5* hotels all over the world this being the worst, I've also stayed in no star hotels in spain that have better service than this hotel.
my impression of a 5* hotel whether in las vegas, sidney, new york, uk, or dubi every customer gets the vip/5* treatment this is not the case here.

Room Tip: Not 5* book somewhere else if you want 5* treatment
Reviewed 2 July 2014

One of my more interesting hotel stays. First, the location is problematic--some good ethnic groceries and shops, BUT some really run-down areas too, lots of graffiti (not art, just defacement), BUT it is very near the underground, HOWEVER, we were followed from the hotel to the underground--a little scary. The room, too, is problematic--the "wall" between the bath and the bed is transparent, and the "wall" between the toilet and the bath is translucent, so there's no privacy if there are two in the room. There's a bidet.
BUT the bed is comfortable, there's a cool switch at the head of the bed (which is shaped like a ski slope) that activates the black-out shades to lower, so there is absolute blackness for great sleeping. There's a cappuccino maker in room as well as an electric tea kettle with teas, coffees and all the essentials. The room was clean and well-made up each day. The staff was polite, cheerful and accommodating.
The pool on the roof is well-done, surrounded by greenery--in the evenings, the restaurant and bar out around the pool gives a beautiful atmosphere. The food in the restaurant is very good, in very small portions, at an impressive (high) price--but romantic by the pool.
All in all, it was a comfortable room (bed and cleanliness) at a decent price for a room in Rome in June.

Room Tip: I always prefer higher floors.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed with my granddaughter (20) in this hotel from 23-28 June 2014 and was extremely disappointed with its location. Definitely not a safe place to be staying or indeed strolling about. attempted to leave on one occasion but returned to reception and requested a cab to get us away as the locals made us feel very unsafe. hotel rooms were "tired" needed decorated, patio doors would not open without extreme strength. Bath (jacuzzi) switches were actually broken and the spray hose actually came off the bath. we were upgraded to Juniour Suite - but since the toilet door was obscured glass only - privacy is definitely something that Radisson Architect has definitely not thought about when designing this particular hotel. So very very disappointed as we have been particularly happy with this chain in both London and Paris.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you have children - definitely no facilities. location is particularly grim, whilst the hotel is quite ultra modern. Rooftop pool is lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family