“4 stars, no way! Radisson, no way!”

Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
Ranked #517 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel 2 years ago for the first time, and that was a disaster. Service rude and room in poor condition. Got a cheap price, so decided to give it another go. I'm sorry to say; this hotel is very far from Radisson standard that I am wondering: how is this possible.
We had requested a twin bed room. Double with one cover we got. We called the reception twice for another cover, no action taken. The same way of giving non service happened the last time. That time, we had dirty linen on our beds.
Anyway, my friend ran after a cleaner in the hall, for another cover. She was given a blanket with no linen. At that point, when I saw the irritated expression on the cleaners face, I raised my voice and then she set the linen on the blanket. Against her will, as was shown on her face. No one came to offer the other cover that evening.

The room: bathtub filthy and rotten. Musty smell in the room. Paint worn off the walls. Light switch to the toilet hanged on the wall, from a few electric wires. Moisture damage in the roof. My cover in the bed was full of dark spots of some kind of dirt. The beds were hard, pillows not what I am used to in a Radisson hotel. Limp.
Breakfast assortment was good, but the warm food was not fried, it was boiled. Eg. the bacon. Not eatable. We were not offered coffee or tea, which I noticed some other guests did.
Nice cold cuts, fruit and juices though. All in all; not a total disaster, but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Worn out and damaged building and staff so full of themselves, they have no idea WHY they are working there; customer service. And I do think this Radisson does not fit the brand quality promises at all.
With good service can many lacks be forgiven, this hotel does not get any. So sorry.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,254)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was good, great to have a pool in central Rome. Pro .... near Termini so easy for the metro. Con....near Termini so as in cities train stations attract some odd people
Certainly wouldn't have walked by the station late evening. That said hang a left instead of right when exiting hotel and go nowhere near it! I would return if I visit visit Rome again. Disappointed the hotel, given its rating, did not acknowledge my birthday, there again my partner did so that was more important!!

Room Tip: Front facing, rear rooms look towards train lines
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIrch-house-21
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel is very close in walking distance to the Termini Train Station and plenty of shops and restaurants all in walking distance. Perfect for our family travel need plus more, especially we got promo for two nights and the last night free.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week in this hotel with 2 young adult children. The hotel is in a sketchy part of young alongside a large train depot. The lobby and rooms are very run down and worn looking. The lobby attendants were quite rude and not helpful at all. On our last day in Rome, we were all exhausted and they were painting something that had the most horrible smell. Many families were awaken at 5 am and were in the lobby complaining. I got such a bad headache. The front desk was telling everyone it wasn't dangerous and to go back to the room. Unfortunately you could stay in the room. The pool and restaurant were on the roof, they would not open the area for people to sit.
The rooms, although they looked 'funky' on the website were very worn and totally dysfunctional to live in.
I would not recommend this hotel for any reason. Location, service and comfort VERY POOR.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our first time in Rome. We had a very pleasant stay, the breakfast was excellent, lovely to sit in the sun by the rooftop pool, especially after a hot day sightseeing. Hotel is well positioned for the station & Metro

Room Tip: Have a room away from the station side of the Hotel
1  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my second stay in this hotel, and I am very pleased again. Nice, modern room, lovely pool on the roof top, good selection of various types of breakfast (perfect option with Roman breakfast for someone who likes coffee and croissant - only 6 Euro). Clean, cool, efficient.
Perfect location if you need to catch a train - only minutes away from Termini.
RECCOMENDATION - USE THE HOTEL CAR TO THE AIRPORT. Its only 5 euro more than regular cab, but its brand new, fresh smelling Mercedes, with professional driver. Cab drivers in Rome talk on their cellphones, eat while driving, and swear enough to make you want to run away.
Me and my daughter were warned about the "unsafe" area around and advised to use taxi only (not walk). The first day I honestly couldn't understand why, the streets were clean and quite but the day after there were some people having fight (obviously intoxicated). Alltogether opinion - not to worry. Rome is a massive city, and just like New York, London, Paris it will have areas where wearing your Rolex and Gucci handbag at night is not the smartest thing to do after midnight. Compared to Naples (which we visited as well) this area was an oasis of calm.

1  Thank THREOslo
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time of this review.
We are happy to know you are satisfied!
thank you for advising the other travellers about the area and the breakfast.
We hope to welcome you again
best regards

Gianluca Capone
Generala Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend a few weeks ago. Mixed feelings on the place and to be honest in my opinion it seemed to be the management which was the problem. The rest of the staff were lovely, especially the reception staff.

Checked in on the Friday afternoon and on the Saturday morning we woke up to a leak just outside the toilet door. We reported this straight away and headed out for the day after being told this would be repaired by the time we returned. We arrived back later that day and reported to reception where we were informed it had been sorted. Unfortunately this wasn't the case as all that had been done was a few towels had been laid down. We informed reception and they moved us to another room. Only problem with this was that we were downgraded to a standard room with the promise of a junior suite for the next night. This was fine as apparently they were fully booked and the suite was lovely but 3 different rooms over 4 nights isn't what you'd expect from any hotel.

The pool is lovely except I do have to agree with other reviews reporting rudeness from one of the male managers up there - very rude and unfriendly. Came marching over to us one day demanding to know our room number and on another occasion got our bill wrong and insisted he was right. Upon correctly adding up our order and informing him of the correct amount we received no apology just a grunt. Personally I think he had a problem with most people, especially his staff after the way we saw him talking to them as well.

Was queueing at reception on a few occasions where we overheard a few peoples conversations with the staff. One couple were complaining of a sewage smell, which was always very strong around the toilets in the reception, and another complaining about a leak - surely they hadn't checked someone into our old room and still not repaired the leak?

Apart from that not a bad hotel. I would visit Rome again but most probably wouldn't stay here again. Problem is that it ticked all the boxes when booking and the winner was the fact it had a pool which most of the hotels in the city don't. Essential as well after a hot day sightseeing to cool off. Not close to any of the tourist hotspots so not ideal if you are sightseeing but there is an open top bus company that operates around the city and one of their stops happens to be just down the road.

Top tip: A little supermarket is just across the road near the station which is great for snacks and drink for your room or the pool as £15 for a cocktail isn't the best value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard on a higher floor. Beware that the hotel is right on top of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donal14
Gianluca_Capone, Direttore at Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry that your stay has not been like you expected it and for the problem of rooms assignment
Regarding my staff, I am quite sure that nobody would be rude or unpolite and I apologize if you had this feeling. Price of drinks and food are in line with our location, as you said "unique" in Rome.
Last but not least, we do are near the tourist hotspots like Colosseum (15 min walking) and Roman Forum, and thanks to the easy location we are near to the major transportation of the city.
Thank you for staying with us.

Gianluca Capone