Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
US$494
Priceline
  • Restaurant
2,342 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat poolmodern designthe main railway stationsuperior roomclose to terminicity breaksight seeingon footcentre of romemain attractionstrevi fountaincolosseumproseccosightsroma
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We got tricked into staying here by using the Mystery Luxury 5 Star Hotel option and what a disappointment! On leaving the main terminal station you have to go through the most intimidating and dirty neighbourhood, I would not recommend it at night! Once we arrived and checked in we were greeted by hundreds of small bugs running around our room. There are no cupboards or wardrobe and to add to this the room has been poorly finished and the shower floods the bathroom. Oh, also the bathroom door is glass and see-though and doesn't shut properly. (Certainly not ideal if you want to take a poo discreetly with a new partner in the bedroom as they get to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells not matter how quiet you try to be!). To add insult to injury they also charge 8 euro for 1/2 a pint of beer at the restaurant on the roof! On the plus side it is close to the station, there is a cheap spa to get drink and food just outside the front door of the hotel, the bed was comfy, the pool on the roof is nice and there was air-con in the room. Overall a 3 star hotel at best though.

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th floor get a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for a three day family city break. This is mainly a hotel you would choose for convenience to the train station, otherwise it's not the nicest area.
The reception area is big and open and the staff were friendly enough, but the service offered is of a lower standard than most people used to five stars might expect.
I was impressed that when we arrived early, we were offered a complimentary drink at the bar while our room was prepared, this was a very nice touch.
The room was nice enough, although I've never understood who would want a loose fitting glass door to the bathroom, not something very romantic for couples or cosy for families. The shower also flooded part of the floor no matter how you tried to arrange the curtain. I found the bed comfy and clean enough, although Radisson hotels are usually cleaner and smarter.
The star feature of this hotel is it's roof top pool, which is lovely to have in the middle of a city. There were lots of sunbeds, but they did run out of pool towels, which surprised me. Rather than arrange for more, normal hotel towels, the assistant merely shrugged and said there were no towels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was good to stay at for the week I was here. It has AC, Roof shower and bath, good choice of TV channels and excellent room service (very expensive) though. It also has a great sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool. It does offer massage therapy but again, very expensive. The restaurant I'm the hotel is very pricey as well. I'd advise going down a few streets - there a few sensational restaurants at 1/3 the price. It is very close to all walking attractions and a quick metro up to Vatican City. The staff were very helpful and the room was cleaned everyday.

Downside: Our windows never opened, the view was awful and the AC makes a huge noise but then again this was maybe just out room only who knows. Also, the shower is very open with no privacy on it so I'd bare that in mind for whoever you are coming to stay with.

Overall I'm very happy with the service and would come back again.

Room Tip: Wi Fi was good all around the building, no noise on 4th floor from train station
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We have only been here for 1 day of our 5 day holiday and we cannot praise the hotel more. We arrived early so our room wasn't ready (which was to be expected) but on our return after lunch we were greeted with a free upgrade to a junior suite to accommodate our 11 year old son. The pool area is fantastic and the overall presentation of the hotel is very good. The room itself is fantastic and better than expected. We are looking forward to sampling breakfast tomorrow and the rest of our week in Rome.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I reserved a room with two beds. I had been upgraded to a "business" room and only one bed. The clerk said that the bed would be remade as two twins. We went out for about 45 minutes. Nothing had been done. No one would answer the phone. So I went downstairs and asked about the room. Someone would come soon and redo the beds. We went out for over an hour. Nothing had been done. Again, I had to go down to reception because the phones were not being answered. This time, someone came promptly and redid the beds. But there was no cover other than sheets for one of the beds. I assumed someone would come with the second coverlet, but no one did.

The second issue is that there is no door to the bathroom. There is a door to the small room with toilet and bidet, but not to the room with the sink and tub. If you are not staying with someone who is your BBF, the arrangement is awkward at best.

I've only been here 4 hours. I hope things improve.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends