“Very good location”

Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma
Ranked #539 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hotel is well located next to termini station. Well connected with all airports and landmarks.
Quite a lot of restaurants in the surrounding area. Hotel bar is located at the top floor, staff is very friendly and views just perfect. Breakfast served at the top restaurant is exquisite. Rooms - very modern so do not be surprised.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire_Bunny
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu es. Hotel, Roma

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had high hopes for this place, but everything let it down, from the astronomical prices at the bar, to the overpriced food.

As a regular traveller, I know what to expect from each level of hotel. What I don't expect is what I got at this place.

My room wasn't cleaned properly once, they didn't leave me soap for using after the toilet, didn't make the bed, didn't actually clean!

Worse still, I had a pair of maintenance guys let themselves in without knocking. I was naked, they laughed at me. Just disgusting. When I complained the manager laughed too and said "what do you expect me to do about it?".

I've had the safe tampered with, my sunglasses damaged and they offered me... Nothing.

Beware, this place ain't nearly as good as it pretends to be.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Deliciouslynaughty
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have just returned home from a weeks long stay with 2 children and 2 grandparents. On first impressions the hotel decor seemed dark and unfriendly - the rooms are very modern with open plan - this means that there is only a glass partition separating toilet and bedroom and the bath/shower is part of the bedroom.
After a week we loved the rooms- housekeeping were great and the rooms were kept spotless. Also their bathing products were beautiful and of good quality. There is a "nespresso" machine in each room so great coffee always available. Breakfast is great lots to choose from from the buffet and the staff were very happy to get us anything off menu eg. Fried eggs, omelettes etc.
The pool is on the roof and is great because in the heat of summer in Rome there is a lovely wind up there. Also the pool is beautiful and constantly maned by a life guard .
Our only negative is evening meals- food is over priced and service was poor. Staff were very nice but completely disorganised. For example - we ordered fish (which was served on its own) and also asked for a portion of French fries. All of us has eaten our meal and the chips arrived as we had decided to leave. Also asked for a coffee with milk - the coffee arrived but no milk after asking 3 times. We decided to eat out in the evenings you are spoilt for choice there are lots of really nice friendly restaurants just down the road - you'll love them.
Overall - typical big impersonal hotel but after a week we loved it. Very modern but great location and it really became "home for the week".

Room Tip: The train station I'd next door and functions late at night and early morning - so ask not to be...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EdCoClare
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for our last night in Italy. After a hot sweaty day sightseeing it was great to come back for a swim and some cocktails in the late afternoon sunshine. The pool area is amazing as was the dinner and breakfast. It is not in the most glamorous of locations but still an easy walk to the Colosseum/forum. Perhaps slightly biased as we received an upgrade.

Room Tip: Make sure to get one with access to the pool area.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've been travelling around the last month, as I have to say this is the most disappointing hotel on my trip so far.

The room is small and bathroom is just open plan onto the room and is just annoying - there is not power in the shower and I'm having a shower under droplets of water. Very little toiletries and hours after the shower the rim of the bath tub is still wet. Very annoying.

I ordered breakfast the first morning and it was all incorrect - a plate of bacon a plate of ham coffee, croissants and orange juice - €30. Crazy

Pool area is ok but a bit crowded and sun chairs look dirty i.e. the material on them.

Just overall disappointed and paying over 200 euro per night. I would have got much better in Rome.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank irishoffice
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very nice hotel with a very good and professional staff. The hotel room is original and modern, but I can imagine it's a little uncomfortable if you are not going as a couple. Since the shower is not separated from the rest of the room. The breakfast buffet is very copious and good!
The pool is wonderful!
It is a little outside the city center, but the metro is very close and you can even go by walking. The neighborhood is a little "unfresh" but it's not dangerous. The parking service is a big plus in a city like Rome (only 13 EUR per night!).

Room Tip: We were looking out on the train station, but this windows are very well soundproofed. You cannot he...
1  Thank Stephanie s
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room was clean but a bit small, i think small rooms are common in Europe.
House keeping staff does a good job.
Pool area and bar are nice, but you almost have to beg for service. One of the waiters (glasses) seems like he is doing you a favour when getting you a drink.
Food is very expensive for average quality. we ate outside hotel most of the time.
Lobby area chairs are stained and front desk is dirty and worn looking.
I would stay again because the options in Rome are terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from train station