“Amazing Staff !”

Ranked #394 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Amazing Staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

My wife and I travel to Rome on a regular basis and we have selected the Blu Hotel as our hotel of choice becuase of the great service, facilities and staff. We recently visited to celebrate my father in law's 80th birthday. We needed to host a suprise party for all of our family who reside in Rome and were concerned about how, where and the quality of the food as they are Roman residents. We choose to have the party at the hotel. The staff was great! They decorated the dining room, the food was exceptional and the service was first rate.
The hotel staff has always been very helpful and professional. Most are able to speak fluent English and treat us like family. The hotel is relatively new and very modern for Rome. The rooms are larger than most you would find in Italy and they include a patio. The hotel is off the beaten path of the tourist locations, but it is very nice to stay in a neighborhood and get a feel for the Roman people outside the tourist locations. The bus stop is close by, taking you to the train station and a short ride for any sight seeing. You can get to the Vatican, Trevi or where every you want in 15 minutes. The staff will help you find your way around, so if you want a better perspective on Rome away from the typical hustle bustle this is definately the place to stay. I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel or the staff. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Berlin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

We spent a longer weekend over New year's in Rome.Arriving from three different locations at three different times none of the three of uns managed to find to the hotel by their description.

The hotel had the room ready as asked inadvance to chek in at an earlier time, which remained the only positive aspect for the next three days.

The first night we asked to move the room because an ever ongoing water tank appearantly filled up outside the window, the moved us to another room, which was quiet that night but noisy the other two as a disco or music bar is just opposite the parking lot which the room faced. Rooms were medium size , so were the bathrooms while I alwasy wonder what the liquids inside the shampoo and gel bottles are and why hotels that claim to be four stars do not resort to minis of some brands.

My blanket (forget about a fluffy quilt, no it had only sheet and blanket) was completely filthy and full of stains the origins of which I would not even like to know. I reported to reception who admitted to the poor quality of the blanket only after the room service must have been thorugh with their tour not having noticed that this blanket was an absolute no-go.

Having moved to another room the first morning my sister immediately noticed that her wtch was forgotten in the other (first) room which she reported to reception. As no response came from their side despite a promise to immediately follow up we kept nagging every time we passed by only to the effect that we got differing answers any time we asked, contradictory and illogical as time moved on, like "yes I have spoken in person to the maid who dod the room, no she has not found the watch", no I havent spoken to that maid but to our best maid, no the watch is not in the room, "yes we entered the room (where by now other people were sleeping 2 and there ist was", no the watch was on the maid's trolley to who I spoke on the mobile", no "I spoke to the maid that was here 4 years and already wih the other owners" culminating in the essence that" the watch is back doenst matter where it came from".

I cant help it but I would have felt better to know they did not have a problem managing their staff the way they obviously do.

Breakfast only standadr, loud and quite cool brakfast room, standard choice .O.K.

• Stayed January 2010

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

long beach, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

This hotel is great as far as sevice, cleanliness and breakfast. It is a bit far from the center. You have to take one bus plus the metro to get anywhere. Rooms are modern and clean. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel for several nights in mid-September. We were pleased with our stay and the hotel amenities. The promotional material when booking online state the hotel included wireless internet and breakfast. But it does not mean the wifi and breakfast are included in your price, just that these services are offered (typically hotel promotional material will state if there is an additional fee for these services but this one did not).
Close to transit and shopping. Very friendly and helpful staff, and great food in the restaurant. But skip breakfast - it's not worth the cost, espeically when there are supermarkets and cafes close by at less than half the price for better items.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VLC123
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

The hotel itself is good (the rooms were clean and decent lobby etc). We knew the hotel was not in the centre, and didn't mind having a short bus ride from Tiburtina (3 stops). Except Saturday night, which on returning from a day in Rome at Tiburtina, found out that the bus that goes past the hotel was some sort of 'party' bus for teenagers going out, so it was rammed full of drunk 15 year olds. Not sure if this happens every weekend or it was a one-off. I suspect it's every weekend. But the REAL gripe was when we asked the night before, to have a taxi quite early at 5am to get to Tiburtina (bus doesn't run that early on Sunday) as we had an early flight. The receptionist said point-blank, no, that he would get in trouble for ordering a taxi to Tiburtina because it is such a short distance, a 5 minute walk (actually it is a 20 minute walk). He basically laughed and said we can walk it. It was really unbelievable. So we had to walk at 4:30am, in the dark, along the side of the road (pavement stops and starts) with luggage. Nice. Lucky it wasn't raining and that there were two of us, I would not have liked to walk to Tiburtina on my own during in the dark. Tiburtina station itself is not the kind of place you want to go through at 5am either, some shady people hanging around.
Also, there must be a club/disco nearby because Saturday night, you could hear the music from the hotel room. We woke up early (for flight) and the music was still playing.
If I was going back to Rome, I would not stay in this hotel again, simply because of the unwillingness to help from reception and the bus rides from Tiburtina (ok during day but in evening not so great).

Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

First the positive: The staff were friendly, if a little stressed at times. The price was cheap for Rome - I paid £63 each night.
Now the rest: It's not a 4 star hotel as advertised on Lastminute.com and it's nowhere near the centre of Rome so very inconvenient for tourists. Others have said how to get back to the hotel but it's about half an hour to get out from the centre. I didn't like the area - you can't pop out for nightlife once you get back to the hotel. I ate in the hotel restaurant which was very nice but they should have warned me that they put shelfish in the salmon spaghetti - I might have been allergic.

The area isn't very appealing.

I didn't take a cab to and from the centre but if it costs 17 euros each way, I would prefer to pay 34 euros more each night and get a hotel nearer the centre.

And on my final night, there was a penetrating noise all night. I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Lemnos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Blu Hotel is a hiden Gem. Very nice rooms, helpful stuff, clean. The only disavantage I can think of is the location. You might need to take a bus (3 stops) to the tiburtina rail/metro station which is no a big deal.
Blu hotel is excellent value for money choice. I recomend it very strongly.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends