“Don't believe the reports this was a great hotel for the money”
Review of Hotel Firenze

Hotel Firenze
Ranked #992 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights while in Rome and the staff could not do enough for you. The reception staff speak excellent English (which put me to shame as my Italian is poor) they are always willing to give you good advice and direction which they supply free maps for. The room was very good quality and air conditioned with fresh towels every day and fresh bedding every other day. They will go out of their way to help where they can and draw directions on the maps for you. The breakfast is traditional Italian and the service is very quick and friendly. I would happily stay there again what do you want for a centrally located budget hotel. It is better than most UK centrally located budget hotels. The location was absolutly fab 5 minutes to Spanish Steps, 10 to the Trevi Fountain and walking distance to all other major locations. The local transport is busses are free (no one came to take any money) metro is very cheap 1.5 euro to go to the Vatican City (but you can walk there in 45 minutes). A great location and great service all round.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the main street as the view is better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank GMC64
Tiziana Z, Direttore at Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your comments. Very pleased to have you again among our Guests.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have to admit I was very disappointed with this hotel. I had thought I had spent a reasonable amount of money to get a good hotel in Rome, however I quite obviously had not.

I feel for the money we spent for 4 days, this was way overpriced. The hotel is small and public areas are very extravagantly decorated, no real problems with public areas, but the rooms are disappointing.

They are rather old, drab and dark. The room itself was reasonably spacious but very little room for putting clothes. There was a safe and I was quite happy leaving my valuables in there.

We also had a room with a balcony, however anyone could have broken into my room from the balcony. The door to the room from the balcony was just a clip. I really didnt want to even sit on the chairs on the balcony because the area didnt look like it had been cleaned in a good while

The bathroom was clean but very tight, it was difficult if 2 of you were moving in and out of the room. I was also really scared having a shower. The shower itself was really good but the bath felt really slippy and rounded. It wasnt a flat enough surface to stand on.

Bed was very comfortable and clean and spacious.

Breakfast was included in the roof garden room, which was very pretty and refreshing. The roof garden itself is enclosed but you do have a fantastic view over the city. Breakfast was pretty basic with an assortment of bread, cakes, fruit and cold meats.

Location isnt good. Very quiet area with not a lot of bars or restaurants closeby. 20 minute walk to the closest area serving food, however it is quite literally 100 metres from the nearest metro station. The metro is essential to get about Rome and was fantastic especially as we were so far from a hive of activity.

The one very positive thing about this hotel were the staff. I found them to be very pleasant and helpful but I'm afraid the staff itself isnt enough for me to want to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carolans69

Our hotel is located in central area in an ancient building of 800's.
Any changement in structure need to be authorized from government. We take into consideration all your suggestions. Thanks for your comments on our staff.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Okay this is definitely NOT a three star hotel. Maybe a half star. It was horrible. Worn out, dirty, noisy and generally just a scary place. After walking up the stairway which looked like something out of a bad movie – doors that looked like they were beaten down, beams and walls that should have been painted at least ten years ago, carpet that was disgusting. My room – basic, old style scary. Towels were bad, lights were out or missing, curtains not hung correctly, no safe. Each time I left, I had to carry around my valuables as I figured they were safer with me than in the hotel. Around the corner from my room, a stairwell with garbage and old mattresses thrown in it (see photo). No joke. I have never stayed in such a horrible, run down place in my life and may I never do so again. The only thing that was missing was cockroaches….

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Christat13
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A terrrible experience for our whole family. We booked for Hotel Doge but were placed in Hotel Firenze. It was a scam because both hotels are located in the same building and run by same people. Room was dirty, stinks, noisy, the mattress sinked to the bottom of the bed, hair strands found on the sheet cover (was it changed?). My husband will put a separate post under Hotel Doge to show photos of the horrible place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lisaamsterdam1
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is a basic hotel which provides a excellent base to explore central Rome. If you dont mind a bit of a walk, you can reach all major attractions within 45 mins -

Spanish Steps - 5 mins
Trevi Fountain - 10 mins
Pantheon - 15 mins
Colleseum & Forum - 40 mins
Vatican - 45 mins

The hotel room looked a little tired, but was clean and comfortable. Breakfast consisted of a hot drink, juice, and a selection of croissants/rolls and spreads.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Overall this is a basic hotel in an excellent central location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JCUK30
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Good Value , Breakfast starts late (730 am) ,Large Room ,Great and Safe Location

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Nothing to do with the fotos...
We booked two rooms,and both were dirty,full with mold and humidity.There was mold on the bathroom walls,inside the fridge,even on the pillows!!
The hotel is in an old building with a common entrance with other flats and only the room door prevents someone to enter the place...
The stuff in the reception was rude and there was no one present to make any complains.
Anfortunatelly we spend one evening there because we couldnt find anything else.
Thank God next day we did find something decent...
Its a place definitely NOT to book.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends