Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed

from US$79.25
from US$104.51
from US$126.02
17,729 results
All reviews bernini sculptures two hours audio guide time slot beautiful park gallery collection daphne art tickets apollo rape casanova renaissance
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2019

the content within the gallery was fantastic. In fact as this was my first museum/gallery visit in Rome I actually felt a bit overwhelmed with what I was seeing/surrounded by, but in a good way. The cafeteria was quite good, not a lot of room. Gardens were a good place to stretch the legs, still recovering from a long flight the day before.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank JaysEuropeanVacation
Reviewed 28 August 2019 via mobile

The Galleria Borghese was one of our highlights of our time in Rome. The Museum is stunning, not just the artwork but the decor of the rooms. We took a guided tour booked through the official Borghese website. It was only an extra 5 euro a person and it was well worth it. Our guide spent almost two hours taking us from room to room showing us the highlights and explaining the stories and mythology behind the art. You could tell she really loves art and her enthusiasm was contagious. By the end, we felt we had seen everything and really understood the collection. Do not miss Bernini’s Apollo & Daphne, our favorite!

2  Thank Jenspie
Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

I have been looking forward to my first visit to the Galleria Borghese for over 15 years, but only because I was rabid to see the Apollo and Daphne, The Rape of Proserpina, my two very favorite Bernini's and the few Caravaggios that they have. I imagined I'd be pretty bored with the rest of it. Well, I'm actually proud to say I couldn't have been more wrong!
This museum is MAGNIFICENT from start to finish. The rooms themselves are masterful works of art that embrace and compliment every piece and create such aesthetic harmony!
There is a 2 hour time limit on every visit, which is understandable for the museum but a sin for the viewer. You could easily spend a month in the Galleria just ogling every gorgeous, incredible piece that is on display. The ceilings alone are phenomenal!
So many of the rooms just brought tears to my eyes. Truly amazing. This has got to be the world's best museum of all.

2  Thank slygal718
Reviewed 27 August 2019

This is a great gallery and museum and a real highlight of Rome. It holds some impressive Bernini sculptures and other artwork, but the Berninis are the highlights. To imagine the artist making these works with tools during his time and to think that he did it in his mid-20s is just amazing. It is nice that the number of people visiting is limited, making it much more enjoyable.

We took the audio tour, there is no need for a guide or a tour group. Just book the tickets online or through a ticket service to reserve a 2 hour time block. That is just enough time to see everything.

Bag check is downstairs, do that before lining up to get in.

2  Thank KC21200
Reviewed 26 August 2019

We booked online a month or so before our trip to Rome. We did not do a tour, just took taxi and got the tickets. It's almost impossible to get in IF you don't prebook. That said, there's really not much line since bookings are by the hours. You have to check in all bags downstairs prior to entering the museum. It is a little hot in the museum even with air conditioning. We paid and took the tram that took us around the property, not really much to see, wouldn't recommend. I would give it maybe couple hours tops for this site.
1. Must book ahead online to ensure a spot