The pros for this hotel:
* The location could not be better, that's for sure. It’s just a few steps away from Forum Romanum and a few more steps away from the Colosseum and the Capitol Hill. And it is close to the subway if you want to go to the Vatican for example. Walking from Station Termini takes 20 minutes or so, (or take the subway).
* Well run! Everything works and the rooms are clean and tidy.
* Very comfortable beds (however the pillows were not very soft).
* The prize: 88 Euros a night for a double room in low season (late February).
* No noise apart from what we created ourselves.
During this visit to Rome we were four and occupied two rooms, room 1 and 2 that had a separate corridor with a door almost making the two room into a suite (room 1 is actually two rooms, one with a double bed and one with a single). These two rooms does not face Via Cavour, thus there is no real view from the rooms.
You ask to have the breakfast brought into the room when you wish for it. Coffee/tea/chocolate, juice, croissants and toasted bread with marmalade. A good continental breakfast, I'm not personally very keen on continental breakfasts, but that is what you get in Rome :-). It worked very well having breakfast in the room.
The actual hotel is on the second floor. There is an old elevator that appeared a bit scary. We tested it once and it worked, but we preferred to walk.
The reception is not manned after eight in the evening.
The wifi costs 2 Euros per day and it worked well.
Signora Alberta helped us print our boarding cards on the day of departure, and we got to keep one of the rooms for our luggage unit twelve o’clock.
However, this is not o five star hotel. It's a two star hotel that is very well run with an outstanding location. Much better than the ordinary three star hotel in my view. With the low season price it definitely brings great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paba is a small, but fine two star hotel with elevator on the second floor and every detail is carefully planned. Our location is in the center of Rome, 100 mt. from the Roman Forum, 200 mt. from the Coliseum, Capitol Hill, San Peter in Chains (with Moses by Michelangelo )ecc.. We are steps from the best shopping area and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Paba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paba Hotel Rome