“Lovely little hotel!”
Review of Hotel Paba

Hotel Paba
Ranked #324 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We walked to the hotel from Termini. It's walkable if you don't have many luggage to carry. Quite easy to find and there was a lovely little elevator to bring the luggage up to the 2nd floor hotel. The hotel is small but the room was nice, spacious and clean. We even had a balcony overlooking to the street. Location is strategic. We walked to most sights. The Colloseum is just one block away (go through the metro station to come down). We went to Colloseum many times. In the morning, daytime and also nighttime thanks to the short distance.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Paba

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our third stay at Hotel Paba in Rome, the owner is fabulous and goes out of her way to make sure we have a pleasant stay. The hotel is centrally located, clean, spacious rooms, and well appointed. Thank you Alessio!

Room Tip: We've been in three of the rooms, all fine, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel about two weeks ago and we couldn't have been happier. The rooms are large and clean and the location is unbeatable. My partner also left a silver ring in the room after we checked out and we were contacted by the owner after it was turned in by the maid. The honesty and effort of the Hotel Paba staff is exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The colosseum is literally round the corner, you can't beat the location!

Andretta and her map of Rome were incredibly helpful.

The room was huge and very clean an added bonus is the old fashioned vintage lift that takes you up the two flights to the hotel - I loved it!

Thank you Andretta.

Rina & Andrew (UK)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rina D
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am so glad I found this place. It well suited my budget and was absolutely lovely. We had been staying in Hilton near the airport, the first 2 nights. In comparison the room was smaller yes... but def had much more character. The staff was adorable and helpful. The location was fantastic. Alessio was extremely prompt with replying to emails and friendly in person too. The girl Alessia who served us breakfast was the most sweetest person I met on the trip. She helped me plan my one day in Rome. She even went out of her way to get me a charger for my phone.

I stayed alone here as my husband was away at work. I felt extremely safe and looked after here. The breakfast was v simple, but I loved it.

Will def stay here when I come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel Paba was a great place to stay. One block to the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Easy walk to all the major sites downtown. Close to subway and bus stops. Great location. Nice room with separate twin beds and all the modern amenities. The owner, Alessio, was very helpful. Gave us the standard big map of the city. It turned out to be the best map of all the maps I had brought along and I used it the entire time! He also was nice enough to give us his personnel cell phone number in case we had any issues while touring Rome. Also, the hotel desk is not manned from 1930 to 0800. Breakfast was a croissant and bread along with very good drip coffee. Check all the keys (room, hotel entrance, street entrance), street entrance key wouldn't work, but was quickly resolved. Hotel found through Rick Steves' Italy tour book. We booked directly through e-mail which worked great. All in all a great base of operations to tour downtown Rome. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front on the main street. By 2200 traffic dropped of significantly and we did n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RunOhio
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel Paba is extraordinary. Alessio waited patiently even though our flight was delayed and we arrived at about 2am. He greeted us with a warm smile and was amazing the entire trip. The rooms are impeccably clean and cosy as well as beautifully decorated. The hotel had access to wifi, air conditioning as well as a mini bar and TV with sky satellite. It is so centrally located you can walk a few blocks to the colosseum! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014