“Outstanding”

Ranked #282 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
UK
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

I am torn about leaving this review because I hope to return with my husband at some point and don't want the hotel to be full!
We have just returned from Rome (February) and felt compelled to comment on our stay.
An outstanding visit in every way, myself, my mother and my aunt stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Paba. The hotel owner was most welcoming and always helpful, totally in control of all taxi arrangements - organising transfers to and from the airport - and general advice on eating establishments, buses, directions etc. The rooms are well appointed and immaculate, in fact the hotel itself although surprisingly compact, is stylish and comfortable. The hotel has the perfect location - a 5 minute walk to the Colosseum and to the Vittorio Emanuelle Monment. In fact, this hotel is in the true centre of Rome - everything walkable, lovely area, lots of places to eat - what more can you want? Seriously, we - and that's all 3 of us - cannot recommend this place enough. Go there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank true_jock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

This is the second time we stayed at PABA. It's centrally located near the Colosseum and the Forum. It's spectacular value and the staff are great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

We had a clean, good sized double room within stumbling distance of the Colosseum and Forum - what more could you want? Hotel owner is very helpful and the 2* rating really belies how nice Hotel Paba is.

The location is great, as close to the sights as you could be and in an area that felt completely safe at night. We noticed many hotels in the same price bracket as this one were not as central and were mainly further East in the area around Termini station, which felt a little less safe to us.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank siouxieq1
Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

The service is impeccable. I arrived in Rome at 6am, and my check-in time was 11am. I went to drop my bags in the hotel and Alberta(the hotel owner) pleasantly informed me that my room was ready. In the evening it was pretty cold, she personally went and got me a heater for my room. Breakfast is served in the room and there are some very good guidebooks at the reception which proved very usefull for my sightseeing.The hotel is a walking distance to Colosseum/roman forum and the bus stop just outside the hotel if you want to go to Termini. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Kairetu
Mountain View, HAwaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

A bit of a gem on a busy street very close to the Roman ruins and the Coloseum. Alberta gives the second floor (with elevator) a homey feel and personal touch. Our triple was roomy with a bigger shower than usual and a light breakfast served right in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Hotel Paba is a great hotel and Alberta, the owner, is so helpful. The rooms are European is size. They are very clean and very comfortable. We had room 5 which overlooked Via Cavour but the room was still quiet. It is walking distance to the Forum, the Coliseum and many of the sights you want to see. If you want dinner reservations just ask Alberta and she will not only recommend places for you but will also call in the reservation. It is a small hotel on the second floor of a commercial building. There is a breakfast included and Alberta brings it to your room which has a small table and two chairs. We are not big breakfast eaters, so the croissant, yogurt, coffee/tea, juice and rolls were more than enough for us. We had an early pick up to the airport and Alberta was very accommodating in bringing our breakfast early. We used RomeCabs.com and they were very punctual. There are also many travel books in the lobby for your use while staying at Hotel Paba. I would definitely stay there again. You also have free WiFi.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Butcher.T
Dijon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Family own small hotel with great location. Alberta is really, really nice and everything from restaurant reservations to airport pick-up works impeccable. Quiet hotel, slept like babies and everything very clean, the size of the rooms varies from quite big to quite small. The breakfast is not 5 star, but has all you need. I would definitly go back to Paba if I went to Rome.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family