“A charitable description would be "tired"”
Review of Assisi Hotel

Assisi Hotel
Ranked #637 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The pluses are that the staff are really friendly and helpful and it's in a great central location.
Hotel itself could best be described as adequate. It's the right side of seedy but is definitely "tired" and badly in need of investment.
So it's ok - but I'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek_Law

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Having been let down by a bed and breakfast on a busy Friday night in Rome, we managed to find the Hotel Assisi. They found us 5 rooms for our group of 13 but could only fit us in for one night. The staff at the front desk then phoned around on our behalf overnight to locate us somewhere else to stay for the other 2 nights. Really above and beyond expected levels of service.
As for the hotel, it is conveniently situated close to the railway, rooms were clean and tidy, breakfast compared to others we have experienced in Rome was pretty good and varied.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Booked via Late Rooms and managed to get a 3rd night free for the price of 2. Hotel is located within a few minutes walk of the central station, which is ideal for dropping bags off and exploring the city. 15 mins walk from the Coleseum and the main centre including the Trevi fountain.
Room though not large, more than adequate for one's needs for a few nights. Rome Hotel rooms are not usually large and don't offer good views so don't expect this here but the room was clean and tidy, warm (good for Feb) and comfortable.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, also very helpful with information.
Brekfast was your usual standard Italian fare, with fresh coffee, toast and cakes.
Very happy with my pick of Hotel for my short vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms are much of a muchness, but book in advance and check with the Hotel before arriving. Better v...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We were looking for a budget hotel near Termini train station as we were only visiting Rome for one day and were to catch a early train to Civitavecchia the next day for a cruise.
If going to Rome again we will definitley choose this hotel and I have already recommended it to some friends. Do not expect a 5* hotel, but do expect a good nights sleep in a clean bed, a nice shower and a breakfast that will keep you going until lunch.

We chose the hotel after reading the reviews here on TA. We were not disappointed! Very good value for our money. The hotel was clean, the staff were VERY helpful and kind. The breakfast did indeed have many sweet things to offer as another rewiever here said, but you dont HAVE to choose them. There were also some healthier alternatives. When I asked for coffee the man behind the counter offered me a cappuccino which he made for me. That was a bonus I did not expect. In other hotels I usually have to pay extra for "special" coffees

Room
The bathroom was over expectation for a Italian budget hotel. Clean and no mould and good ventilation, no plumbing issues and some amenities like shower cap, hair conditioner etc. The bed was a little bit hard though. The airconditioning made the room wonderfully cold rather fast. Our room was facing the street, but we were not at all disturbed by any noise from the street.

We ate our evening dinner on a cozy trattoria next to the hotel (not the closest one of the two) and we were happy with our pizzas, nothing more nothing less.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xhasox
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This was my second visit to Hotel Assisi and I was not disappointed. I was there for four nights on a tight budget at the end of January and my choice was fully vindicated.

Although I travelled solo, as I did last June, I would not hesitate to return with my wife and we plan to do so. Once again it comfortably met all my requirements and I am determined to return again. The hotel is spotlessly clean and comfortable. Yes the rooms are small - but I have been in much tinier rooms in Paris - and when you are away from home visiting one of the most beautiful and important cities in the world all you really need is a comfortable bed, a clean bedroom and a clean adequate bathroom with a good shower and no shortage of hot water, and a reasonable breakfast to set you up for the day and Hotel Assisi does provide all that.

The hotel is within two minutes walk of Termini from where you can take a bus or a train to virtually anywhere in Rome and of course to either of the two airports. The Terravision coach station is just one minute walk away. It is less than ten minutes walk from the stunning Basilica of St Mary Major where Mass is celebrated many times daily and where Confession is available in many languages including English. The Hotel Assisi staff are very friendly and efficient and my advance e-mails seeking elaboration on things were promptly and fully answered. You get better value by booking in advance paying up front on your credit card. The continental breakfast is limited in range but perfectly adequate and you will not leave hungry. My bed was very cosy and comfortable. The TV has literally hundreds of channels but no English language news channels but in this day and age you do not need to watch TV to keep in touch with what is going on in the world. There are loads of Internet places nearby where you can log on for 50 cents per 15 minutes. There is also no shortage of very reasonably priced places to eat within a few minutes walk on all sides of Termini.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marius59
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Ok, it's close to Termini but there must be better options. The hotel is very worn down. The window in our room didn't close well so there were lots of noice from the street below. Breakfast was traditional italian with lots of sweet stuff. The staff is really nice but unfortunately it didn't make up for the other things.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GiannaSweden
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This was a great small hotel close to Roma Termini. Easy to find. Our room was QUIET and we slept great, shower wonderful - yeah the room wasn't huge but hey thats europe hotels. You can walk from here to anywhere if you like walking - we did. Breakfast ok, bit processed for us but we are fussy with organics etc but great coffee made to order. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that faces a courtyard, no view but hey you get to sleep well
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple