Assisi Hotel
Hotel Hiberia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$323
Hotels.com
US$351
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Room Service
US$263
US$225
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to termini stationyogurtair conditioninghotel is in a great locationcomfortable bedcleaned every daywould stay againrooms are cleanstreet noisehamtrip to romemin walkvatican citywardrobebussitessoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights in May. It's close to Termini station, which is very convenient for accessing the Metro, and the hotel is easy to find. The location around the station isn't the best and we had previously read that it could be a bit dodgy at night, but we weren't out late and never encountered any trouble. The staff were friendly and welcoming and gave us lots of maps and information about where to visit and eat. Our room was a decent size, the bed was comfy enough and everything was very clean and tidy. Plus our room came with a free to use safe box which was great for storing our valuables in when we were out and about. Perhaps the only downfall was the bathroom. It was tiny and very cramped, but we made do. Breakfast was good. It was continental style with pastries, bread, yogurt, cheeses, fruits and cereal. Overall, we had a good time here and would recommend this hotel to others travelling on a budget. I wish I could have given it a 3.5 star rating as "good", because I don't think average does this place justice, but I'm not certain it could be considered very good either!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 21 May 2013

A great hotel very close to Termini station. All famous sites can be reached by foot or bus.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, also very helpful with information especially Sajeewa, who helped us out on anything that we required.
Breakfast was continental and very good compared to other Italian hotels; fresh coffee or a variety of teas, toast, fresh panini, 3 kinds of cereals, cheese, mortadella, chocolate spread, fresh fruit, yogurt, cakes, etc.

WiFi is not free and when I inquired the cost, they gave me 3 hours free which was enough for our 4 day stay.

The room was small but adequate so was the bathroom. Both were very clean; bed was very comfortable with extra pillows.
A/C required additional pay according to their room leaflet, although we did not inquire with reception.

My original booking was cancelled by the hotel about a couple of days before our visit, due to credit card problems according to the hotel. Once the room became available for booking, I re-booked using the same card and all went fine ...however the cost was an additional of €10 per night.

I will have no issue to stay here again if I'm back in this area of Rome.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for anything, they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SimonGouder
StefaniaRosi65, Proprietario at Assisi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Custmer

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to have enjoyed the friendliness of the staff of Assisi Hotel.
I hope to welcome you again very soon in our Hotel
Regards Stefania Rosi

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Hubby and I stayed here one night on our late arrival to Rome on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there for 2 weeks a few months earlier. We often travel together and have very similar ideas of what is acceptable and what isnt. I have to believe she was given a much better room as hers was a 2 week stay whereas the room we had was dirty, mouldy, bed hard, air con not working and a tiny bathroom. We put up with it for the one night, but very glad we hadnt booked for longer. Breakfast and free wifi was good but that was it. I would describe it as a low grade hostel with private bathroom rather than a hotel. I have stayed in many youth hostels much better than the hotel assisi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Helpful staff, wifi included, excellent breakfast also included. Rooms a bit on the small side. Termini is not exactly the best area, but it's convenient and cheap. Overall a good bargain considering the alternatives we found. Rooms include a (free) safe box. Most important: it's very clean. Biggest downside: all bathrooms are very noisy: if your room neighbor uses it in the middle of the night, you WILL hear it.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank LoroDC
Reviewed 14 October 2012

In short an excellent hotel in a very good part of Rome if you want to explore, be near to all the famous sites and have the support of a very friendly staff!
The owner of the hotel Assisi was helpful to us from the word go.
Sajeewa the hotel manager, did everything possible to help my wife and I have a brilliant week in this living museum called Rome!
Another member of staff who also did his best help was called Navid, who made excellent coffee and helped us in many other ways too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple