“Recomendado”
Review of Hotel Lella

Hotel Lella
Ranked #1,140 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I recomend this hotel, i had been there 2 times, staff is really friendly and its close to the Main train station. The relation price-service is good. There is Also easy to have acces to the monuments and has easy access to bus connections with the airports

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Rafa_cerpa

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a place i would never choose for staying but they sent us through a booking at hotel paradise Roma.The rooms are very small and dark,it was dirty ,they don't provide any towels,there is mould in the bath and nothing worked properly.It is very noisy..You can hear everything that happens outside your room all night long.And imagine that we had to pay about 90 euros per night!Awful!!Avoid that place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARIAGES2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 3 days new year in hotel lella. It was very modern and perfect. Location was fantastic, very close to all the place you need to see. The staffs were super kind, professional and willing to help. The price is reasonable. The beds were extremely comfortable. Food at breakfast was lovely and the variety was great. Book it now.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mercy K
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Well this is really a case of what you pay for - and no thanks to my sister for booking this (sorry sis!). The rooms are grubby, mould around the baths, the first room I saw was right at the top of the building (5 floors up and no obvious sign of a fire escape) and the hairdryer didn't work; the one we eventually stayed in was cramped with a tiny bathroom (and heaven forbid, no bidet!). I'm a size 8 and the towels wouldn't even meet around my body - and it took a lot of persuading to get some extra ones for our use. We stayed 3 nights and they didn't change the sheets or towels so good job it was summer and the towels had a chance to dry. The guy on the desk works 24 hours it would seem and is friendly enough but really this place needs taking to task - there are much better places to stay at 70 euros a night for a double room!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank CoxyD
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. It's more of a hostel than hotel. The location is good, about ten mins walk from termini or 5 mins from metro. It's in a safe area with large police presence due to neighbouring building being of unknown importance. The linen was clean as expected but the rooms are dated and noisy.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank paul0107
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

First of all anyone who is a wheelchair user I would say steer clear! There's 2 steps up to the front door and about 5-10 up to the main area to reception lift etc! I only stayed here because I'd already moved once and couldn't afford to loose more money, but was a lot of pain and effort!!! I did phone the hostel before hand and they ensured me there was a lift and I would be ok to stay here! (Not true)!

2 male staff are very friendly and like a good chat, one was very nice and friendly to me and helped me every way he could (even ace me a better room for the same price as he said it would be easier for me and is bigger for me with the wheelchair); the other was nice to my friend but rude to me (there was an incident where I hurt my foot getting out the wheelchair to crawl up the steps and I had possibly broken my foot, he was very rude and did anything he could not to help! Wasn't very happy when I asked for I've as it meant he had to go and get it). The one female staff was very nice and helpful but there was unfortunately a language barrier.

The location was perfect close to the station and restaurant etc.

Rooms were clean but unfortunately ensuite bathroom smelt really bad the sound of water constantly running (like it had just been flushed) so difficult to sleep (not a nice noise)

It's called a hotel but more like a hostel, although no kitchen to my knowledge

The price was too much for what it was but everywhere in Rome was overprice so on the scheme of things it wasn't too bad really.

I know everything above doesn't sound to positive but it wasn't horrendous, for me it was literally just a place to sleep so I wasn't there that much.

I wouldn't go out my way to recommend it but I wouldn't say don't go there, I know of a place called hostel allessandro downtown very close to the station (other direction) where my friend stayed, which I would recommend first or even roma scout center which was lovely just a bit further afar!

Hope this helps :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Nicole_Martine
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I'll start with the positives, but i don't recommend this place for comfort.The location isn't bad - you can walk from the train station and to the historic centre. Staff were friendly too. The beds are made and the bathroom cleaned and given fresh towels daily. However the room was almost unbearable. Very little natural light, horrible colours which made the room feel shrunken, and the bathroom wreaked like a very bad public toilet. The smell penetrated the whole room. While the sheets were clean, there were cigarette burns all over the very old covers. If you can afford somewhere better do so, if not then this place is bearable for a very, very short stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo