Hotel Aventino
US$429
US$408
Travelocity
1,012 results
All reviewsaventine hillcirco massimocircus maximussanta sabinawrap around balconytower roombeautiful neighborhoodquiet areaminute walkdelightful hotelbusy romepastrieswithin walking distanceperfect staynice breakfastthe ground floorhotel is located
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have previously lived in Rome for five years and, therefore, never needed to stay at a hotel in Rome. That said, having moved back to the US, I have found myself returning to Rome for work, from time to time, and recently stayed at the Hotel Aventino.

It is a small, nice and well-run hotel that is conveniently located in the Aventno.San Saba area, walking distance to Piramide and Circo Massimo, and a bus ride away from Trastevere.

The rooms are spacious for European standards (ask for 338, if possible) and tastefully decorated in an older, more refined fashion. The bathrooms are very clean and done-up well. Wi-fi is pretty good for and breakfast is included. I am quite picky but would definitely recommend staying here to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room (338, for instance)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Guest,
We really appreciated your time and efforts in commenting on your recent stay with us at Hotel Aventino.!!
Thank you so much for your very positive feedback.
Please, do let us know when your business trips will bring you back to the eternal city..the entire team and I would be delighted to welcome you back again.!!
Hoping to see you soon, in the meantime we wish you a Merry Christmas.!!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a wonderful 3-night stay here in early November. Hotel is lovely, spacious room and bathroom, and located in a quiet, leafy green residential part of the city. It's about 5-7 mins walk through a rather elegant neighbourhood to Circus Maximus and the underground stop there. (Just near the FAO building). Handy to cafes and restaurants. This is a great area to stay to easily explore the city. Staff very pleasant and helpful, always welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keiry B

Dear Mrs. Keiry,
thank you so much for your kind words posted on Tripadvisor.!
I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.!
We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm an genuine service and I am so proud our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.!!!
We remain at your service for another memorable roman experience.!!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Aventino many times on business trips to Rome. I sometimes think of it as my best reason to go once again to Rome. It is a delightful small hotel with excellent service, located in a beautiful neighborhood that manages to be quiet, but near enough to fabulous food, the metro, and unforgettable sights of Rome. Gwythian P's review is spot-on regarding the wonders of the area. I can only add that, as a runner, I enjoy the proximity to the Tiber trails and the Circo Massimo, both of which make for memorable runs, and the vespers sung each evening at nearby San Anselmo is not-to-be-missed. Regarding the Hotel Aventino itself, it has a fabulous, quirky charm. Each room is a bit different, and each is memorable. The outdoor spaces are wonderfully cozy. The staff is always both efficient and friendly. The included breakfast is exactly what I need to start a busy day: delicious, quick, and with a range of good food options. The only real competition to the Aventino in all of Rome, as far as I'm concerned, are the other two nearby hotels with the same ownership: the San Anselmo and the San Pio.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TSabonis

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your generous feedback about our property on the Aventino hill.!!
I am so happy to learn that you found the perfect location for your roman business trips and thank you again for your trust.!!
Moreover I am so glad to know that our hotel, facilities and service met your expectations and made your stay so comfortable.!
I have personally conveyed your very kind words to the entire team that is looking forward to your next visit in our beautiful city.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been to Rome before, and stayed in various hotels in commercial district and near Termini. This time it was very different. This small hotel on Aventino hill is simply wonderful, perfect. Hidden in a maze of ancient streets on top of one of the original seven hills of Rome, it is just few steps away from Circo Massimo, Palatine and Capitoline hills. The neighbourhood is very special, it is located in an exclusive Roman district, very quiet and still in the heart of the ancient city, just 10 min walk from the Colloseum. In addition to the great location, we were spoiled by attentive service, hearty morning breakfast and convenient room. I strongly recommend the hotel to those who know and love Rome, especially to those interested in history and arts.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pavelmk13
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear guest,
we would like to thank you for your beautiful comment on Tripadvisor and for suggesting our hotel to the travelers community! We are so happy to know that you loved our small hotel so much, especially as regards its location on the top of the Aventino hill. In fact, the place where our hotel is located is simply perfect to enjoy a relaxing and rich stay in the ancient city of Rome. Of course we are also so glad that you appreciated our kind service and the good quality- price ratio.
We wait you soon in the magical city of Rome!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel Aventino is a nice little (21 rooms) hotel with an excellent service. It is quite, comfortable and the best recommendation one i.e. I can give is: it is worth coming again. At least I will do so next year.

Room Tip: I stayed in room no. 339, I hope I will get it again next year
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RJK1411
FamigliaPiroli, Direttore at Hotel Aventino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Sir,
We are so happy to know that you are looking forward to your next visit to hotel aventino and especially that you will recommend our property to your friends and family. Thank you for your generous words, which rewards our continuous efforts to make each stay memorable.!
Thanks again for your preference.
Kind regards