Hotel Artemide(Rome)
US$187
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
US$115
US$104
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$131
Hotels.com
Hotel Diocleziano(Rome)
US$161
US$123
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$253
US$191
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

US$283
US$83
US$232
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I had read all the reviews before my stay to derby and now that I m back I can say my opinion. The hotel is an excellent value for money. It is situated in Garbatella, which is a quiet place with all kinds of shops nearby, I mean ALL! It's a nice and picturesque place away from the hustle and bustle of central Rome and the awful neighbourhood of termini. it is only 5-7 min from the metro station (yes I timed it and I m not fit!and it is easy to find even for me that I m a woman ;)) which is never crowded! and 2 stops from Colosseo (the only station u will need if you want to go sightseeing in ancient Rome)and 4 stops from Eur if you have a business meeting. Clean hotel with very kind and helpful staff. Yes it is a bit old but it is renovated. The breakfast is basic. In my previous stay in Rome I stayed in a hotel in termini which costed 50e more, it had the same breakfast, the same rooms, worst staff ever, drug addicts at the threshold and the awfully crowded termini station. If I ever go back I ll stay there!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 402 junior suite, no extra charge
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank kaltayl
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Being our first Europe trip, we booked this hotel based on travelers reviews and I'm sure that we won't be disappointed. We reached Rome from Barcelona around 10 PM in the night and we took a shared cab from Fiumicino Airport and it took an hour to reach the hotel. We were happy that there is someone at the reception to receive us and they are English speaking (which is blessing for us).

First impression, a very nice hotel in a quiet residential area. Reception was nice and check-in was very quick say around 5 minutes. Hotel has 4 floors with breakfast and reception on the ground floor and it has 2 elevators. We were little disappointed that there is no elevator for 4th floor (where we have given room) and we had trouble taking our huge bag one floor up.

Room was clean & nice with some antic kind of look; it was small & good enough for two and for that price. All basic and needed stuff like TV, Aircon, heater, hair dryer and with safety locker inside the room are available. Shower cubicle in the bathroom is too small and it’s not easy for someone who little heavy.

There is NO restaurant in the hotel and no room service too. They serve only breakfast in the morning and apart from that nothing else. There is a small pizza store just outside the hotel and the food isn't great. Couples of eating places mostly take away near to the hotel. Breakfast was good with sweet stuff and cold meat.

Best thing about this place is its very near to the center of tourist center. There is metro station nearby called “Garbatella” (blue line) and it takes 20mins walk from hotel. It is 3 stops away from the great Colosseum metro. All major attractions are in the metro blue-line and if want to go to Vatican, need to change to red line at Termini and Termini is regional/international train station. We had no trouble reaching the hotel or walking from Metro station to hotel even at 9 PM night and the roads are mostly empty at nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RockSays
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Hotel Derby is a haven of tranquillity and friendliness away the frenzy of central Rome. The public areas are spacious and cheerful and our room was large, light and airy with balcony and an excellent bathroom. The proprietor is cheerful, friendly, concerned and helpful, speaks good English and is full of enthusiasm for and information about his area of Rome. It is within easy walking distance of the Porta St Paolo, the Protestant Cemetery and the Basilica of St Pauls without the Walls. It is close to EUR, two train stations (with the nearest metro at Ostiense), an excellent suburban shopping centre and lots of cafes and restaurants. It is reasonably close to Leonardo da Vinci and car pick-up and drop-off depots. There is no long-term parking immediately by the hotel, but there is street parking close by. For those who want the experience of
a non-touristy part of Rome, this is highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pariol1
Reviewed 27 August 2010

When you see 3 stars displayed outside the hotel you can assured that is ISNT.

The hotel was very difficult to get to from the Roma Termini, long walk and infequent busses. The rooms very extremely cramped, literally tiny and depressing. The bathrooms even smaller, the shower was so tiny I couldn't even bend over. The drains were clogged (probably to get you out fast) and never fixed despite repeated complaints. The breakfast was lousy.
the only decent thing about the place was one receptionist called Gerogie which made it bearable but on the final day we got a lousy hot headed rude receptionist who threatened to throw us out if we didn't vacate by EXACTLY 12 pm and not a minute later.

Would never stay there - worst part it was pretty far from all the attractions in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hunnypuppy
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I spent an unplanned 5 nights here as my wife had to be hospitalised at nearby CTO Hospital after fracturing her knee on broken stairs at Ostiense Station on our way to the airport leaving Rome for Mykonos.

The front office staff, especially Giorgio who could speak excellent English, were extremely helpful as I had much organising to do. They assisted me with phonecalls, faxing, the internet, printing, etc. Eventually we actually decided to leave the hospital after they kept delaying the surgery and return to South Africa for the operation, but all this required much paperwork for travel insurance purposes.

The breakfasts were adequate and the staff even packed a croissant, some butter and jam and fruit for my wife as some of the food in the hospital was no great. Thanks for this!!

I would not choose to stay at this hotel again as it is too far out of the centre of Rome, but I would like to say that it definitly was a good base for being close to the hospital. Thanks to all the staff for their help.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family