“I can recommend Giardino”
Review of Hotel Giardino

Hotel Giardino
Ranked #903 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Giardino is only a 2-star hotel, so the rooms and comfort could be better. But the hotel is very well situated in Rome - everything is within walking distance.
The best to say about Giardino is the level of service! The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Another time i may choose to stay a little bit more central and a bit more luxuorius, but Giardino gives full credit for the money!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would have given this hotel a terrible if it weren't for the fact that the staff were so nice and helpful or the location so central. Otherwise, I cannot imagine what all the raves are about. In addition, I used Rick Steves guide which gave the hotel a very positive review, so I am not sure I'll ever put my trust in that source again.
My room was so small, dark and dingy that it was depressing to retreat to it after a full day. There was no place to put the luggage and the lighting was terrible-I could not read at all in the room. Fresh paint was needed all around. The bathroom had one light out-tough to do makeup. I asked for a new bulb, but it sparked and sizzled and I ended up removing it. The shower was so tiny, only an average size person would fit. The key to the room was problematic and had to be jiggled incessantly to work. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about.
The staff really were lovely and recommended a wonderful place to dine-Santa Cristina restaurant tucked away across the street.That almost made it worthwhile, but I would not return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Mariabelle
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Yes, you can reach virtually all the places you must see (on foot) from this hotel. I played musical rooms with another guest as we kept trying to find a room we liked. If the furniture wasn't falling on me the bathroom shower flooded. Settled for a room the other guest refused with a bathroom that smelled like a sewer. Annoying keys could take up to 5 minutes to get in or out of the room. Small, dingy, tattered rooms and furnishings.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank joyce h
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here in July and the location really is amazing- a 5 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and the Forum. As a single female traveller I also felt very safe in the area (after being warned off the slightly cheaper hotels around Termini). My single room was pretty small (but clean), the breakfast was decent and the staff were fantastic- incredibly helpful and attentive at all times.

Overall it's not luxurious, but paying a bit more for the location is worth it rather than staying in a comparable hotel further from the centre of Rome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The staff at this hotel is amazing, literally could not have been better. Tiger, at the front desk, almost seemed like he was part of our group! Nice location, in walking distance to many sites. The hotel itself is very cute. Rooms are tiny but bright and clean - we wound up with a balcony so maybe we are a little bit biased but we thought they were great. Air condition works great. Nice continental breakfast. Although there is no elevator, the staff actually helped us carry our bags to and from the second floor. Only downside is the bathroom toilet, the water pressure was so bad the entire time we honestly thought we broke it until we heard other guests commenting on the same thing. Not a deal breaker but definitely worth a heads up!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank mycousinbrynnie
Reviewed 12 November 2011

While it is very true that the English-speaking staff at this hotel provide a very warm welcome and a lot of helpful advice and information, I'm not sure that compensates for the rickety furniture, stained bed coverings, smudged and dirty walls, and threadbare carpets. Try the 3 star across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 26jpm
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Family trip to Rome to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday and third time staying at Hotel Giardino. Rooms were clean, comfy and quiet and service first class at all times. Special thanks to Tyger and his staff who helped us set up a birthday breakfast on the balcony! Nothing was too much trouble and the friendly relaxed ambience made this a real home from home. Ideally situated for visiting the main sites and plenty of restaurants nearby. We did not make the Santa Christina restaurant which came highly recommended but enjoyed an excellent meal at" Wanted".Hope to return again.

Room Tip: We had three rooms. Room 28 was the most spacious with a sweet wee balcony where you could sit out...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family