“good location, lovely staff...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Giardino

Hotel Giardino
Ranked #885 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Huddersfield
“good location, lovely staff...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The staff at the Giardino really make this hotel great, Tiger is the best host and really helped us with everything we needed, he gave us good reccomendations for places to eat / things to see / do... he even found us a plug converter to borrow so we could charge our camera! We were really grateful!

I liked the breakfast area, quite cute and it was nice to speak to other travellers over breakfast, it has a nice relaxed atmosphere.

I also liked the fact that our room had a balcony, it had a little lemon tree on it which was lovely, I liked having somewhere in my room to watch the busy, roman world go by!

The rooms were clean if a little drab, I mean, the decor was nice but there were a few scuff marks on the wall and the grouting around the bottom of the shower was a bit mildewy - however it was clean, and the daily cleaning service was good. Bed was also comfortable with nice clean sheets.

To be fair, this hotel is pretty good value for a really good location, close to all parts of Rome, we walked to pretty mutch everything apart from the Vatican... Although a little tip - bring comfy shoes as walking everywhere is pretty knackering!!!

I would definately reccomend this hotel, I think if you are going to do Rome properly, number 1 in your choice of hotel is the location. How long are you going to be spending in your room anyway?! You also have to be realistic with what you expect for what price, and I would always go for friendly staff and cleanliness and over look things like scuff marks on a wall!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MichelleFraggle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bucharest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Hotel is set on the first floor of an old building. It is small and cozy and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room itself was very small with basic, worn out furniture. The bathroom, extremely small but clean an functional. The thing I couldn't get over was the noise coming from the street and from the other rooms.

Basic but ok breakfast in a very small room.

The biggest plus of this Hotel is its location, very close to Piazza Venezia, via del Corso, via Cavour, via Nazionale.

For the price I paid, it was not what I expected, if cheaper I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Lady_A_J
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Giardino is only a 2-star hotel, so the rooms and comfort could be better. But the hotel is very well situated in Rome - everything is within walking distance.
The best to say about Giardino is the level of service! The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Another time i may choose to stay a little bit more central and a bit more luxuorius, but Giardino gives full credit for the money!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hamden, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would have given this hotel a terrible if it weren't for the fact that the staff were so nice and helpful or the location so central. Otherwise, I cannot imagine what all the raves are about. In addition, I used Rick Steves guide which gave the hotel a very positive review, so I am not sure I'll ever put my trust in that source again.
My room was so small, dark and dingy that it was depressing to retreat to it after a full day. There was no place to put the luggage and the lighting was terrible-I could not read at all in the room. Fresh paint was needed all around. The bathroom had one light out-tough to do makeup. I asked for a new bulb, but it sparked and sizzled and I ended up removing it. The shower was so tiny, only an average size person would fit. The key to the room was problematic and had to be jiggled incessantly to work. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about.
The staff really were lovely and recommended a wonderful place to dine-Santa Cristina restaurant tucked away across the street.That almost made it worthwhile, but I would not return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Mariabelle
grass valley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Yes, you can reach virtually all the places you must see (on foot) from this hotel. I played musical rooms with another guest as we kept trying to find a room we liked. If the furniture wasn't falling on me the bathroom shower flooded. Settled for a room the other guest refused with a bathroom that smelled like a sewer. Annoying keys could take up to 5 minutes to get in or out of the room. Small, dingy, tattered rooms and furnishings.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank joyce h
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here in July and the location really is amazing- a 5 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and the Forum. As a single female traveller I also felt very safe in the area (after being warned off the slightly cheaper hotels around Termini). My single room was pretty small (but clean), the breakfast was decent and the staff were fantastic- incredibly helpful and attentive at all times.

Overall it's not luxurious, but paying a bit more for the location is worth it rather than staying in a comparable hotel further from the centre of Rome.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Philly!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The staff at this hotel is amazing, literally could not have been better. Tiger, at the front desk, almost seemed like he was part of our group! Nice location, in walking distance to many sites. The hotel itself is very cute. Rooms are tiny but bright and clean - we wound up with a balcony so maybe we are a little bit biased but we thought they were great. Air condition works great. Nice continental breakfast. Although there is no elevator, the staff actually helped us carry our bags to and from the second floor. Only downside is the bathroom toilet, the water pressure was so bad the entire time we honestly thought we broke it until we heard other guests commenting on the same thing. Not a deal breaker but definitely worth a heads up!

• Stayed August 2011