“Great location for a short stay”
Review of Hotel Romano

Hotel Romano
Ranked #260 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My daughter and I had a 4 night stay in Rome and wanted to be in a good location to see the sights. We decided on the Hotel Romano due to its location, good reviews on Tripadvisor and reasonable price. Overall, for a short stay, I think it was a good decision. However, perhaps not for longer. I can't fault the friendliness of the staff on the desk and there was someone there 24/7. Our room was a little odd in shape, with a long rather useless 'corridor' to a window, which I suppose originally was left when they added an en-suite in one corner of the room, and rather a small area for the bed. The en-suite was a little small, but did the job ok. The decor of the room/hotel was very clean and neat. The hotel doesn't have a kitchen, but you can get a slight discount for breakfast in one of the cafes in front of the hotel. (A small place when you turn right out of the hotel). We found their breakfasts really reasonable by the way. Where this hotel comes out well is the location. We were at the end of the road opposite the Forum. 4-5 minutes walk to a metro stop and the Colosseum. You could reasonably walk to most sights. One thing to consider is the noise from the road. We had a room at the front of the hotel, and the windows aren't double glazed. The noise at night was fine, but a couple of nights there seemed to be some sort of construction somewhere which really did keep us awake. I imagine the rooms at the back would not have this problem. Also as we left one day, the room next door was being cleaned and we could see that it was a normal shaped room, so obviously some are better than others. Perhaps if I were to stay again, I would make sure I had a room at the back, and a normal 'square' room.

Room Tip: Go for the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Romano

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Beautiful hotel. Friendly staff.
Hotel location was very near the Termini within easy walking distance.
Only issue was street noise at night...ask for a room not facing the street in front.
Room was large by European sizes and bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the front of the hotel. Tons of street noise at night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just arrived home from a five-day stay in Rome and cannot recommend Hotel Romano enough. Not only is it right in the centre of, well, everything, the staff are the most friendliest and helpful that we have ever come across. The room itself was immaculate and well presented, and the staff offered to look after our belongings after we'd checked out so that we could go and explore some more before our flight home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hnnhwllms
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A small hotel with access to floors by lift. Good sized room and cleam, well presented with shower. The staff on the desk were available 24 hours and were able to help with directions, transport and anything else that we asked. Very helpful. The fact that they did not offer a breakfast was at first a concern but no, in real terms right in front of the hotel is undercover seating from a cafe on either sde. They have an arrangement with the one on the right when you walk out who do not charge you the tax element. Very enjoyable sitting having breakfast outside.

Good Hotel
Good Staff
Clean and tidy.

Room Tip: May be a rear room off the street,wehad a rear room with no noise. can not comment on front rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank browntaz
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The staff is really helpful, they are 24 hours staff and know most of the place around rome.
The room is big and clean, all the towel is white clean, except the shower is quite small.
The position is really good, walking distance to Roman Forum and colosseum, a lot of restaurant, souvenir shop and Gelato place around hotel.
the price is very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dita1
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Despite initially being a bit hard to find, the hotel's central location is perfect. A stone's throw from the Colosseum and within walking distance of many other main attractions. Also right next to the Colosseo Metro Station, so it was really easy to get about when my feet were worn out!

24-hour reception with very helpful and friendly staff. Felt safe and secure, even as a solo (female) traveller.

Stayed in a single room, and while it was perfect for me for a couple of days, it was very small. It's a good job I'm little because I can't imagine anyone much bigger managing to move around comfortably, especially in that bathroom! My room was also on the front of the hotel which was a bit noisy during morning rush hour but had no problem sleeping at night.

My only complaint is that the free wifi didn't work for me. Not sure if it was a poor signal in my room but I couldn't connect to it after several tries. I ended up not needing to use it but could be a problem for those that do.

Overall I had a great stay at Hotel Romano and would return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robyn D
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Hotel Romano for one night in late June and it was just perfect! It has just been renovated so all the rooms are brand new, tastefully furnished and very comfortable. It's a few minutes walk from the Coliseo so is in an excellent location and although my room overlooked the main street I didn't hear any traffic/street noise at all. They don't have a restaurant yet for breakfast so their rating is only two star but to be honest it could easily pass for a higher star rating based on decor, service and location alone! I'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends