“Perfect for location, comfort and price”
Review of Giorgina

Giorgina
Ranked #721 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
Lakewood, OH
“Perfect for location, comfort and price”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for six nights. We loved the location, so close to Termini Station. We felt secure. The lift to our 5th floor room was convenient. The bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast, especially the barrista so I could have a true cappuccino each morning. And my husband loved the hot chocolate. We grew to enjoy the neighborhood; I even went to the local laundromat which was so much more convenient than hanging my clothes all over the bathroom. Our room faced the street. We heard a little street noise (World Cup!!), but it did not bother us at all. I would stay here again and I recommend it. Not fancy, but comfortable and safe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lkwdtraveler23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Not luxurious, simple clean and excellent location. Some street noise, but this is the middle of a big city. This is a good choice if you don't know Rome and want a place easy to get to from airport and main train station.
Reception staff speak basic English if you are worried about not being able to speak Italian.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Cpp68

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Санкт-Петербург, Россия
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel Giorgina was better than I expected and I really liked it! This hotel is organized very interesting: it’s situated on one of the floor of traditional roman building, on the other floors there are another hotels. Downstairs every hotel has its own reception, but the lift and stairs are common. Most of all I liked 24-hour reception, what is very unusual for most roman budget hotels. The staff was very friendly and worked quickly, not only on the reception, but also in the breakfast room.
The rooms in this hotel were cosy, comfortable, warm (in december!) and clean. Only one thing which I noticed – in the bathroom there were 3-4 insects (which live near the water palaces), but it did not bother us. In the roome there was one big bed with bedside-tables, wardrobe, two chairs, table with a mirror, small TV. There were enough outlets and lighting (what is usually not enough in the hotels), only in bathroom the light was a little bit “sad”. The window of our room looked on the traditional roman courtyard and we could even see the top of the bell tower of the church Santa Maria Maggiore. The hotel offered free Wi-Fi (but only for one guest in each room), which worked not always good, but for the short messages in Facebook it was ok.
Usual disadvantage of all south-italian hotels is sweet breakfast. Hotel Giorgina’s breakfast contained variety of croissants (filled with chocolate or cream or without anything), toasts, cereals, bread, jams, nutella and butter. As a drinks there were juice, different types of coffee and tea (with lemon or milk).
Location of Giorgina is as good as the hotel itself. Five minutes walk from the main train station Termini; five minutes walk also to the beautiful church Santa Maria Maggiore and three supermarkets on the church’s square; and the rest of the city centre with its monuments is enough close to the hotel.
We’ve paid 52 euro per room per night (+city tax) and I think it’s very good price for this hotel, but we’ve stayed there on the period before Christmas (22-25 december) and I’m afraid that in the other time the price is much-much higher. But anyway I’ll check it when I come to Rome again!

Room Tip: I think it'll be better to choose the rooms which look on the courtyard
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We've spent 3 days and 2 nights in Rome last week and Giorgina was our headquater. It was right on the best place, 2 corners from the Termini. The room on the fifth floor was quite ok for short rests to recharge the batteries and sleeping. If its your first time in Rome its definetly one of the best choices, for the location, the service, free luggage storage, wi-fi and the breakfast. About the latest one its a typic sweet plenteous breakfast, with fresh (from time to time fresh ones arriving) bakery, marmalades, buns, butter and cereals, fresh coffee as per requested and orange juice. In January it was not loud during the evening at all, but in June maybe it would change. Maybe we are going to come back and check it at that time;)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hobart
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you enjoy being woken by the deafening noise of hammers that feel like they’re right next to your head, and enjoy wifi that basically doesn’t work, this is the place for you. Staff were average, so many grumpy looking people milling around breakfast, like trying to eat with an audience that led me to avoid breakfast following only one experience. The food itself was a complete joke.

At one stage, the receptionist was smoking at the reception desk – most off putting. I tried to address the wifi issue, and suggested perhaps too many people were using the system which is why it was never responding. Oh, apparently the receptionist is an expert and “that is ridiculous, it’s wifi, it doesn’t matter how many people are using it.” Someone who has clearly never returned to a hostel room at peak times.

Rooms, average. Nothing special. The only positive about the hotel is the location, but the location is shared by at least 50 other hotels I saw on my walks in the local area, so I wouldn’t dream of staying here again. Sad to have wasted so much of my money really.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CarolineHobart
Turkey
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This must be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. The only plus is the proximity to Termini station. It says 'free wifi' and 'free breakfast' - in reality you only get 'free wi-fi' for one device, if you need wi-fi code for both your phone and Ipad you need to pay €2. The breakfast was so basic, so maybe they would be better of by not offering it. The lady in the breakfast room was very rude and would not give additional bread. For breakfast you get bread, butter, nuttela, jam and cheap cornflakes-no cheese, no eggs, nothing! Everything in the room looked old and dirty. I felt disgusted. No kettle, tea making possibilities, you cant even get a jar of water after breakfast hours. The shower and toilet was so tiny and two people could not fit it. We wake up at 5am, because neighbours next door were checking out, they were not loud, it is just the walls are very-very thin and you can hear everything. One must say, but it is a 2 star hotel! Sorry but I stayed in 2 star hotels before, which were way better than this hotel. Anyway, unless you are on very tight budget and you cant afford anything better for your budget, avoid Giorgina Hotel. It is Rome and I should have paid a little bid extra to avoid this disappointment. I learnt my lesson and I know I would never come back here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nikki7778
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 March 2013

stayed here during summer. please be careful when u booked the room online, read the detail carefully. because i did accidentally booked the room with no aircond and the room only been provided with a small stand fan for 5 of us. during summer it was very not comfortable. luckily we stayed here only for 1night. the staff was helpful.

Room Tip: read the detail of the room carefully if not you will end up booking a room with no aircond.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family