“Travellers be aware of this hotel”
Review of Hotel Luciani

Hotel Luciani
Ranked #730 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed one nite on 28th October.Rooms are So tiny and dirty probably ok for a dog.I booked thru bookings.com and my credit card was charged twice. I made a complaint to the night staff at the front desk and agreed to adjust and also made an official complaint to bookings.com. So far not even a reply from anyone.think before you make a booking everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank keerthiweragoda
hotel_luciani, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Luciani, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

I would like to start this response saying that there is not such a complain on our reviews page of Booking.com ( feel free to check-it) and guess why? because it never happened, if we would have charged the client twice Booking.com would certainly published it on our reviews page, no doubts about it they are always on travellers’ s side!!

What really happened, is that the client made a reservation for 2 single rooms but at the end only one showed up and they have never cancelled the second single, he wanted to cancel it
on the arrival date while he was doing the check-in ( late at night) after we have been holding the rooms for days, disregarding the cancellation policy, and of course at that point it was not possible to cancel it anymore, it would have been enough to make a phone call in the morning, even the same day, we would have had the opportunity to rent the room to somebody else and we would have not charged the client.

So please be aware, when you do not need a room anymore make a cancellation!!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Luciani

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed 3 nights October 2012 with my wife. My wife lost her earrings on the first night. She was 100% sure she placed them on the bedside table before sleeping that night. Next morning the earrings were gone. We wanted to review the cctv camera footage but there were no cams focused on our room/hallway. The room doors will not lock itself, like in other hotels where the doors automatically lock themselves and can't be opened from the outside. We found this out so late, that you have to use the keys to lock the door from within. With no proof of the incident, we quietly mourned the loss. But we could not understand how earrings could disappear into thin air. On our second night, to solve the mystery, we left the door as it was on our first night and placed a chair behind it. Next morning, we saw what we expected, the chair moved several inches and the intruder probably noted this and did not push all the way so he/she could enter and rob us again! We no longer mentioned this to the hotel but we left sure that either the hotel staff or some guest robbed us in our sleep!

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms in behind a wall fronting the front desk, no cctv cams there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannlogue

This review is the most imaginative that happened to me in 10 years of working here worthy of a crime fiction. It all sounds so weird to me, how come you get robbed the night before, you leave your door open purposely knowing that someone can get in your room and do it again so you can catch them in the act…… and you fall a sleep? And the day after you do not say anything to the reception! OHHH Please I am sorry but it is very hard for me to believe that, it is more likely that your wife lost the ear rings somewhere and I am absolutely sure that you are really convinced on what you saying but I am sorry I do not want to be disrespectful when I say that I can not believe this story.

Thousand of Hotels in Rome have doors that you can lock turning the key around and when you do
Trust me no one can get inside.

For your information at that time at night there is only a night porter who’ s working here since
1995 and he has access to the hotel cashier I want you to know that we have never had any problem with him is part of our family!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

The herb appeal of this place is not good, neither is the entrance from the street up a grubby flight of stairs. However, once into the hotel itself, we were relieved to find it pleasant enough and importantly clean.

We travelled with a group of eighteen 15/16 year olds and were accommodated in a variety of rooms of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 people. There were no complaints of broken fittings, in fact some rooms were very nicely furnished. The rooms that had windows that faced 'inward' were not blessed with a pleasant view, sadly.

Breakfast was very simple but perfectly adequate. We arranged with the hotel packed lunches which were fine and evening meals at restaurants on the same street which again were good.

There were a couple of hitches that were quickly and efficiently sorted out though the confusion should have been avoided in the first place as our requirements were all confirmed.

The hotel seems to attract quite a few groups of young people an unavoidably this can lead to noise in the evening (night...) so might not be suitable for those looking for peace and quiet. However, for low cost accommodation in a convenient location, it delivered.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here over the weekend for 2 nights (my boyfriend, my brother and I) and when we entered the room were overcome by the most pungent odor of rank and cigarettes (like someone had smoked in the room for 20 years and then died there). The bed was like sleeping on concrete and when I went to have a shower it was ice cold. This would have been mildly ok if I had a towel instead of a pillowcase to dry myself when I got out. On the last day my boyfriend and I went out and left my brother asleep. He was woken up by someone entering the room (not a cleaner) who apologized and hurriedly exited.

Really, this hotel was so bad it is funny (and a good story to tell) however for anyone reading this and considering staying, don't do it! We are very accommodating people and normally put up with most conditions with a smile, but do NOT waste your money on this - trust me!!

One plus- it is very near the Tremini station ( so handy for metro). Not worth the stinky room, concrete bed and cold shower with bed sheet towels though...

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelli H
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I understand where some of the negative reviews are coming from. It's cheaply furnished. It's an old building. They don't have air conditioning so I'm grateful I stayed during the winter. My tv didn't work, and I had about the same room as on my side of the college dorm I stayed in freshman year. I also had to go downstairs to the second floor to use the wifi.

On the other hand, it's cheaper than other hotels, and it is right across from the Termini Station. You're in walking distance from the biggest hub of transportation within the city, Santa Maria Maggiore (my favorite of the major basilicas), the Baths of Diocletian, and other places. I looked into getting a hostel, but many of them seemed almost the same price as the hotel, or I feared they had restrictions on times when you couldn't come in. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, I think it's a good fit and reasonably priced for budget travelers, but it's certainly not for everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Muckwa_Bear
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Spent one night last week there. Very basic room, need updating. Air con available for euros/ night. Did not expect much for this price. It was suitable for us near air port transportation and Termini

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Only thing good about this hotel is the location.Very dirty bathroom/room.Its a pity we booked this hotel and ruined our vacation.shower curtain extremely old and dirty.The shower was actually only a pipe.Tiles had cracks.Breakfast only croisant and coffee.No AC.just a table fan which made too much noise.Our double room had 4 beds.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple