Hotel Center 1
US$279
US$937
US$477
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingles bedsfit for purposereception guyvending machinebasic hotelminute walk to the colosseummini fridgefresh towelsvisit romemain attractionsmanzonisupermarketcappuccino
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This review is a little late, but here it is. I stayed here six months ago. The hotel was dark and somewhat dirty, The room reeked of raw sewage. There was a sign in the room that stated in three languages to call the front desk if there was a "suspicious intruder in your room" -sounds made up, but this is the truth. The staff seemed uncaring and did not offer to carry my suitcase to my room. The gave me directions to the room and i found it without issue. The hallways are dark and have motion detectors in them. Best of all, the hotel is located 15-20 minutes down the street (but across) from the Rome Termini. You have to walk through a grungy neighborhood to get through it. I work in Detroit, so I wasn't scared, but others may find the walk intimidating. Do not make this walk late at night under any circumstances...take a taxi if it is dark out.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank hasisme
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Great location by the train station and metro even though you have to walk a bit (10 minutes). Room was cleaned every day, clean towels, gave you shampoo/soap/new towels every day, shower is a little tricky because it's teeny tiny (has great water pressure) but I'm 56 years old & fussy and I thought it was fine, wonderful continental breakfast, great staff, felt very safe even when walking at night. Even though we were in Hotel Center 2 (around the corner from Hotel Center 1) it was absolutely perfect for what we needed and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2retiredpeople
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I must admit that I was pretty worried about booking this Hotel after reading the reviews, but I was more than pleasantly surprised, and I definitely recommend this hotel for people who plan on spending most of their time seeing the sites in Rome, and are looking for a simple, nice, clean place to rest their head.

The staff was very nice and helpful. No, there was no American "Have a Nice Day" and fake smiles, but rather, genuine, professional service.

Having said that, i have a few tips that will help overcome the hotels few shortcomings:

1. Bring a towel from home
2. bring shampoo, conditioner and soap from home
3. There is a 5 minute walk to the Metro station - don't stay here if this is a problem for
you - we are used to walking from home and it was no problem
4. If you are staying at least 3 days, purchase a Roma pass, which gets you entrance
to 2 museums, skipping lines, and unlimited Metro and bus service (important - see
above comment)

Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abram4ever
Reviewed 28 January 2010

First of all the "location near Stazione Termini" is a lie as the hotel is located on the same street but at 1.6 miles from the station. On the second day the Nintendo of my child was stolen form the room. They "suggest" me to call the "Carabinieri" (Police). I did not as we could not waist our time filling papers. The hotel did not offer any kind of investigation or compensation. The fridge (included) never worked. My complaint was not attended. The glass door of the shower was not on its place. My complaint was not attended and I repaired by myself. No available Internet even if we pay for it. No Internet in a hotel in ROME? And finally: TERRIBLE NOISE from other travelers any time. And.. no parking.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank booksbace
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Upon arrival at Center 1 I was directed to Center 2. Upon arrival at Center 2 I was told there was no room for me and I would be staying elsewhere. The receptionist marked a cross on a map and sent me on my way to a new, unknown hotel on a completely different street. I don't think this is the best area to be wandering around with a map on full view and valuables in my bag.
As a lone female sleep-deprived traveller who arrived bang on time for check-in, I didn't appreciate the change of hotel one bit.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo