“Lovely stay!”

Ranked #737 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Telford, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great time staying here. They picked us up from the airport an straight to the hotel. Very small and very friendly and helpful. Nice room and breakfast was also good. It was a 10-15 minute walk to the colosseum and 30-40 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain. Lovely stay

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It's hard to say anything bad about this place because it's a cheap option and the people are nice. But I came expecting more of a hotel experience and this place definitely has a hostel feel.

It's only one floor with ~6 rooms. The walls are paper thin so it's uncomfortable. If we came back late in the night I felt like we were sneaking in.

They also do not change sheets/towels during cleaning. The wifi did not work in our room either.

On the other hand the neighborhood is quite nice and close to some good restaurants. It's a short walk to the colosseum which was quite nice.

If I came back to Rome I'd pay a little extra for a nicer hotel but if you just want a cheap clean b&b this is fine!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Besseberyl
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at conte house for 4 nights just got back, its in a great location with very friendly staff, the place is very clean and nice and quiet, we will definitely use Conte house everytime we visit Rome.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zoeuk5
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel has a great location. It is within blocks of the coliseum. Also close to there subway.
We booked into the Conte house but our plane was late by about 5:30 hours. So when we got there they put us in there other location, My House. It is just down the road.
It turned out to be just fine.
We had a nice room with a private bath and a balcony right on the street. The balcony was a nice place to sit and drink a glass of wine (or a bottle, hey it's Rome)
There was a kitchen that the guest could use. They had breakfast for us every morning in the kitchen. Breakfast was ham, cheese croissants, toast, coffee and juice. I never left hungry always plenty.
They also has a cooler filled with bottle water, soft drinks and beer and wine. All at good prices. They used the honor system, you just put the money in a box on top of cooler.
If I go back to Rome I will stay at the Conte House.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a private bath. I would stay at My House. It is nice and quite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the property my house for two nights and it was lovely.the room was very clean and spacious.emmanuele the young guy who owns it is a sweetheart.he was quick to let us know we could call him if we needed anything. He also let us store our bags there when we went to the papal audience at no extra cost even though we had checked out. The hotel is v close to metro and just a short walk from the colosseum. We would stay here again and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed April 2014
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our four nights in Conte House were very nice. The staff was young and very friendly, the breakfast good and more than enough. And when we were about to leave to Naples, the boy of the Staff (I forgot his name, sorry) helped us calling to different places in Naples and speaking with the other hotels just to book our two first nights in the capital of Campania.
Conte House is a great place and not too expensive if you want to visit the eternal city.
Maybe one thing we didn't like was a smoke smell that came into the room because of the air extractor (I think it was connected with some balcony outside and there people smoked). However, it was very nice staying.
Grazie mile per tutto!
Three guys of the Basque Country (celebrating our 40th birthday). Igor, Jon and Zigor

Room Tip: Choose a room with bathroom inside
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We were reserved in Conte House but they put us up in their new residence called My House which was just down the road. Our stay comfortable and even though the desk was unmmaned most of the time, we had no issues. WiFi was available in rooms and was great. Nice local location, would highly recommend having dinner at I Buoni Amici which is just around the corner. The gelato place near the intersection is great too. Just ten minutes walk from the Colloseaum which was very handy! Near metro stations and bus stops too.

• Stayed April 2014