“Rating”

and 1 more site!
Conte House I
Ranked #739 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I spoke with Conte House one day before the arrival to Rome. We were informed, that everything is ok. We were surprised, that there is not free rooms in reserved hotel, so we got new room in Hotel Rudy and Rudy. Romm has no air conditioning, what is really bad in August temperatures in Rome. Last evening 50 EUR from room safe was dismissed. I recommend to everybody, to do not take substitute accomodation in hotel Rudy and Rudy and request accomodation in Conte House.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank sukmaster

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights (before joining a tour and staying in a bigger hotel) and found the Conte House well positioned, being able to walk to most of the attractions in Rome. We walked, with luggage, from Termini with no trouble. The building itself gave little clue of being an 'hotel' - so make sure you know exactly where to find it. The wire lift cage was a little daunting - we used the stairs apart from when transporting luggage in and out.
Mostly, we found Lorenzo on duty - he spoke good english and was always very friendly and helpful. Cost -wise, The Conte House is very reasonable in comparison to other Rome accommodation options - and suited us well.
I would probably give 5 stars, for a combination of value, comfort and convenience...except that I had booked a 'twin' room - being 2 middle aged ladies travelling together. The room we were given had a lovely large Queen bed and a little fold away bed squeezed in at the side. Not what I would expect, when a 'twin' option is clearly advertised. We coped...but then I wasn't the one sleeping on the fold-up! The bathroom was modern and well appointed. The breakfast room was tiny - large people would seriously struggle to sit at the chairs. The breakfast provided was adequate, without being notable. This was a great start to our 'Roman Holiday'!

Room Tip: Ask more questions if requiring a genuine Twin Room option.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yambagal
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hostel was great. When we entered the building through one of those great big doors you see on the streets we felt quite overwhelmed. Beautiful building, with a homely hostel. The staff is great, the atmosphere is very relaxed (which is nice in the hectic city of Rome) and the people we met we're very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staff was really friendly and the location was excellent. Walking distance to the Collosseum. Highly recommended. Breakfast was basic but good. Internet was good as well. You get what you pay for sure and even more specially with the great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I travelled here last weej with my 12 year old daughter. The place is quite easy to find and wonderfully located. I loved the small hotel feel, and my daughter felt she could really relax, not at all like the usual hotel feel. The place is very clean and the bathrooms are really good, given the space constraints. We loved the lift and the old world feel, too. Nearby are some really good restaurants and we would particularly recommend Panella which serves fabulous food and a wide range of nonalcoholic and alcoholic coctails for a very good price. Well done, Conte HOuse, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

You want the Ritz Carlton with the liveried doorman, go right ahead.
You want a good room in a great location, 3 blocks to subway, 20 min. walk to Colosseum, with a decent breakfast, chance to make yourself a green tea in their kitchen late at night, elevator [feels like Inspector Clouseau or maybe Ms Marple will get off when it gets to your floor] but a lot of Italian B&B/small hotels have nothing to help you up three flights to your room.
Gabriel and his family do everything for you. Just ask.
I loved the honour system for juice, water, beers, wine in the main hall. Don't see that every day and it says a lot about the fine people who run Conte House and their guests.
Re noise. Our room was courtyard side so very quiet. It is a multi storey building. It is Rome. So there is noise sometimes. If you need a full 8 hours beauty sleep every night with just the wind in the treetops outside your definitely in the wrong city and probably the wrong country.
For value, location and attentive staff I'd book the Conte House again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This place has one of the most amazing staff I have ever met! Friendly and lovely! :) they actually care about their customers! They are in a great location. Their hostel room is a tad crowded but everything was always clean and they would make your bed every morning and give you fresh towels ! :) would totally come back!